Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Credit Sellers and Spammers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IanArgent
10.04.2016 , 10:19 AM | #21
Excellent news!
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

EricMusco
10.04.2016 , 10:41 AM | #22 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Oh finally Do you know how many credits that were deleted along with their accounts?
Good question, but the answer gets a little complicated. What most of you associate credit selling with are the in-game mail and messages that you receive. The spammers. That is only a part of the networks associated with credit sellers. Your question is actually related to the distributors. Those are the accounts which are holding, hiding, and constantly moving the credits, they are not the same as the spammers.

That being said, we aren't going to go into detail on the trillions of credits that we just took out of the game with this wave of action.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
10.04.2016 , 10:46 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
That being said, we aren't going to go into detail on the trillions of credits that we just took out of the game with this wave of action.

-eric
Nice lol...that started with a "T" and ended with an "s", meaning multiples. WOW!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

IanArgent
10.04.2016 , 10:49 AM | #24
!!

A trillion here, a trillion there...

No, wait, you were always talking about a large amount of credits.

The downside to this is, unfortunately, this almost certainly means that a certain amount of rare items went up in smoke with the banned accounts.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Jamtas
10.04.2016 , 10:53 AM | #25
Why take a trillion when you can take, a billion?
Let's agree to never say "RNG is exciting" ever again.

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/H9v4V6

TUXs
10.04.2016 , 11:09 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm not so sure you're mathing right...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Tsetso
10.04.2016 , 11:11 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
That's a trick question i guess. American trillion is same as long scale billion

Jamtas
10.04.2016 , 11:19 AM | #28
I could be wrong, but I'm not so sure you're mathing right...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vohNUTTx3A
Let's agree to never say "RNG is exciting" ever again.

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/H9v4V6

Transcendent
10.04.2016 , 11:35 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

With today's maintenance we acted on a few different initiatives to help curb the in-game chat and mail spam of credit sellers. Some examples of what was done today include:
  • Made adjustments to some existing automated functions to better catch credit sellers.
-eric
Will (or does) this include a "Report Credit Seller" right click option, that auto ignores the credit seller (or associated account)? Will we also get an upgrade to our mailbox features at some point to only allow messages from Friends / Guildmates / GTN sales?

Those are frequently requested features that would go a long way to being able to impact directly on how these credit sellers try to communicate with the player base. Obviously a lot more goes on in the background, and it is appreciated, but by being able to silence them communicating would also send a strong message from players that want nothing to do with them.

Also, pass my thanks on to the team handling this, and thanks for updating us on the progress it is appreciated.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

myrdinn
10.04.2016 , 12:25 PM | #30
Mind putting a badge somewhere in the Legacy for Credit Spammer Hunter?

Something like "helped the Chevin Bounty Squad X 25" or somesuch?