Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NYC Cantina Discussion - Official Response?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
NYC Cantina Discussion - Official Response?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tanitha
10.11.2016 , 06:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
no its not maintenance mode lol maintenance mode means NO NEW CONTENT, look at what happened to warhammer online (no new content after the first expansion until it shut down).
This got new content every month, content that some people dont like sure, but still new content.
What exactly is that content? A 20 mins long crappy chapter? And a 10 mins long alliance alert? All of that solo? that's not end game content. That's not content. Content means something that you spend some time and effort to achiev, be it a new conquest, a new event, a new op, new FPs, a new daily area...

Deewe
10.11.2016 , 08:05 AM | #12
@OP: Here's a recap of what has been said at the Cantina's event.
Pretty sure we'll get some orange post at some point this week.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

EricMusco
10.11.2016 , 09:34 AM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
So I appreciate that Cristina Petrarca did some live tweeting during the Cantina of the information spoken of to go along with the site updates from Friday. (and thanks to Dulfy for linking them all as well)

However, I just wanted to see if Eric, Ben or Charles was going to make a post summing everything up that was discussed as well so we can get some clear idea of everything?

-Are chapters being released all at once for the "binging", in batches?
-Mention of a livestream in January regarding operations. Is that true, or is it not operations but Group content of which we won't describe what kind until then?
-More livestreams to come to go into more detail on Uprisings, alerts, etc?
-End Date for DvL?
-New PvP maps/new types?
-GSF content?

Just wanted to see if there was any official word on these to counter the speculation that is occurring in the absence of clarity.

Thanks in advance!
I got you covered:
  • All 9 Chapters are being released with Eternal Throne's launch.
  • What we said is that after KOTET's launch, the team is refocusing on group content. Our hope is that as a part of the January Producer Letter or Livestream, we will have more specific updates on what is to come. This includes all types of group content, but was a specific answer to the question of Operations.
  • We will have a whole bunch of livestreams and blogs between now and launch to go into details on many facets of the expansion.
  • Dark vs Light is intended to end with KOTET Early Access on November 29th. However, I believe the Dark vs Light part of it to decide which Companion will be awarded, will end a week or so prior to that.
  • PvP / GSF - Refer to answer above about Operations // stream in January.
-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

azudelphi
10.11.2016 , 09:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I got you covered:
  • What we said is that after KOTET's launch, the team is refocusing on group content. Our hope is that as a part of the January Producer Letter or Livestream, we will have more specific updates on what is to come. This includes all types of group content, but was a specific answer to the question of Operations.
  • We will have a whole bunch of livestreams and blogs between now and launch to go into details on many facets of the expansion.
  • Dark vs Light is intended to end with KOTET Early Access on November 29th. However, I believe the Dark vs Light part of it to decide which Companion will be awarded, will end a week or so prior to that.
-eric
Thanks for the great confirmation of info Eric.

Along the lines of blogs and livestreams, is there a rough timeline for when we may see blogs about the upcoming expansion? I know I am itching to learn more about the galactic command feature specifically.

Edit: saw the answer in the other post! Awesome.
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

TUXs
10.11.2016 , 09:51 AM | #15
I got you covered:
-eric
I appreciate the reply Eric. Please pass along my opinion that Uprisings being limited to 4-players, is a terrible freaking idea...we have a plethora of 4-player content right now...we didn't need more.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

JabbaWabbA
10.11.2016 , 09:55 AM | #16
[*]What we said is that after KOTET's launch, the team is refocusing on group content. Our hope is that as a part of the January Producer Letter or Livestream, we will have more specific updates on what is to come. This includes all types of group content, but was a specific answer to the question of Operations.

my man
Celebratin' like the championship

Nebdar
10.11.2016 , 09:59 AM | #17
I got you covered:
-eric
at the start of KOTFE you showed us titles of first 9 chapters and stated that there will be 16..
Is KOTET will be only those 9 chapters or more ?
Chancellor Keith has ordered construction of New Mega Servers. 5 servers to Rule them ALL. Rebels Beware!
We had our New Hope chapter in SWTOR development it seems now is the time for E(A)mpire Strikes Back or will there will be Return of The Jedi?

gabigool
10.11.2016 , 10:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I appreciate the reply Eric. Please pass along my opinion that Uprisings being limited to 4-players, is a terrible freaking idea...we have a plethora of 4-player content right now...we didn't need more.
If I am interpreting Eric's reply properly, future Operations are confirmed and we will get details on the when/what in January.

I think that's what he is saying.

Edit: I'm getting tired of having to interpret communication WRT Operations. Is some *********** clear communication possible please? A live stream in January is fine but give us a clear answer now. FFS.
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we haven’t yet announced.... ...and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.... ...we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team can’t wait to announce it.

Tsetso
10.11.2016 , 10:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post
If I am interpreting Eric's reply properly, future Operations are confirmed and we will get details on the when/what in January.

No, that's what he's hinting. I won't believe that they are doing new operation unless they say "Yes, we're doing new operation, it'll be released not more than x months from now"

devincor
10.11.2016 , 10:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by gabigool View Post

That is the problem when people mention group content and ops in the same question, the answer is muddied. It needs to be two separate questions:

1) Will the January group content discussion include Operations?

2) Will there be any future Operations?