Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Garjhon
12.29.2011 , 03:15 PM | #81
People who complain about chat bubbles ruining their immersion should go play a single player game or something.

neinnunb
12.29.2011 , 03:18 PM | #82
Chat bubbles are needed. I got used to them in SWG. It makes it much easier to see when someone is trying to call for a heal or something like that. For socializing its also fun.

It's a moot discussion if you like them or not as long as it's an option. It's a win/win situation so I can't see any reason why not to introduce this feature.

Nysm
12.29.2011 , 03:21 PM | #83
I'd be happy to see if they add chatbubbles because I'd only use it for say and party and disable for everything else.

Spending hours playing the game doing quests makes me completely ignore chat.
I am the future

Arkimor
12.29.2011 , 03:24 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Oooz View Post
its not a standard feature, in fact not many mmo's have this feature and thats a relief, bloody hate chat bubbles appearing everywhere. totaly no need for them.
That's what we want a toggle for them, so that people can switch between the two. Fact is a LOT of people want them very badly.

I support this thread.
Killer: 100%|Achiever: 40%| Socializer: 33%| Explorer: 33%

Warnings: 15 Infractions: 8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xugos View Post
This forum has better PvP than TOR, brah.

Stubacca
12.31.2011 , 04:47 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by neinnunb View Post
Chat bubbles are needed. I got used to them in SWG. It makes it much easier to see when someone is trying to call for a heal or something like that. For socializing its also fun.

It's a moot discussion if you like them or not as long as it's an option. It's a win/win situation so I can't see any reason why not to introduce this feature.
I agree whole heartedly. Where are the chat bubbles? An option to enable them should be added ASAP!
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

Akkalevil
12.31.2011 , 05:42 AM | #86
Count me in to support chat bubbles. It's rather incredible that it wasn't ready at launch.

ShadowMasterRP
12.31.2011 , 05:49 AM | #87
Yes, indeed, chat bubbles are necessary.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength; through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory; through victory, my chains are broken.

Caesar_Eire
12.31.2011 , 06:01 AM | #88
YES, YES and YES!!

It's so hard to tell if someone is talking to you. Please add chat bubbles!

CDWORK
12.31.2011 , 12:46 PM | #89
Would love to see this as at least a toggle option.

Aramyth
12.31.2011 , 12:51 PM | #90
I find this baffling. The last MMO I played that had chat bubbles was The Sims Online.... XD

Is there really that big of a demand for them? As long as it's a toggle, and I don't have to see a single chat bubble, then I'll support it for people who want it but consider my mind blown.