Ancient Threat permanent spawned prevents Talos Drellik alliance alert

Rygho

As of last night, this is still happening on Jedi Covenant. My fiance was doing the Drellik alert and got slammed by the boss. I thought he was doing something wrong or happened by when a group was trying to take it down since when I'd done the alert before the patch, everything went smooth. I watched him as he tried again on two different approaches to the altar relics and the boss was active and there was a lag going on like I've never seen on his computer.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not fixed on Red Eclipse after the patch...disappointed.

Correct! Today's patch was 4.7a, and this will be addressed in 4.7.1, per Eric's post earlier in the thread.

4.7.1 is the update that will also include the HK Bonus Chapter, and is slated to release on September 7th!

-Tait

4.7.1 is unacceptable ... this needs to be fixed NOW, since its game breaking. Waiting more is unacceptable Eric, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED TODAY!!!!

Really angry right now, but hey should've expected this **** to be pulled.

Edited by NoomiryarZ

And now after the maintenance as per today, the ancient threat is now invisible but still there

Ancient Threat: *hiding in a corner* Nobody loves me... they just want to kill me... I didn't do anything wroooooong!

Outlander: *comes into the clearing* Hey, it's gone! Whew!

Talos: Drat. I had hoped to study it--

Ancient Threat: *POUNCE* SOMEBODY TO LOVE ME!!

Outlander and Talos: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *promptly die of fright*

Ancient Threat: ... :( Nooooooooooooooo...

Oh well. It'll be fixed eventually. It kind of sucks that we have to wait for a while in order for it to be fixed, but I guess things happen like that.

How fast does it respawn after its killed?

If it takes a few min I might just put a group together so I can finish the quest

Only about a minute or two but you could get it done if you're fast. You might also be able to have a person or small group of people pull the Threat off the objective and let people go complete the mission without actually killing the boss, provided they don't attack or get pulled into combat (the pulsing AOE does not, on it's own, put you in combat).

Edited by FrozenGoalie

You can still complete the Talos alert. you just have to make a quick stop on Tat before hand. Getting the buff from the book in outlaws den will prevent you from being pulled in and it last for some 2 hours. So you can grab the buff then port to the alert and complete it. Having the buff will not cause you to automatically engage the boss or anything.

You can still complete the Talos alert. you just have to make a quick stop on Tat before hand. Getting the buff from the book in outlaws den will prevent you from being pulled in and it last for some 2 hours. So you can grab the buff then port to the alert and complete it. Having the buff will not cause you to automatically engage the boss or anything.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot when I get home. I was feeling pretty irritated about waiting 3 more weeks to get Talos :mad:

Bless you, brother! :)

since the last update i have graphic issues.

on my toon and on other players toons i have little black dots/shadows .

will this get fixed?

I had this as well. it's an nvidia issue. revert to the previous driver. (7.a released around the same time as new nvidia drivers, I blamed SWTOR as well but it's the driver =P )'

Thank you sir!

Edited by timskijwalker

Didn't work - since the Threat is now on top of the last table, it apparently viewed me as a threat upon entering its boundary. I could get close with being pulled in, but trying to reach the relics set it off on me.

Give credit where it's due. This did work for me. Somehow my quest got reset back one set of relics and I thought the Ancient Threat was over the needed table. This change in my quest caused the rest of the issues. Using the Ancient Tome (lower southeast east corner of Outlaw's Den, on a set of crates outside the last settlement building) allowes you to finish this Alliance quest. Thanks Argonloris!