Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

light saber info?

wardogxxx
12.29.2011 , 02:50 PM | #1
Just started playing the other day, had a couple of questions that are probably pretty basic.
1. Can you change the color of a light saber? If so how?
2. I'm a Jedi sentinel and was wonder how/when do you duel carry? I can't seem to buy another.

thanks.

Nysm
12.29.2011 , 02:53 PM | #2
I'm only level 20 but I think the color of the lightsaber is decided by the crystals you put in the weapon. However the crystals are bought by a vendor such as the "light side" or "dark side" vendor and the only way you'll be allowed to use them is by having x amount of dark or x amount of light.
I am the future

Darthshnooky
12.29.2011 , 02:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wardogxxx View Post
Just started playing the other day, had a couple of questions that are probably pretty basic.
1. Can you change the color of a light saber? If so how?
2. I'm a Jedi sentinel and was wonder how/when do you duel carry? I can't seem to buy another.

thanks.
1. Color crystals. They are made by the Artifice crew skill, can be purchased, and found in lightsabers and other moddable weapons that drop.

2. When you chose your AC, you should have received a bag. In it is a second saber for your off-hand.

Natarii
12.29.2011 , 03:19 PM | #4
Items with an ORANGE border and ORANGE highlight color to the name can be modified by ctrl+right clicking - this opens up a window that lets you change the 'mods' inside the item, including the color crystal. Color crystals are obtainable from other 'orange' items and from the artificer crew skill. Currently red, blue, green, and yellow are fairly common (red/blue/green have alignment restrictions), orange does exist, and purple is a hot debate that I won't get into! There are other rare colors available through various means. Good Luck!
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

Owsley
12.29.2011 , 03:34 PM | #5
One additional point, certain crystal colors are restricted by lightside / darkside levels. Lightside I and above cannot use a red crystal. Darkside I and above cannot use Blue or Green crystals. Once you get your lightsaber, there is a crafting mission that is the tutorial to show you how to add/change the componants of your lightsaber/weapons/armor. If you pre ordered, you received a special yellow-back crystal to use.