New Pack Opening Experience

EricMusco

• Dev Post

With the launch of Game Update 4.7 we are introducing a new feature which will enhance the pack opening experience for all packs. This improves the visual experience of opening packs while ensuring that the process remains a quick one. There are two components of this new feature, the Pack Viewer and the Item Stash. Read More...

-eric

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Will the contents of the DvL bound packs go into your legacy stash?

If so, is there anything being done retroactively?

To your first question, yes they will! To your second question, the answer is sort of. Any unopened DvL Packs which you have currently will open through the new pack opening after 4.7, allowing them to go into the Legacy Stash. This will have no effect on already opened packs or items which have been removed.

As a note, these changes will also effect any older packs which you may currently have, or that come back to the CM.

Thanks!

-eric

Why on earth was time & money even spent on this, when there are more pressing things that need developed?!

All that needed to be done with packs is make the timer BOL so you can transfer to toons among that legacy.

Not a whole new, UI that I'm sure will come with too many bugs to shake a stick at. *smh*

Nice improvement. Knew I should have waited to open all those bound event packs though. :(

Also I can't stand all the people here bashing Bioware for making changes that they don't personally think is important. I won't stand and defend this game or company's bad decisions (Of which I think there is many) for one moment. But why don't you stop trying to manage the developer's time since you don't work there or have the slightest idea what any one of them is doing.

Edited by ChadSkywalkur

Do you morons actually think there are only a handful of people developing this game? How do you know there isn't a team right now developing new Ops and WZs? Because we get news of Cartel changes first?
The lack of development would be the first clue...the second would be Bioware saying they can only work on one thing at a time during the London event.

Do you morons actually think there are only a handful of people developing this game? How do you know there isn't a team right now developing new Ops and WZs? Because we get news of Cartel changes first? You know what they say about assumptions. Give the devs some credit and wait to see what comes of Season 2. I think these new pack mechanics are a much-needed addition and give us all even more storage. Who doesn't want that?

Well, ppl are incredibly stupid & blind idiots:d_wink:

Devs even added a signature in the blog post: "-The Cartel Market Team" and ppl still complain about wasting development resourses...

The lack of development would be the first clue...the second would be Bioware saying they can only work on one thing at a time during the London event.

Lack of development? Where do you see that, hrmm? We know a second full season of expansion content is coming, a first taste of it within the next few months. The game now is VASTLY different from what it was merely a year ago now, with new WZs, 20+ hours of KOTFE to play through, and vast changes to leveling, grouping, crafting, and difficulty scaling to say nothing of the Eternal Championship and other dailies that have been added. And as for what Bioware said in London, you're taking heresay passed on second-hand by a player who can't even identify his source and chatted them up at a bar. Assuming that the conversation ever took place.

Devs even added a signature in the blog post: "-The Cartel Market Team" and ppl still complain about wasting development resourses...

This was not a typical Cartel Market pack created by a few graphic designers, for this they needed engineers and UI designers who usually don't work on CM stuff. If this was just a small feature, I'd agree with you, but this took a lot of work to develop.

Edited by Jerba

To be frank, I doubt the Cartel Market team has the resources to work on other parts of the game, which are developed by other teams. We all know this game's funding revolves around the cartel market. They're going to update and tinker with it. So cut the devs some slack. For the most part this was a change that's probably been in the works since 2.X or something.

I don't buy enough cartel packs for this to be entirely useful to me, but the item stash thing will be handy on the occasions in which I do.

~ Eudoxia

Lack of development? Where do you see that, hrmm?
If you don't see the lack of development, I can't help you. We've ALWAYS had story updates, but the lack of repeatable and group content is killing this game. Edited by TUXs

The pack opening experience is almost exactly like Overwatch. Which I enjoy the visual aspect of. The legacy bank is pretty amazing. Especially since same items stack. When I was reading I was waiting for it to say they do NOT stack. Very happily surprised by this.

I understand that you cannot retroactively go back to open DvL bound packs. However, why are people punished for being the first and supporting your event, doing your content, and money (subscription) in your game?

I will get some flak for this but I honestly think you should reimburse opened bound DvL packs to those that already opened them. Yes, yes, those people will get more stuff. However, most of the stuff was "useless". Lightsabers for non force users, blasters for force users, force looking armor for non for users, non force looking armor for force users. Yes, yes you can spend actual REAL money to unlock SOME of it in account wide collections. Not if you just got supplemental pack of an armor set, or lower, or just upper.

This hurt the community greatly. Hundreds of posts about it. I am lucky and have not opened my packs yet. In fact I haven't even opened the initial box you get when you complete a tier. Why? Because I read the forums on the first day on how the stuff was bound and mix match of crap. Really, like you couldn't just have full sets of armor and not the trifecta of upper, lower, and supp?

So, I decided to wait. Great for me. Not great for all you "losers" that had to do the event, get the rewards, and open them, "early".

Credit these people the packs. Who cares that they got the junk that will not work on their characters. So, in the end they might get a little bit of bonus gear from the event, though it determines how you look at it. A bound light saber on an agent that I have to pay 400 cc to unlock for my light saber user is not getting extra gear with the credit of the new legacy packs. yes, yes some of you will claim that it is. However, spending real money on this event because of the rewards have a system limitation and how it was implemented was not very thought through, people should not have to pay $4 PER item to unlock for useless gear to become useful.

And I do not care about forum warriors with their endless cc from spamming their referral links by posting every day 10 times a day. Or that we get "free" 500 cc a month for a sub and that only allows ONE unlock per month.

You need to do this Bioware. You need to step up. You need to bite the bullet, accept your mistake and lack of forethought and fix this.

You all that "need" to respond against this go for it. I will just ignore you. Your "opinion" will just be wasted and go onto deaf ears. We all have to put up enough with the Devs and their communication or lack there of, and how this game is managed to have to put up with you on the forums.

And people also tend to believe everything they're told, despite the obvious.

And people also tend to believe everything they're told, despite the obvious.

jame ohlen even said Swtor has the biggest team in bioware a few month ago. Even Bigger than mass effect. The UI designers who work on this do not work on op or warzone.

Edited by commanderwar