Game feels dead

IAmYourGod

High level planets have max 6 players, no one is doing world pvp in Illum. People don't talk in chat, and i takes around 3 hours to find a group to flashpoints. What is this, a single player game that i need to pay monthly fee for? No thanks.

Now that i'm 50 and i've finished the story i guess... that was it.

/facepalm

no other response is needed.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last time i checked the game is 8 days old "officially" (launch was dec 20th). LMFAO all i gotta say is pathetic yet hilarious at the same time when you get these people that rush through the game and get at max lvl and QQ because there is nothing to do, i could care less if you complain, your the one that rushed through the game and not enjoy it. Sucks to be you.

I don't see many people in the leveling zones either... I'm wondering if it's related to instancing or something.

I see an average of 3-4 people doing any mission I go to at any given time during peak hours on Giradda the Hutt (there is a queue for it though). I'm in the mid-twenties (Taris and Nar Shadda).

It's possible your server is lower population, you play during off hours for your server timezone, or you're not in the "main bulk levels", but I can't say I've had that problem with instancing.

High level planets have max 6 players, no one is doing world pvp in Illum. People don't talk in chat, and i takes around 3 hours to find a group to flashpoints. What is this, a single player game that i need to pay monthly fee for? No thanks.

What server are you on? Can I have your stuff?

You rushed through the content (spacebared through most). Inhabited larges areas of the game where no one else was and are now complaining that you can't find groups and the game seems dead?

I hear there are clues on sale at Wal-Mart and they're runing and after Christmas sale. :)

Edited by Daeborn

And to think I got jumped by a jedi yesterday, helped dozens of people out randomly that I passed by, joined some random people for a heroic 4 or two, then later while questing came back to the city and watched a dozen people duel while people buzzed pass us constantly. I wasn't even looking for people but they were all around me.

But I'm on Taris. /shrug

are you a republican? The empire outnumber the republic on every server sometimes with ratios of up to 5:1, that could be your problem. Even full servers could feel empty on the republic side. Of course if you go empire the only pvp you will ever see is huttball.

I love how all the powerlevellers are lonely at the top.

We TOLD you to take your time.

Did you listen? Nope.

Now you have to either reroll or wait.

I agree, I have many toons in their late 20s.

But I am playing so much more than my fellow guildies.

I was in Beta since Sept, and I also had 2 weeks off around early release and launch.

So I have quite an advantage over my friends and fellow players who are getting their feet wet.

I have seen many start over 3 times because the class they chose didn't fit their play-style like they thought it would.

So to slow myself down I have been making different toons and doing crafting.

I just started a Smuggler last night, and now I am at the level of fellow guildies and have been grouping with them.

I now have tons of toons and options to choose from when the need arises.

The overwhelming majority of players are in the sub level 30 range of the game at this point, taking their time.

Rushing to level 50 comes with a price, and that is that it's pretty lonely at the top for a while.

In case you have not noticed, I was answering a specific OP by a specific person. If you feel attacked (like you obviosly did), then that is your own problem :)

I did not say everyone powering to 50 is like the OP because there are lvl 50s who are not coming on the boards complaining about what OP is complaining but instead making good arguments for making sure they will not neglect the end game in the days to come.

Not to mention, I am a powergamer myself, or at least used to be. Since I was not really interested in SWTOR I, for once, did not play betas and all that comes with being hyped up for an MMO. Been there done that and thus I know what I am talking about, because I fell into the exact same trap with other games.

Trust me I'm not feeling attacked, I'm simply trying to spark a deeper discussion by playing devil's advocate. The only thing I've disliked more than the "I'm level 50, now what?" threads are the same empty responses people seem to blanket over them.

No arguing here but that was not my point. Again, there are many players who played fast but they are not complaining as far as I can see or complain about other issues. Not lack of population.

Fair enough, just trying to make a statement that fast and slow are entirely relative terms.

I know this is going to be a statement you can believe, or not: I worked in mmo development for quite a few years and no offense but the betas before release are a) stress tests and b) marketing tool to generate hype. While an MMO is a constant work in progress, close to release there are no huge changes that haven't been planned way before. Even if people think they gave valuable input, 99% of the time that input has been known and worked on way before the public or invited beta testers gave feedback.

Development works with a alpha testers way before it is even known, and most of the time (specially for western development) "beta" testers get invited way late and there are maybe a few small bugs that can be fixed this way, specially if you have tens of thousands testers swarming your servers. Again, if you compare the amount of people who are actually "testing" and submitting bugs (or think of the ones getting into betas for the sole purpose of finding exploits..) then you see why I say the betas close to release are mostly a marketing tool.

Again, I am comming from an mmo development and community background and I started to get involved in communities and GMing back in the days of Everquest and never stopped until now. Maybe that gives you a little insight of how well I do know MMO communities :)

I've had work in other software development, but I'll admit most of my knowledge of the mmo style is information I've taken from friends/friends of friends. That said, I still stand by the statement that betas are largely for testing - you want to simulate real world implementation as best you can and beta testing is the best way to do it. Marketing would be, if anything, a positive side-effect. Again, this opinion isn't based on personal experience so I will yield on this point.

completely lost as to how "sadistic' would fit in any of my text

You stated you take joy in people being unhappy.

I am not sure how the first and the second part fit together, I do agree on the second part though. Part of the issue is that the leveling process in general might be too fast.

As to the first part, I will never understand why people choose to play an MMO yet are not interested in interacting with other players. That's just me though..I guess..

The first thing I said was just a comment about the paragraph. You were making comments on how things were back in the day. The way things were in the past shouldn't necessarily reflect how things are in the present/future. The times have changed and the way things used to me just might not suffice anymore.

I'll agree with you on parts of it though. I think interaction is a huge part of an MMO. However the best answer might not be forcing people together due to a poorly constructed system.

You accuse me of making assumptions about others while you are making assumptions about me and the rest of the community as well. For once, where did I say I do not like how games changed? My whole post was that people complain about issues they cause themselves. Also, if I would be lashing out at someone or something, believe me, you would notice ;)

I'll apologize on that front, I was trying my best to make sure I added things like "probably" and "likely" because I don't actually know what you are thinking. It was largely speculation on my part about the larger group and not necessarily solely directed at you.

There is nothing wrong with expecting more at lvl 50 but again, I have been around long enough to know that this is never the case simply due to how MMO development works. Also, I would think that from all the information out there people should not be so surprised. But then, I know not to be hyped up too much about any newly released game, little expectation leads to less frustration. However, I am not using this as an argument. I am aware that I cannot expect everyone to act like that :)

I agree that for the most part people shouldn't be shocked by the outcome. So far it's been pretty standard in terms end-game content when compared to past MMO launches. There still remains a bit to be desired mainly because no one is really even sure what's currently in the works. The prospect of sitting around for months with no end in sight terrifies some people, regardless of whether or not their fears are justified.

Again, you are accusing me of having said or implied things I did not even talk about.

Where did I say I do not like where things are going? Do you know if I enjoy the game or not? Or to what extend?

Again I'll apologize for that, must have missed it this morning. But keep in mind you did a little of the same thing! :)

And I kind of thought that the whole point of my post was that there is a new kind of person playing the game, yet there is not only a new and an old kind..there are tons of different shades in between and I was talking about the kind that likes to level fast and then comes to the forums and declares the game dead because there is not enough content or not enough lvl 50s to play with.

My point is that it seems this "new" style of player has outnumbered the "old." From a fiscal perspective, it makes more sense to cater to the new and completely forget about the old rather than risk hurting the majority.

My other point is that there are people at 50 now who didn't race to the end. We're hitting that point where more and more people are starting to hit 50, and it's not just the people who played the game 24 hours a day, spacing through every conversation. These people are bored and aren't sure what to do.

And once again, I was neither bashing nor lashing out at someone. Merely stating my opinion in a calm way and compared to others, taking the time to mention why I think it's some players creating their own issues.

I can understand and respect that, I'm not trying to turn this into a bash-fest and I'd prefer to have a more intelligent discussion about it. I just want everyone to realize there are two sides to this coin. Even if you disagree with the other side, it's their prerogative to play how they wish.

Or let me make another example of why you probably did not really understand why I posted what I posted in THIS thread: See the "leveling is too fast" thread? I did not post in that one because that person is probably right, yet this thread was titled "Game feels dead". It very well might feel to him that way because a lot of players are not lvl 50 yet, but is it the players fault who did not level fast enough?

Don't get me wrong, I understand exactly where you're coming from (or so I believe) and I'm pretty sure I understand your message. I'm simply trying to offer up a response that maybe the game does feel dead, and maybe he has a right to question the issue. Whether or not I agree with him is a total different issue, but I'd like to see more than this endless supply of empty posts that some other people enjoy posting.

Im still leveling as well as the wife. Sorry you ran through the game to get to the end game but not everyone is going to do that.

Yep these people that rush through the game since they got no tomorrow always make these repetitive threads. I bet they even got this long boring wall of text saved to their text files to cry on every game they play.

You realize that probably less than 1% of the players are level 50 right now. I wish Bioware could give us some numbers, but I can certainly tell you, out of 1.6 million players you are the minority.

Suggestion? Take it easy for a while and roll an alt or go ganking/exploring.:D

Do you need a hug, special snowflake?