Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

powertech or jug

ascensi
12.29.2011 , 08:55 AM | #1
So on my epic search for my class to play, I narrowed it down to jugger or powertech. I primarily pvp, so if anyone has any experience with either or both classes please let me know, as ill primarily run a dps spec for pvp and a tank spec pve.

I've read up on both, just want some first hand accounts. I like being in the fray, beating things , even if the damage is medeocre. Maybe some cc too.

Id prefer the advice be from someone not in their 20s

xioix
12.29.2011 , 09:38 AM | #2
my friend has trouble as a tank jugg killing gold elites at l32 whereas i kill these guys with 85%hp left

my friend is now a sorc.

ascensi
12.29.2011 , 10:01 AM | #3
I'm taking it as you're a powertech? My final stage of beta I rolled a trooper vanguard, only got to like 19 but I dominated, both pvp and pve. I don't think I had any problems questing, even the heroic quests and thats without starting with a healer pet . It was fun because I could start combat at a distance and finish close range w grenades, the gun etc, and get in close range to finish the harder mobs. I'm trying jugger because I like the armor, storyline and the lightsaber/warrior type instead of artillery. But I'm not going to lie, reading all the QQ threads about jugger sucking as dps, and tank is starting to really get me to reconsider.

Redial
12.29.2011 , 10:03 AM | #4
as someone who plays both BH (merc) and Jugg, only to lvl 25

do yourself a favor and roll the powertech. i do enjoy both.

[prepares for the l2p barrage]

ascensi
12.29.2011 , 12:52 PM | #5
I guess what I'm going to do is give jugger a try, if all else fails ill reroll. I want to see what all the QQ and dissapointment is about with jugger. I've played "gimp classes" many times and loved them. If its fast paced and good pvp, then chances are ill enjoy it.

renegadeimp
12.29.2011 , 01:14 PM | #6
Juggernaut doesnt come into its own until the 30's. bear that in mind when rolling a toon.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.