Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purple Discoveries Are Too Rare

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Purple Discoveries Are Too Rare

JohnSixteen
12.29.2011 , 01:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Silvermink View Post
I wouldn't mind discoveries being slightly less painful, but I agree the rarer they are, the easier they are to sell the good ones on the GTN. I also would like some of the more useless prefixes to be removed, like +defense on light armor.
Although useless to most, its not entirely useless. Sith assassin is a tanking spec that uses light armor if I'm not mistaken.

Matist
12.29.2011 , 02:32 PM | #12
For leveling up and using self crafted gear just RE to blue.

RE'ing to purple is really for crafters that want to exploit a specific market segment.

Amdarius
12.29.2011 , 03:19 PM | #13
I like them rare. Wouldn't change a thing.

Trivialed
12.29.2011 , 03:30 PM | #14
I dont see them as being that rare, I find its harder to get the schematic if you just RE as they are crafted. Usually takes me about 5-10 tries to get purple and sometimes less, I have 15 purple lvl 50 schematics now. 3 of them I got on the very first try. The trick I do is craft 5-10 of one item and usually 5 of another then 2-3 of another. RE them all at once, and I get 2 schematics usually. Then do it all over again with new items to get more. Sometimes its hard to get one but always get another.

Skinfaxi
12.29.2011 , 03:32 PM | #15
Where can I buy some rear gear...only joking ... I could not help myself.

Anyway...

I am a armstech, currently once a day I play my daily PvP and buy up purple resorces from the market. Last night a got a good deal and got 8 units of grade 6 purple metal for under 4k. I still can't use it for a while, but I buy what ever is out there within reason.

My mastercraft weapons don't sell anymore. I think this is because I can go to a commandation vendor and by a range weapon with 4 mod slots. The mastercraft weapons have only one slot for a single mod.

So now I am concentrating on crafting barrels only. Maybe they will sell. But I bought a LVL 11 blaster upgraded the barrel, and it does better damage than the mastercraft lvl 29 weapon that I spend 10k perfecting.

Crafting needs some tweaking.

Lexster
12.29.2011 , 03:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Skinfaxi View Post
Where can I buy some rear gear...only joking ... I could not help myself.

Anyway...

I am a armstech, currently once a day I play my daily PvP and buy up purple resorces from the market. Last night a got a good deal and got 8 units of grade 6 purple metal for under 4k. I still can't use it for a while, but I buy what ever is out there within reason.

My mastercraft weapons don't sell anymore. I think this is because I can go to a commandation vendor and by a range weapon with 4 mod slots. The mastercraft weapons have only one slot for a single mod.

So now I am concentrating on crafting barrels only. Maybe they will sell. But I bought a LVL 11 blaster upgraded the barrel, and it does better damage than the mastercraft lvl 29 weapon that I spend 10k perfecting.

Crafting needs some tweaking.
Rear gear. . . . check out jedi knight robes.