Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Escape Podcast: How to Fly GSF for DvL

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Escape Podcast: How to Fly GSF for DvL

FlavivsAetivs
09.29.2016 , 06:36 PM | #1
http://www.newoverlords.com/swtor-es...y-gsf-for-dvl/

Haven't watched it yet as my home internet sucks. Any thoughts?

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
Umbra
Jedi Covenant

Storm-Cutter
09.29.2016 , 11:37 PM | #2
He picks up the mission and explains a bit about loadouts and ship types. Then he flies around in the tutorial, covering engines shields and weapons settings, and shoots a target drone with missile lock and lasers. - Not much more than you can figure out by yourself on tutorial, but not bad for the absolute beginner.

TBH It'd be good to show newcomers the art of flying around obstacles at speed, using your controls to go where you want to go, using your CDS and all that, but maybe that'll come in the next video.

It's far better than some advice out there which basically says 'keep crashing until you get the achieve.' whoever posts that needs protorps and BLCs up their tailpipe.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

caederon
09.29.2016 , 11:58 PM | #3
Despite covering the most basic of basics, that video does so in great depth and he gets nearly everything right. I would recommend any beginner watch that video. The GSF part starts at 18min into it and continues to the end. It's a very thorough run-through of the things a new pilot ought to learn... and if such a pilot does make it through all that and learn their lessons, they will have a foundation for flying they can build on and forge competitive skills.

Despon

SeCKSEgai
09.30.2016 , 07:46 PM | #4
Notice how she was putting off that final match - we as a community seem to go out of our way to make it a horrible experience for them first timers.
Réiyn - Maryss - Rölánd - Monéy - Retrocide - Reiyñ

Rélentless - Reíyn - Rölañd - Tàtiana

Storm-Cutter
10.03.2016 , 09:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SeCKSEgai View Post
Notice how she was putting off that final match - we as a community seem to go out of our way to make it a horrible experience for them first timers.
Not always so. There are occasional events put together by a few well-meaning souls. - There are occasional stock nights, so vets didn't have the advantage of fully mastered ships (FWIW) And training nights also.
Secondly, most of us appreciate someone who tries (and says they're new) - so long as they contribute to the final score.
Thirdly there's been plenty of time to practice since GSF launched 3 years ago.
4thly. (!!) even if you're relatively new, you can master the basics and gear up your fave ship in a few days/ couple of weeks.
Lastly, it doesn't seem right to potentially ruin 15 other people's experiences for one newbie. I know some people give 2-ship oppositions a mercy sat or let them chase us all over the map - but let 'em have free kills and let them have an easy win.-Surely not. - It's Player v Player after all.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

FlavivsAetivs
10.03.2016 , 11:57 AM | #6
When that lautrechienne fella on these forums was first learning people were telling me to let him kill me so he could learn because he was gonna quit since I kept turning around and killing him. To which I replied "hell no." I'll go easy on noobs, let them have a pity sat or hold back in TDM, sure. But if someone comes after me I'm gonna flip around and shred them. If they avoid me I'm probably not gonna mess with them unless I have nothing else to do/shoot at, then I'll probably lock a protorp and run off to do more relevant stuff.

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
Umbra
Jedi Covenant