Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

June Producer Livestream Wrap-up (6/30)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
June Producer Livestream Wrap-up (6/30)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.30.2016 , 04:04 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

We covered a lot in this livestream, here is the wrap-up if you weren't able to tune in!

State of the Galaxy
  • Cartel Market Update - You can read all about the changes that were made in the GEMINI Pack, here.
  • Guss Tuno Recruitment - It is our goal to deliver this with Chapter XVI but we are still working through the issue.
  • Heroic Missions - They were rewarding a lot of credits, it was definitely having an impact. Still, we realize that with this being missed in the patch notes and the overall timing of the change, we are going to be reverting the rewards back to their pre-4.6 values.
  • Companions - Without being spoilery, we have received feedback regarding the impact of Companions leaving via story and the time/money that has been put into them. We are looking at how to solve this issue in the future.
  • Group Content - We have stated before that right now, there is no new group content coming in the short term roadmap. However, we do want to let you know that the team is working on group content as we speak. It is our plan to reveal more details later this year. Just to set some expectations, this isn't confirming any specific type of content (Ops, Wzs, FPs), but group content is in the works.
  • Dark vs Light Event - Head down to the event section down below for details.

Chapter XV: The GEMINI Deception
  • Now available to all subscribers!
  • Lead a daring assault on one of Arcann’s warships in a bid to seize control of the entire Eternal Fleet!
  • Uncover more of the secrets behind SCORPIO and the GEMINI droids.

Featured Community Contributors
  • Unholy Alliance - Revenge of the Musco's Charity Event
  • SWTOR-Crafter
  • NewOverlords DvL Event Tracker

STAR WARS: Celebration
  • We will be on the show floor all three days at the EA Star Wars booth
  • EA Star Wars Panel - Saturday, July 16th from 7-8PM GMT
  • London Cantina - Saturday July 16th from 8-11PM at the Fox ExCel

Dark Vs Light Event
  • Event Goals/Rewards - We have worked hard in the past year to try to offer rewards to veteran players and subscribers such as Legendary Status, monthly sub rewards, etc. This event is meant to be something different from that. As we are heading into our 5-year anniversary we really wanted to celebrate and offer new rewards to players for simply creating a new character and playing through the game. That is the overall focus of this event. We have no plans at this time to make rewards retroactive.
  • Character slots - We know one of the issues that was raised are players who are at the current character slot maximum. With our maintenance next week we will be increasing the server maximum by 10.
  • Dark Vs Light Pack bind rules - The reason we chose to go with BoP over BoL for these items is Collections. Currently, BoL items do not work towards a Collection unlock. If we had the items be BoL then you could not have combined the event packs with any other items to complete a Collection set. We agree this is not optimal and we are working on ways to solve this moving forward.

Chapter XVI: The Battle of Odessen
  • Early Access on July 26th
  • Face Arcann in deadly combat as he launches an all-out assault against the Alliance base on Odessen!

Thanks everyone for tuning in. Feel free to ask any questions you may have in this thread.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Warrgames
06.30.2016 , 04:06 PM | #2
What a joke of stream; Guss. What the point in asking question you only ignore them?
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

Jerba
06.30.2016 , 04:06 PM | #3
Thanks for the stream! Unlike the vocal players, I enjoyed it a lot.

The Dark vs. Light event breathed new life into my raiding guild. It has been slow during the past few months because there was only story "content" (1 day per month), but this week we've had 20+ players creating alts for the event. It may be grindy but we are progression players after all, and we don't mind the requirements. (except maybe the 8 toons and 6 crafting skills, that's a tad excessive)

I'm disappointed that you are caving into the players and reverse the heroics nerf. There are way too many credits in the wild and GTN prices are at an all time high. I think you are forgetting that the economy depends not just on the credit drop rates but also on player activity. If you put popular items in a pack with a high rarity (crossguard saber, weapon tuning), then players who want those items will run dailies until they have enough credits to afford them. Those players flood the game with credits and drive GTN prices up even further; a vicious circle.
I hope you have an alternate solution planned once credits from heroics go back up, because this situation is far from fixed. Inflation may be good for the Cartel Market but it's bad for the long-term health of the game. You may just need to adjust the MTX rarities; if the supply of the most popular items is higher, prices go down and players will farm fewer credits.

Hope to get an ETA on Guss Tuno soon, I really want my favorite companion back. Make it happen for Chapter 16!

BenKatarn
06.30.2016 , 04:07 PM | #4
These new companions from the Dark vs. Light event, will they have a recruitment mission or will we just get them via a token unlock, like Treek or Nico? Do they have companion conversations, or are they even romanceable? Will their presence be in any way acknowledged in KOTFE later on?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

Aulus_Claudius
06.30.2016 , 04:12 PM | #5
Some small part of me had held out hope that this joke of an 'event' would be cancelled, even though I knew EAWare would never listen to their player base.

It was a mistake to continue subscribing to this game after EA took it over, and that's a mistake I'm correcting now.

RussianDantex
06.30.2016 , 04:13 PM | #6
Got three questions not answered on the stream.

1) Will the Grand Acquisition Race Chevin World Event ever return once again in the future? It was so awesome with all its rewards. Any update?
2) That was confirmed - Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event is returning soon. Any changes in rewarded items? Last summer most of the players got everything they wanted.
3) When does PvP season 7 end? May be you can tell the month at least.

Thanks!

Juliani
06.30.2016 , 04:13 PM | #7
The Light vs Dark event seems very fun, especially for those of us who like to see the story.

As stated by many, most veteran players don't have 8 free character slots.
With the current discount of 25%, it costs 3600 Cartel Coins to buy 8 new slots. That's about 6 months of subscriber CC rewards. Most players don't have the coins to pay for it, and GTN is not an option on most servers.

Can we get some free character slots?
Or at least a better discount that allows us to buy all the slots before the end on the event with the Cartel Coins from the subscription?

I would very much like to enjoy the story again and keep the new characters. Actually playing the stories is much more fun than smashing spacebar to get to 50 in a few hours and then deleting your toon.

Thanks for the answear.
Active player since game launch and #BuildYourAlliance top-10 runner up!

Vhaegrant
06.30.2016 , 04:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aulus_Claudius View Post
Some small part of me had held out hope that this joke of an 'event' would be cancelled, even though I knew EAWare would never listen to their player base.

It was a mistake to continue subscribing to this game after EA took it over, and that's a mistake I'm correcting now.
Why?
Been playing a new character and the starting worlds are pretty busy and a lot of players are diving back into flashpoints. Event seems to be doing what it was intended to do.

And by playerbase I take it you mean the folk sat on a forum whining and filling the place with negativity or those ingame having fun and a bit of a laugh.

nabcobra
06.30.2016 , 04:16 PM | #9
In regards to server character slots.

When you increase them by 10, will I be able to log on immediately and create 10 new toons (considering I'm all ready at 40) or will I still have to buy Server Character Slots from the Cartel Market or the GTN?

Sarova
06.30.2016 , 04:16 PM | #10
Can you tell us now if any romanced companions are likely to be lost through the story (and not by any choice we can make) in the future? I'd like to know now so I can rage quit prior to the next season of knights
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats™ ♥
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link