Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alacrity and dots

dreer
12.22.2011 , 08:40 PM | #1
Is it confirmed that alacrity effects dots? In Astral's guide it says it does, but I have heard over and over again that it doesn't. I want to confirm as I am getting close to 50 and want to start thinking about gear. Until it's confirmed for sure I am going to start leaning on crit and surge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Dastion
12.23.2011 , 12:09 AM | #2
I would suggest trying it out. Do a Lightning Build and choose 2 points Exsanguinate (+6 seconds to Affliction) and Polarity Shift (+20% Alacrity).

Use a stop-watch/phone app to time the duration on an enemy. With the 20% Alacrity boost on your 21 second duration affliction the spell should only last about 17 seconds.

dreer
12.23.2011 , 12:55 AM | #3
Thanks Dastion. It seems there is nobody who knows. So I will try it out and see how it does.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Mooby
12.23.2011 , 01:17 AM | #4
Doesn't affect DoTs other than Crushing Darkness' initial cast time, or at least I cannot see a difference when I tested it out the other day. Also doesn't reduce the GCD seemingly.

Antinex
12.28.2011 , 12:30 PM | #5
Does anyone know what this stat does? Is there an instruction manual that explains some of the basic concepts? It's really frustrating to have to look things up every few minutes or to have to ask in general chat, which generally results in an incorrect answer.

ruckustata
12.29.2011 , 09:27 AM | #6
Doesn't alacrity speed up cast time and channeling times. So for casting it would reduce the time it takes for your spell to go off. And for channeling it would decrease the amount of time you channel but also decrease the time between ticks.

That's how I understand the ability to do. So it would not affect the dots since it's already been cast.

dreer
12.29.2011 , 03:00 PM | #7
So for madness, I can't see alacrity being any good. You have 1 channel time, FL. Every once in awhile if you get unlucky and have to cast crushing darkness. So if it doesn't affect dots and we have 1 channel time. I surmise that Madness should be stacking crit and surge and forgoing alacrity. Which really blows because it looks like most of our tier gear has alacrity. I suppose we can switch out mods.

ReFlexionn
12.29.2011 , 03:31 PM | #8
i'd love to spam FL with a 0.5 sec channeling( if its possible XD)
Baka ka omae wa?