Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds, best pvp class found

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds, best pvp class found

gundamemo
12.29.2011 , 12:33 PM | #1
Operative/Scoundrel is your best pvp class right now. Forget sith sorcerer or trooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8o_WmpyyI

You can watch the whole clip of you can skip to 8:03-8:10 where he killed some poor guy WITHIN A STUN...

I had especially good time last night trying to do my daily on my 47 HEAVY ARMOUR bounty hunter (powertech) repeatedly for a period of 4 hours, facing a non too competent 50 scoundrel that repeatedly kills me (I admit it) and everyone else while suffering ZERO death.

I mean at least this guy in youtube put himself out there, but what can you do when some one camp your spawn point and killing you within 7 seconds IN A STUN.

Sure, I can trinket the stun and run away with 50% hp by putting my stun on him... but he'll just follow me after in stealth to repeat the same thing again.

Its one thing to have high burst dmg, its quite another to do it on people when they are STUNNED.

So new comer, roll an operative/scoundrel. It require no skills to win.

Munx
12.29.2011 , 12:36 PM | #2
Yep starting to see these surface, its especially frustrating when you are playing melee dps class, to get so absurdly easily out dpsed by ops/scoundrels.

Its noticeable at low/mid lvls, but once they hit 50 its absolutely absurd. Have gone from 16k hp in nearly full pvp gear, to dead within a single stun..
Dark Knight of the forums.

Kyris_Xiandrii
12.29.2011 , 12:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by gundamemo View Post
Operative/Scoundrel is your best pvp class right now. Forget sith sorcerer or trooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8o_WmpyyI

You can watch the whole clip of you can skip to 8:03-8:10 where he killed some poor guy WITHIN A STUN...

I had especially good time last night trying to do my daily on my 47 HEAVY ARMOUR bounty hunter (powertech) repeatedly for a period of 4 hours, facing a non too competent 50 scoundrel that repeatedly kills me (I admit it) and everyone else while suffering ZERO death.

I mean at least this guy in youtube put himself out there, but what can you do when some one camp your spawn point and killing you within 7 seconds IN A STUN.

Sure, I can trinket the stun and run away with 50% hp by putting my stun on him... but he'll just follow me after in stealth to repeat the same thing again.

Its one thing to have high burst dmg, its quite another to do it on people when they are STUNNED.

So new comer, roll an operative/scoundrel. It require no skills to win.
heh, you obviously havn't fought against an imperial sniper we can do that in 5 seconds
Kyris // Lethality Sniper // Kellian Jarro [PVE] // My Sniper Video

DrekorSilverfang
12.29.2011 , 12:39 PM | #4
Burst class does burst damage.

More news at 11 including snipers shoot stuff with guns.

Powerr
12.29.2011 , 12:40 PM | #5
You havn't watched Envii from my guild play.
6.5k(no gcd)
3k(1 gcd)
1.5k(2 gcd)

Nothing can stop Power!
<Matchless>

Follow my LiveStream

Outbreakz
12.29.2011 , 12:41 PM | #6
Sorry to break it to you but 10k in 7 seconds is not a lot, my 50 Shadow can do this in 3 seconds, have a nice day.

Muldias
12.29.2011 , 12:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DrekorSilverfang View Post

rofl.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who can read binary, and those who can't.

asciiadam
12.29.2011 , 12:42 PM | #8
Nothing is balanced 1v1. Get over it. Yes, I play one. Yes, I am only level 40. Yes, it is insane damage, to one person. If there are two people we die, and fast.

A warrior can tank two people, we can't. Should we call for nerfs? The scoundrel is a burst melee class with no charge, force run, or closer of any kind except for stealth.

We are a glass cannon. There is one in every game.

Rainsfords
12.29.2011 , 12:43 PM | #9
It's the gear. My 46 Operative can do some pretty big burst, but I can't hit those numbers on a 50. What you're seeing is people with pvp gear using a burst class to roflstomp people who are undergeared/not 50. Once you blow hidden strike, backstab and shiv you're basically jumping around in circles. If the opponent survives and shields/pots, you pretty much need to battle stealth and come back in 2 minutes. Besides, Operative/Scoundrel has zero support and almost non-existent survivability if they get caught in the open, so it makes sense that they can kill faster than any other class.

Zetara
12.29.2011 , 12:43 PM | #10

That's going in my sig.

Apophis - Mercenary - Nightmare Lands.