Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop Calling for NERFS!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stop Calling for NERFS!!!!

Kulraven
12.29.2011 , 03:01 PM | #1
Please, I'm begging this community. Stop calling for nerfs every time someone kills you, you can't defeat someone or you see something amazing you cant explain. The Wow community was the whiniest community I have ever seen and it ruined the game. When the vocal minority of the community puts overwhelming pressure on the devs and they cave in and nerf one class it sets a precedent for all other classes to be nerfed anytime they aquire an ability that gives them a real or perceived advantage.

The nerf merry-go-round begins and no class, spec, or build is safe. You will invest hours, days and weeks of your life leveling a character only to have the very reasons you were interested in the class in the first place be ripped away.

Those most vocal about calling for nerfs will eventually be the target of other calls for nerfs when the merry-go-round gets to you. When the spirit of a class(es) is regularly ripped away the constant flavor of the month re-rolling begins and no one wins. The game simply becomes an alt fest and resentment of the devs begins and community trust erodes.

Again, said advantages are often only perceptions. However, even when real advantages are present it is usually greatly exaggerated. Ive pvp'd in every possible way in both Everquest and Wow and I have seen flavor of the month toons come and go. Ive killed them all and been killed by them all. If you have a hard time with a class, practice new strategies and try to improve. Maybe (shock) play as a team to take out a skilled player.

Please, please stop calling for nerfs. Instead of L2P, how about learn to adapt? Take on the challenge instead of taking the easy way out. The nerf merry-go-round causes everyone to lose.

Michael-Shadow-Soresu
Mar-vel, Dark Sentinel
"He is a Dark Jedi."
"Jedi?"
"Dark Jedi."

Ruan
12.29.2011 , 03:02 PM | #2
So you are saying every aspect of the game is 100% balanced and fair in all situations?

It's not.

Someone at some point is going to have to take some kind of nerf. Deal with it.
Social features; cantinas, player housing, guild cities, these are what SWG did right.
PvP specific gear is the best way to kill PvP by segregating your player base.

Kulraven
12.29.2011 , 03:08 PM | #3
No, Im saying it NEVER WILL BE, so stop whining and adapt.

If not, the nerfs will never stop.

Now its nerf scoundrels. Ok, when they get nerfed who is next?

Deal.
Mar-vel, Dark Sentinel
"He is a Dark Jedi."
"Jedi?"
"Dark Jedi."

MrTerrito
12.29.2011 , 03:09 PM | #4
Nerf Territo

Hezakia
12.29.2011 , 03:13 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruan View Post
So you are saying every aspect of the game is 100% balanced and fair in all situations?

It's not.

Someone at some point is going to have to take some kind of nerf. Deal with it.
Is any game balanced? NO ITS NOT!!! Every class has had someone create a thread and say "omg Nerf said class i got pwned!!! Almost all of it is about or related to PVP (ya know PLAYER VS PLAYER which is where most of the problem lies, with the player) The OP was simply asking the community to not jump off the deep end and end up having every class nerfed into oblivion.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force!!

Vicid
12.29.2011 , 03:15 PM | #6
I started this game as a Slicer/Biochem Scoundrel.

I HATE all these crazy calls for nerfs.
Beware he who would deny you the ability to freely respec, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Mrshush
12.29.2011 , 03:17 PM | #7
op has a great point. somewhere during the development stage, bw said that classes are not going to be balanced around 1v1 fighting so get over it. get a few friends, or learn to work together.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
I started this game as a Slicer/Biochem Scoundrel.

I HATE all these crazy calls for nerfs.
keep your slicer qq out. we told them that slicing would wreck the econ for 6months in the beta. a gathering skill is not meant to make money doing mission skills. thats that. go farm lockboxes thats how it was suppose to be done.

maesesami
12.29.2011 , 03:19 PM | #8
Well, no nerfs, so give me bubble, insta cast damage channelings, speed and faster attack animations.
You know the truth so stop trying to hide the evidence.

Crowleyz
12.29.2011 , 03:19 PM | #9
I do hate the whine threads a lot as well.

Sure, everyone gets pissed off when they get ripped apart by someone with no way of explaining how that happened. BUT! If you try that class yourself, you might understand what he did and how you could've countered it. I do think they have done an exceptional job of balancing this game as it was released, there are mmo's out there that aren't even close to the level of balance within SWTOR for months or even years(see: Age Of Conan).

Is it perfect though? No, of course not. And it never will be. The easiest solution when you get owned is simply going on forums to vent your rage and anger, and providing useless information that benefits no-one in the process. Does this behavior help the devs refine the game and balance it? Not at all.

If you really have concerns, please try to discuss them in a rational manner, instead of yelling "NERF THIS NERF THAT BUFF MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!". By providing reliable information and solid arguements, you can help the devs understand the issue and make their own analysis easier.

Example: Earlier today I saw a level 50 bounty hunter in Huttball doing over 450k damage with nothing but Tracer Missile, every time I saw him he was spamming Tracer Missile, nothing else. But does that mean that it's too good? Kinda doubt it! He was level 50, while the rest of us were mostly below 30. Will he be completely useless once the majority reaches level 50? God I hope so

JayneKobb
12.29.2011 , 03:24 PM | #10
+1 for the OP. The nerf bat only taketh away and never giveth.
The Brotherhood
An Elite Trooper-Only Republic PVP Unit
--->Recruitment Thread<---