Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Reasons to play


CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
09.20.2016 , 12:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
"group mined "
*mind

Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
Honestly imo i think they could take out all the ops and any other group type activity and the game would survive just fine .
That is definitely a laugh. This game would die in a flash.
Because taking out all group content would equal: All heroics gone, all flashpoints, all PvP maps, all operations, Oricon's end quest, the microbinoculars questline, the seeker droid questline, world bosses, and the list goes on and on.
What you're asking for is a Star Wars single player game. Just go play one. Stop trying to change the game that already exists to suit your wants & desires. You have already made it quite clear on most threads you comment in, you're a solo player, story driven person. That's fine for you, but NOT everyone wants that. Play it your way, but quit harassing any player who posts an opposite opinion of yours with ad hominem attacks or strawman arguments.


Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
This is not the case by definition any game that allows multiple people to access the same environment at the same time is a MMO regardless of the "group content" you could and there is games that exist today that do not "rely" on group content and are still considered "mmo". There is even a "mmo" that has nothing but player created content with no structure to it at all ( second life )
Amusing you bring up Second Life as it entirely revolves around "group content" as it is a heavy RP game. To do anything in that game, you are with other people from dance clubs, to Star Wars area, to Gor area, etc...People are there, you play & interact with them following the rules of that area you are in.


Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
So basically your saying there is a difference between running the same story content over again and running the same op over again LOL ...that's just **facepalm**
There actually is. Operations rely on party grouping, stats, gearing, players paying attention, mechanics, etc...
The KOTFE story has NONE of that for replay value. Operations do get old after a time, will not deny that, but they don't get as old as KOTFE did.
KOTFE is a streamlined, GO this way, DO this here, Walk here, etc...story. Nothing even like the original stories. You could at least explore, run secondary quests, etc...

Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
For example in my opinion the game has an over abundance of replay value .
After running a couple toon though all 16 chapters and raising my alliance i just started yet another new Knight and am doing all the planets completely again full new armor from the event all legacy xp and the xp boosts from quests I am level 35 with all 34 level mods just starting tatooine and still having a great time .
There is your biggest catch. You have run a COUPLE of toons through the story. A couple is 2. Running KOTFE two times, is not that bad.
Try running 5+ especially back to back.
I have 24 toons; 6 level 50+, 1 48, the rest are 65. I've run through KOTFE more times that I'd like. Especially the first 9 chapters. It's a drag, nothing but spacebar, putting me to sleep because there is no replay value. Nothing changes for all 8 classes.
Looking your account number, I see you are still new to the game, enjoy it! Have fun with the game, but don't come in knocking those of us who have been playing for years, who have multiple toons, who have ran the content into the ground, who expect the game to continue growing & expanding through the coming years, and tell us it has plenty of replay value.


Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
except for the unbiased and factual definition of what a "mmo" is ...look it up on google some time.
That's already been argued, pointed out, and ignored by those on your stance. There are several definitions of MMO. All are correct. Don't split hairs.

Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
Any way ...that is all i have to say regarding this in this thread ...If you dispute anything i have stated that's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
Amusing.
You make a comment, someone disagrees with you, you debate them back with one post & then say "I'm done.". Very immature & definitely defeats your points.
Interested in a Free Server Transfer, 7 Days Sub & More? Follow that link to get started!

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.20.2016 , 12:51 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
Nope i meant egos some believe that MMO exist simply to serve the "group mined " community and that any MMO that does not is "doomed"

Honestly imo i think they could take out all the ops and any other group type activity and the game would survive just fine .
Egos? Playing with other people, helping other players, and helping other players enjoy the game is now an "ego" thing? Is that seriously what you're suggesting? My "ego" has zilch to do with anything in-game. I LOVE group activities...it's 95% of why I play MMOs to begin with...to do thing with other players. To me, co-op fun beats any other type of fun any day. I enjoy helping my friends, as well as complete strangers, accomplish things THEY would like to do.

I think you couldn't be more wrong. I don't think 300 players would hang around for $15 a month just to get 30min of non-repeatable, static story, each month. Removing group activities removes the MMO aspect of this game and turns it into a solo online story...something very few people would pay $180 a year for.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

IanArgent's Avatar


IanArgent
09.20.2016 , 12:51 PM | #13
I play because I haven't Done It All, Won't Do Any More yet. The game is Still Fun.
You want the Things? Do some Work.
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
09.20.2016 , 12:57 PM | #14
I still have a lot of angles with which to approach and enjoy the story content. That's most of it.
Watch my crazy video ideas in SWTOR form.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

gabigool's Avatar


gabigool
09.20.2016 , 01:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
If you dispute anything i have stated that's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
Yeah, sorry, I mistakenly took you seriously for a moment. Thanks for clarifying.
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we haven’t yet announced.... ...and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.... ...we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team can’t wait to announce it.

IanArgent's Avatar


IanArgent
09.20.2016 , 01:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Egos? Playing with other people, helping other players, and helping other players enjoy the game is now an "ego" thing? Is that seriously what you're suggesting? My "ego" has zilch to do with anything in-game. I LOVE group activities...it's 95% of why I play MMOs to begin with...to do thing with other players. To me, co-op fun beats any other type of fun any day. I enjoy helping my friends, as well as complete strangers, accomplish things THEY would like to do.

I think you couldn't be more wrong. I don't think 300 players would hang around for $15 a month just to get 30min of non-repeatable, static story, each month. Removing group activities removes the MMO aspect of this game and turns it into a solo online story...something very few people would pay $180 a year for.
You might be surprised how much "community" is worth, even without cooperative large-group content. Not that I'm running down co-operative large-group content, mind you.

Would this game survive without it? I don't know, and I hope never to have to find out; its current player base has the expectation of that built-in.

How do I square that with my oft-repeated sparring with TUXs etc over the lack of Ops content in KotFE? It was a necessary evil due to the effort necessary to refurbish the base game, and to put TEC in. Some major part of the game was going to get shorted, and Ops was the least-bad decision. Bad decision is not necessarily a wrong decision, when all of your options are bad. Also, I think they need to change the paradigm to require less unbroken time commitment.

KotET had better have large-group content; even if it's not classic-raid style, and even if it's not "harder" than RAV/ToS. (Obligatory Disclaimer, I'm for both of those statements.)
You want the Things? Do some Work.
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

_NovaBlast_'s Avatar


_NovaBlast_
09.20.2016 , 01:12 PM | #17
The only reason I am coming back to this thread is because an inaccuracy was told about me personally i am not new

I just wanted to clarify that for random people who read this so they are not misinformed

I have been around for years . in game mailbox was qualified for ealy acces and have many toons.

While i'm here Tux - its not the fact you like group content i have issues with ..its the attitude that MMO are only here to service "group" players . If you lkie that fine ...but if you think its the pillar that holds the game up then we have to disagree.

I stand behind everything i said .
I miss Kira....

Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
If you're playing a BioWare game for something other than story and characters then you're doing it wrong.

Jamtas's Avatar


Jamtas
09.20.2016 , 01:17 PM | #18
OK _NovaBlast_ I get where you are coming from. You've been here for two years and have been advocating that MMOs don't mean group content and that this game should offer pure solo play for all content. You made the decision to avoid all group content in case you were ever paired with an "elitist" gamer.

So yes, if you stay alone and ignore everyone, no one can be elitist to you. However, boycotting all interaction of other gamers will deprive you of meeting some really good people in this game. I've made many friends in this game over the past 5 years and enjoy grouping up to do content with them.

This game has something for all play types. You want solo only, there are the core stories, heroics, and all expansion stories. Every FP has a SM that are soloable (except CW which doesn't have a HM either). Space missions (not GSF but the on rails one) are also soloable. There's EC to get fights with a boss mechaic that can be done solo.

And they will continue rolling out more story and FPs as well as other content you can do solo.

But there is also the group aspect of this game you don't like. Many do though. We want more group content to run with replay ability. The past year, we have gotten new solo content each month. Group has gotten 2 pvp maps in past year - no new content. Star fortress are group optional.

Those of us who enjoy all aspects of the game and don't shut out the outside world of gamers want to have this game give us something new as well. You can keep posting your MMO definition like that somehow wipes out how this game marketed itself as well as how the BW team have replied to group content as the "MMO bits" of the game. It really doesn't change the fact that many here in forum and on BW team refer to the operations and other group content as MMO parts of the game.
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Peace out.

Jamtas's Avatar


Jamtas
09.20.2016 , 01:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
The only reason I am coming back to this thread is because an inaccuracy was told about me personally i am not new

I just wanted to clarify that for random people who read this so they are not misinformed

I have been around for years . in game mailbox was qualified for ealy acces and have many toons.

While i'm here Tux - its not the fact you like group content i have issues with ..its the attitude that MMO are only here to service "group" players . If you lkie that fine ...but if you think its the pillar that holds the game up then we have to disagree.

I stand behind everything i said .
hmm, qualified for early access yet there is this post dated 4/29/14 (2 years ago): http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...97#post7383397

Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
HI everyone I created my account on 04/06/2014 just before the last double xp weekend . And I Just killed the emperor ( will update my screen shot page ) and got what I think is the last romance talk from Kira.

EDIT: Now noticing you didn't specify early access to what - so in that context if you meant early access to KOTFE- sure then.
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Peace out.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
09.20.2016 , 01:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
While i'm here Tux - its not the fact you like group content i have issues with ..its the attitude that MMO are only here to service "group" players . If you lie that fine ...but if you think its the pillar that holds the game up then we have to disagree.

I stand behind everything i said .
I'm just curious...who here thinks MMOs should only focus on group activities? Has ANYONE here, or not here, ever suggested that?

See, I LOVE group activities, but that doesn't mean I dislike solo activities, or even worse, want them removed. I understand that what "I" like, you may not like, and that's fine. If you want more solo experiences, I support your desire for that. I'll stand up with you and demand more solo content, because solo content is the thing people like me, who enjoy group content, actually do until we have enough on for a group activity.

MMOs consist of people that like all types of things...like crafting. An activity that I honestly dislike. I don't craft in this game, I've never crafted in any other game...it's nothing "I" enjoy...but others do. Because they enjoy it, I support them when they ask for more things to craft...because they too are a part of the community I play with. Their $ is just as viable as mine and their voice is just as important as mine is. Same with RP...I don't get it, I don't do it, but I LOVE that other players do. I love that they can play the same game I am, even though we enjoy different things.

What "I" want, is group activities...but that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)