Depths of Manaan is Bugged

Vhaegrant

I can confirm fire is pretty much the reason its not counting.

1 try - PT, solo, no combat droid, Mako set to heal. Killed him inside the circle, no achieve.

2 try - Commando, tactical group, killed him outside the circle but while he was burning - no achieve.

3 try - PT, solo, no combat droid, Mako set to heal. Took him to 2 fires, completely ignored 3 fire, just stood in one place and dpsed him while adds tried to kill Mako. Achieve awarded as soon as boss is dead.

So here's your walkaround for Champion - just run solo, dont use more then 2 fires (depends on your dps I guess, i am not the most skilled dps out there).

Don't know anything about HM, but if its the same there, will have to warn your group before pulling him.

DID everything you said up there before you posted this. Several times with a gunslinger, solo. Doesnt work. The bug has nothing to do with fire. Something else is underlying. Good for everyone who thinks thats what it is, and might get lucky but that just isnt the case. So awesome we cant get a swtor official to comment on this. I spoke with them on the phone. they are aware, but wouldnt tell me anything else. Typical

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DID everything you said up there before you posted this. Several times with a gunslinger, solo. Doesnt work. The bug has nothing to do with fire. Something else is underlying. Good for everyone who thinks thats what it is, and might get lucky but that just isnt the case. So awesome we cant get a swtor official to comment on this. I spoke with them on the phone. they are aware, but wouldnt tell me anything else. Typical

Did you make sure not to use any DoTs? I know gunslingers don't have many but it may be worth a shot.

Would like to see an official statement as this is a progress blocker for those that can't get it unlocked.

It's a shame there's no way of double checking but once you've unlocked it it's done.

It may just be a case of 5% chance of failing to register and you are in the hands of the RNGeni ! it's human nature to try and link cause and effect ;)

However, I really think this needs to be fixed and if the underlying issue can not be sorted in a suitable timeframe the Flashpoint should be removed from the achievement list.

Edited by Vhaegrant

However, I really think this needs to be fixed and if the underlying issue can not be sorted in a suitable timeframe the Flashpoint should be removed from the achievement list.

I am mentally and emotionally preparing for the *****torm that will go down if this doesn't get fixed in time, because I'm pretty sure the achievement won't be removed. (Or when BW considers 1 week before end of event "in time".) :rolleyes:

For now I'm taking this off my GF queue. No point in wasting time on it.

But, did you use any Dots? Theory is that Dots after the first hit are not player hits....

Dunno, wish they would just fix the dammed thing.

Nope. This wasn't the first time it happened, so I looked up the issue and made sure I got everything off the "checklist" (except dismissing the Jesus Droid, but he was busy with the adds at the time, so he wasn't the issue). I took DoM off the GF, not even going to bother with it until it's fixed.

Edited by Anthropophagus

I can confirm fire is pretty much the reason its not counting.

1 try - PT, solo, no combat droid, Mako set to heal. Killed him inside the circle, no achieve.

2 try - Commando, tactical group, killed him outside the circle but while he was burning - no achieve.

3 try - PT, solo, no combat droid, Mako set to heal. Took him to 2 fires, completely ignored 3 fire, just stood in one place and dpsed him while adds tried to kill Mako. Achieve awarded as soon as boss is dead.

So here's your walkaround for Champion - just run solo, dont use more then 2 fires (depends on your dps I guess, i am not the most skilled dps out there).

Don't know anything about HM, but if its the same there, will have to warn your group before pulling him.

This kind of works. I was having the same problem with the FP. I dragged the final boss under 2 fires and then killed him in the middle without using the 3rd one.

So what I'm thinking is that, you need to kill him with your own weapons instead of the flames that erupt from the pipes.

So when are we actually going to receive communication about this given its blocking progress in their much vaunted event? I've done it twice and it hasn't updated the achievement. How hard can it be to work out why the achievement isn't being updated on FP completion like every other FP. Edited by Morrolan

I just did Depths of Mannaan for the third time, Solo mode I did wipe in the last fight and continued without resetting Miracle of miracles it counted on my D/L achievement list. I don't know why but I am happy it did.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I can confirm that there is an issue with Depths of Manaan granting credit for the Dark vs. Light Achievement. As some of you in the thread have guessed, the issue is caused by the environmental fire killing the boss instead of your character. If that happens, the Achievement will not properly track that you have completed the Flashpoint.

The way to get around this is to ensure that your character doing damage is what kills the final boss. As long as this happens you will get credit for the Achievement.

Thanks everyone. I will pass on any updates as I have them.

-eric

Hey folks,

I can confirm that there is an issue with Depths of Manaan granting credit for the Dark vs. Light Achievement. As some of you in the thread have guessed, the issue is caused by the environmental fire killing the boss instead of your character. If that happens, the Achievement will not properly track that you have completed the Flashpoint.

The way to get around this is to ensure that your character doing damage is what kills the final boss. As long as this happens you will get credit for the Achievement.

-eric

Thanks for the response Eric :)

I've managed to get through now but I know others are still working through it and I would imagine there are some that haven't checked their achievements yet :o

So how does this work for groups then Eric? People are reporting only one player getting credit...if that even. Is this being investigated as well?

The achievement is for completing the flashpoint not for killing the last boss so why isn't the achievement keyed to that? Seems like an easy fix for the team instead of having to figure out a workaround. This whole event is regurgitated content and it makes it worse when you have to waste your game time redoing flashpoint because of bugs.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for letting us know, but some players are confused because four objectives are missing from the Legendary achievement, including the HM FP objective. So right now, you don't even need to complete Manaan HM to get the Legendary level. Would be great to get a clarification on whether this will be fixed before Chapter 16 launches.

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post
So how does this work for groups then Eric? People are reporting only one player getting credit...if that even. Is this being investigated as well?

Yeah we are looking into these reports as well. We suspect it is tied to the same issue. I will continue to pass on any updates that I receive.

Thanks!

-eric

***This is also a problem with Kaon! I ran this with my wife yesterday, and she was unable to get credit. We have to run it over again.***

Naturally, we don't have the fire problem to contend with, but there is certainly a problem with obtaining credit with this flashpoint. She keeps being told to talk to the droid outside of the instance entrance, but he just keeps sending her back through it.

Edited by Amodin

Yeah we are looking into these reports as well. We suspect it is tied to the same issue. I will continue to pass on any updates that I receive.

Thanks!

-eric

Why not key the completion of the FP with the cutscene at the end that way an entire group gets credit, not just whoever struck the killing blow?

Thanks!

-eric

Eric,

TL;DR: please please please make this fix (if it happens) retroactive. It's ludicrous to expect we should all just run Depths of Manaan HM over and over hoping for the achievement pop. This isn't Black Talon.

Just completed this HM fp for the first time in order to get the DvL achievement. I'm sure you know this is one of the most difficult HM fps and it's not easy to find a pug that can complete it without rage-quitting at Ortuno, and add the difficulty of pugging HM fps in the first place due to lack of tanks/heals. Pugged into it tonight for the first time, and two of the four of us had done it before and did not get credit for the achievement in their previous runs. They (I now must say stupidly (but not on their part)) held out hope maybe this time would be different. We'd all heard of the "must kill outside of fire" nonsense, though that DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK!! I've killed it solo in fire and outside of fire. I killed it in fire for the tactical flashpoint achievement for the DvL event and GOT THE ACHIEVEMENT, though many people have done the same and not gotten it.

This pug I'm in tonight, we're lucky enough to get through Ortuno after a few wipes. That's fine. I can sense we're already going to do well thanks to that. We get to the final boss and don't wipe but we miss the timer twice by about ten seconds. We finally kill him the third time! It's done! We surface after the conversation and sure enough...NO ACHIEVEMENT, NO DvL EVENT ACHIEVEMENT. BUT IT TRIGGERED FOR THE CONQUEST OBJECTIVE!!!! How is it possible for the game to register in one way but not in two others, and how is it possible for so many people to kill it in fire and get it, and not kill it in fire and get it, and kill it in fire and NOT get it, and kill it outside of fire and NOT get it???

Look, I forgive a lot in this game, and I play it almost every day and have since launch. I shouldn't have been excited for the DvL event but after hitting a couple achievements I got hooked and became determined to see it through. The three things I worried about the most were crafting, the ops, and HM fps. Everything else was/is very doable. I don't dread ops and HM fps because of their difficulty per se, I dread trying to find a group (number 1, and sometimes impossible on pub side) that will also be able to finish it and not rage quit at the first sign of adversity (number 2), AND NOW, there's the dread that I will waste another evening waiting for a pug to form, go through one of the hardest fps in the game THAT I JUST ALREADY COMPLETED and have it not trigger again.

It might be easier for others to get into groups; I could certainly be more proactive and instead of hoping for GF to pop, spam fleet chat instead to get a group; but what is the point, no matter what I do and what anyone else does, if the achievement won't trigger?

All I ask, and I think all anyone would want more than anything, is this flashpoint gets retroactively counted for those that have done it within the DvL parameters.

Hi people , i'm very sure no one want to hear this , but i ran Manaan HM yesterday as healer and it worked for me at the very first since since dvl started. Credit for completing was given !

Did you make sure not to use any DoTs? I know gunslingers don't have many but it may be worth a shot.

Would like to see an official statement as this is a progress blocker for those that can't get it unlocked.

It's a shame there's no way of double checking but once you've unlocked it it's done.

It may just be a case of 5% chance of failing to register and you are in the hands of the RNGeni ! it's human nature to try and link cause and effect ;)

Yes and I screenprinted the kill outside fire with me delivering the killing shot. It doesn't work solo mode even outside fire. I suspect tactical 4 man might. HM this workaround was successful for me.

Edited by PlagaNerezza

Eric,

TL;DR: please please please make this fix (if it happens) retroactive. It's ludicrous to expect we should all just run Depths of Manaan HM over and over hoping for the achievement pop. This isn't Black Talon.

Just completed this HM fp for the first time in order to get the DvL achievement. I'm sure you know this is one of the most difficult HM fps and it's not easy to find a pug that can complete it without rage-quitting at Ortuno, and add the difficulty of pugging HM fps in the first place due to lack of tanks/heals. Pugged into it tonight for the first time, and two of the four of us had done it before and did not get credit for the achievement in their previous runs. They (I now must say stupidly (but not on their part)) held out hope maybe this time would be different. We'd all heard of the "must kill outside of fire" nonsense, though that DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK!! I've killed it solo in fire and outside of fire. I killed it in fire for the tactical flashpoint achievement for the DvL event and GOT THE ACHIEVEMENT, though many people have done the same and not gotten it.

This pug I'm in tonight, we're lucky enough to get through Ortuno after a few wipes. That's fine. I can sense we're already going to do well thanks to that. We get to the final boss and don't wipe but we miss the timer twice by about ten seconds. We finally kill him the third time! It's done! We surface after the conversation and sure enough...NO ACHIEVEMENT, NO DvL EVENT ACHIEVEMENT. BUT IT TRIGGERED FOR THE CONQUEST OBJECTIVE!!!! How is it possible for the game to register in one way but not in two others, and how is it possible for so many people to kill it in fire and get it, and not kill it in fire and get it, and kill it in fire and NOT get it, and kill it outside of fire and NOT get it???

Look, I forgive a lot in this game, and I play it almost every day and have since launch. I shouldn't have been excited for the DvL event but after hitting a couple achievements I got hooked and became determined to see it through. The three things I worried about the most were crafting, the ops, and HM fps. Everything else was/is very doable. I don't dread ops and HM fps because of their difficulty per se, I dread trying to find a group (number 1, and sometimes impossible on pub side) that will also be able to finish it and not rage quit at the first sign of adversity (number 2), AND NOW, there's the dread that I will waste another evening waiting for a pug to form, go through one of the hardest fps in the game THAT I JUST ALREADY COMPLETED and have it not trigger again.

It might be easier for others to get into groups; I could certainly be more proactive and instead of hoping for GF to pop, spam fleet chat instead to get a group; but what is the point, no matter what I do and what anyone else does, if the achievement won't trigger?

All I ask, and I think all anyone would want more than anything, is this flashpoint gets retroactively counted for those that have done it within the DvL parameters.

Off topic a bit, but Depth isn't that bad. Battle of Rishi is a nightmare. I pugged it last night and the mechanics are healer unfriendly to say the least. If I could recommend 1 thing it would be to get rid of the multiple aoe drops. It creates a hectic amount of area for the healer to avoid/heal and the thing pretty much 1 shot roots you if you screw up and will wipe the run. No mechanic in a HM should be fail/kill. That is my experience with your HM's is that they generally allow mistakes. Rishi if your tank or healer mess up during 1 of the phases your group will wipe.

Now I don't mind, but a lot of casuals will rage at 1 wipe. The other point is that *** are level 50's doing in HM flashpoints? Since we are dealing with "bugs" today can you please set HM flashpoints to require lvl 65 or give us the option? I know we can "see" the level, but you have a lot of predetermined failures going on because you are letting people attempt it in a mode that is a sure fail.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for the response Eric, but I have to say that adding a mechanic into the fight (and making it timed as well) but having that mechanic be the reason why you can't get credit is abit messed up. Either way thanks for acknowledging us...

What about missing no name npcs on planets, cantina on Odessen, story Kotfe, everywhere? Three thread in this forum about it and still zero answer from Bioware. I will not reinstall game to see it will be still not fixed. Edited by Trlance

• Dev Post
Thanks for letting us know, but some players are confused because four objectives are missing from the Legendary achievement, including the HM FP objective. So right now, you don't even need to complete Manaan HM to get the Legendary level. Would be great to get a clarification on whether this will be fixed before Chapter 16 launches.

The HM Flashpoint Achievement missing from the Legendary Achievement will be fixed with 4.7.

We are still working through the other three and are planning to address them likely in 4.7.1. We are working through how this will impact anyone who has completed tier 6 at that point. We don't want to cause a negative effect on anyone's progress with any changes that we make.

I will pass on updates as I have them!

-eric

The HM Flashpoint Achievement missing from the Legendary Achievement will be fixed with 4.7.

We are still working through the other three and are planning to address them likely in 4.7.1. We are working through how this will impact anyone who has completed tier 6 at that point. We don't want to cause a negative effect on anyone's progress with any changes that we make.

I will pass on updates as I have them!

-eric

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear you are aware of the issue and will try to avoid any negative effect. :)