Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Important Information About Cartel Market Passes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Important Information About Cartel Market Passes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
10.24.2016 , 08:03 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

One of the things that we have talked about last week is our new Galactic Command system, only accessible to subscribers at Level 70. Galactic Command will serve as the single point of access for subscribers to earn rewards playing endgame content such as Operations and Warzones. As of the release of the Knights of the Eternal Throne, rewards from this gameplay is gained via Galactic Command, therefore passes are no longer viable. For example, a preferred player with a Weekly Pass: Operations would be able to play an Operation, but would not earn any rewards for doing so. Due to this change, we have removed all Passes from the Cartel Market.

The following passes have been removed from the Cartel Market:
  • Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • Weekly Pass: Operations
  • Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

Additionally, these passes will be converted to Bind on Legacy with Game Update 4.7.3 coming on Tuesday October 25th. On November 29th all passes will then be removed from the game when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. We are still locking down exactly how we will compensate players who have unused passes as of November 29, and I will have more information to share regarding that next week. We recognize that players are interested in something similar to the Weekly Passes which would offer non-subscribers access to Galactic Command. We are exploring possible options and I will pass on updates as soon as we have them. As always, keep the feedback coming!

Thanks for your support.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Tsetso
10.24.2016 , 08:12 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

One of the things that we have talked about last week is our new Galactic Command system, only accessible to subscribers at Level 70. Galactic Command will serve as the single point of access for subscribers to earn rewards playing endgame content such as Operations and Warzones. As of the release of the Knights of the Eternal Throne, rewards from this gameplay is gained via Galactic Command, therefore passes are no longer viable. For example, a preferred player with a Weekly Pass: Operations would be able to play an Operation, but would not earn any rewards for doing so. Due to this change, we have removed all Passes from the Cartel Market.

The following passes have been removed:
  • Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
  • Weekly Pass: Operations
  • Weekly Pass: Space Missions
  • Weekly Pass: Warzones
  • 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
  • 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

Additionally, these passes will be converted to Bind on Legacy with Game Update 4.7.3 coming on Tuesday. On November 29th all passes will then be removed from the game when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. We are still locking down exactly how we will compensate players who have unused passes as of November 29, and I will have more information to share regarding that next week. We recognize that players are interested in something similar to the Weekly Passes which would offer non-subscribers access to Galactic Command. We are exploring possible options and I will pass on updates as soon as we have them. As always, keep the feedback coming!

Thanks for your support.

-eric
Ok does that mean that in 5.0 pref won't be able to enter pvp and ops?

Jerba
10.24.2016 , 08:17 AM | #3
While this does not affect me or my raid group (everyone is subscribed), this was handled horribly. First, you stealth-remove them from the Cartel Market last thing on Friday so you can't respond on the forums until Monday, then you give less than a day's warning that the passes can no longer be traded/sold come tomorrow, and you can't even tell us what will happen to surplus passes yet.
There are many raiders who bought dozens of these passes so they can continue supporting their raid group even though they are no longer subscribed. I do hope you have good news for them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
From my understanding, they will remove or convert all passes before 5.0, but in the off-chance that a player still has a pass with 5.0, apparently he can continue running operations etc. but won't receive any loot?
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

nyrkverse
10.24.2016 , 08:17 AM | #4
what about ops passes currently stored in guild banks? to my knowledge bind to legacy items can't go in there but I'm sure we are not the only guild who kept a supply for our pref members.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

-Spc
10.24.2016 , 08:19 AM | #5
This means alot of people will just stop playing swtor and move on.
Bioware is loosing 80% of population if they don't allow perfs do pvp or ops.

In other words, game is dead.
Subs also want to sell ops passes so they can make some credits, i guess that will not happen anymore, so maybe even subs will not sub anymore.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
There are many raiders who bought dozens of these passes so they can continue supporting their raid group even though they are no longer subscribed. I do hope you have good news for them.
Exactly, my guild has a ton of them, because some of us can't afford monthly subscriber status, that's why our guild provides them so we as a guild can have fun in operations, but now i guess game will just die.

kvandertulip
10.24.2016 , 08:19 AM | #6
Spoiler

Edit: Scratch that. I misunderstood. This system just sucks more and more as more news is released about it.
The way I'm interpreting it is that as it stands now in 5.0 you must be a subbed to do operations, period.

Tsetso
10.24.2016 , 08:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
From my understanding, they will remove or convert all passes before 5.0, but in the off-chance that a player still has a pass with 5.0, apparently he can continue running operations etc. but won't receive any loot?
I wasn't asking about that. I was asking if by removing the passes they lift the restriction of no ops of prefs or just make it impossible for prefs to enter ops.

Jerba
10.24.2016 , 08:20 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
what about ops passes currently stored in guild banks? to my knowledge bind to legacy items can't go in there but I'm sure we are not the only guild who kept a supply for our pref members.
In the past, when they changed a BoE item to BoP, it would remain in the guild bank but the first player to take it out would have it bound to him.
To be on the safe side, you'll probably want to move it to an officer's bank slot before tomorrow so that the GM/officers have time to decide who is allowed to take out the passes, and you won't have members accidentally taking out passes with no way to give them back.

Jerba
10.24.2016 , 08:27 AM | #9
I wasn't asking about that. I was asking if by removing the passes they lift the restriction of no ops of prefs or just make it impossible for prefs to enter ops.
They mentioned they want to give non-subs a way to participate in Galactic Command, so I'm assuming they will introduce a new Galactic Command Pass on the Cartel Market, then they could easily convert the existing passes into this new pass. However, given that with 5.0 Galactic Command will be the main reason to subscribe, it would seem strange to also offer it on the Cartel Market.

IanArgent
10.24.2016 , 08:27 AM | #10
You know, I try and present the optimistic view of things; but stuff like this, this kind of lack of transparency and this post-hoc communications? It sells a lot of tin-foil hats.

Tell people beforehand this is going to happen, let them put their affairs in order!
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't