Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chapter XVI Release Date Change: Moving from July 28 to August 11

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Chapter XVI Release Date Change: Moving from July 28 to August 11
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BenIrving
07.13.2016 , 12:39 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

During our last Producer Livestream we announced that Chapter XVI: The Battle of Odessen would go live on July 28th (early access on the 26th); as of today we have decided to move the release to August 11th (early access on the 9th). This Chapter reveals the climactic ending to the Fallen Empire story and we want to make sure it delivers the emotional impact that the story deserves. We are going to take this time to push it further in an effort to bring the Knights of the Fallen Empire’s final Chapter to a fitting ending – one that, in the tradition of all great Star Wars stories, leaves you wanting more! Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback post release.

Although we are moving the date, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that you will not have any access issues when the time comes:
  • Players who qualified in July for the Sub Reward will still receive the July Subscriber reward on July 26th.
  • Players who qualified for early access by being a Sub on July 1 will still have early access to the Chapter on August 9th.
  • Players subscribed as of July 28th, will be granted access to Chapter XVI when it goes live on August 11th.

We are looking forward to sharing Chapter XVI with you and give you the chance to face your destiny as the Outlander - Thank you for your continued support!

Ben

Edit: Changed a typo concerning the launch date in Ben's 3rd bullet (-eric)
Ben Irving | Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
07.13.2016 , 12:50 PM | #2
Why am I not surprised by yet another delay on something?
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Savej
07.13.2016 , 12:50 PM | #3
It's worth noting that this is the only chapter that has been "late" so far so congrats on that.

IanArgent
07.13.2016 , 12:55 PM | #4
Rather see a delay than bugs.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

gabigool
07.13.2016 , 12:55 PM | #5
No worries, thanks.

Please do not push back the timetable for telling us whether upcoming "group content" is an actual Operation or not.
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
The harder part to address, because you have to take my word for it, are all the features and content we are working on that we haven’t yet announced.... ...and we have started the early design phase for new, non-chapter, content.... ...we have some REALLY cool stuff to talk about later this year and the whole SWTOR team can’t wait to announce it.

unibim
07.13.2016 , 12:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
an effort to bring the Knights of the Fallen Empire’s final Chapter to a fitting ending
Pls no colours.
---

Wait a second, we wont get a patch on 26th then?
Nor Guss recruitment?
Gravestone Self-Destruct button
Press in case of emergency need of referral link.

WTB [A Way To Change Forum Display Name]

TUXs
07.13.2016 , 12:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
It's worth noting that this is the only chapter that has been "late" so far so congrats on that.
Very true. Although both EC and Guss had/have been delayed as well, I still think it's impressive that the "bulk" of the chapters were released on time. Kudos to them! Last year when I heard their plan, I expected them to fall behind after 1 chapter, not because I doubt their skills, it's just that any number of things can happen that would cause a delay...I'm pleased (and shocked) that this is the 1st.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

myrdinn
07.13.2016 , 12:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
Rather see a delay than bugs.
This.
Smooth off ze bugs.

AndoEyrune
07.13.2016 , 01:01 PM | #9
Awesome, looks like i need to wait a month for my 30 DvL packs for the champion+eternal levels.
Vendrine <LØS>

"I'm Done"
-Kytera 2016 (RIP)

Eres
07.13.2016 , 01:05 PM | #10
So I guess bonus chapter will be at September, not August, so everyone have to subscribe for one additional month and there won't be any content till late October))
_______
By using Referal link you'l gain ingame special rewards and appreciation of a person sharing it.
Real thanks, if you'll choose mine http://www.swtor.com/r/PXTYnB