Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

carnage marauder question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
carnage marauder question

AlCorazon
06.25.2016 , 04:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Romeugues View Post
Force camo
Force Camo is when you become stealth for like 4 seconds? Force camouflage?

And can Mara cleanse somehow?
My referral link! http://www.swtor.com/r/gBW7FL

Greezt
06.25.2016 , 04:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCorazon View Post
Force Camo is when you become stealth for like 4 seconds? Force camouflage?

And can Mara cleanse somehow?
Yes, you stealth out for 4-6 seconds. You get 50% DR for the duration, and immunity to CC.

No cleanse except for a utility. Don't confuse it with a purge, though - it doesn't remove DoTs, only roots/debuffs.

AlCorazon
06.25.2016 , 07:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Greezt View Post
Yes, you stealth out for 4-6 seconds. You get 50% DR for the duration, and immunity to CC.

No cleanse except for a utility. Don't confuse it with a purge, though - it doesn't remove DoTs, only roots/debuffs.
It seems as Carnage Mara I am extremely vulnerable... should have just rolled a Jugg...i heard it was the easiest most foolproof class to play, unless ur going ranked tho

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.25.2016 , 07:24 AM | #14
45 seconds, not a minute. This is why camo is one of the better DCDs out there.
Ya know I cant for the life of me figure out how Force Camo is a remotely decent DCD. Yeah it will function like one providing you don't do a thing during its usage. I mean its good against enviornmental damage if your not fighting, but what good is a dcd that you can't use while engaged in combat? You cannot attack while its in effect or it ends prematurely. To just stand there staring at the boss' *** for six seconds, talk about a DPS loss heh.
It has good other uses tho as has been pointed out if speced properly [added speed, cleanse, invisability, threat reduction].

PVP of course is a different matter, it can be more useful there, but even still, you cant use it while fighting.
I hate that =p

Greezt
06.25.2016 , 07:37 AM | #15
It seems as Carnage Mara I am extremely vulnerable... should have just rolled a Jugg...i heard it was the easiest most foolproof class to play, unless ur going ranked tho
Juggs are generally easier than maras in my opinion, but you hit your damage ceiling earlier in return. I think respeccing to fury is a good middle ground between juggs and maras, if you're willing to give it a go.

Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Ya know I cant for the life of me figure out how Force Camo is a remotely decent DCD. Yeah it will function like one providing you don't do a thing during its usage. I mean its good against enviornmental damage if your not fighting, but what good is a dcd that you can't use while engaged in combat? You cannot attack while its in effect or it ends prematurely. To just stand there staring at the boss' *** for six seconds, talk about a DPS loss heh.
It has good other uses tho as has been pointed out if speced properly [added speed, cleanse, invisability, threat reduction].

PVP of course is a different matter, it can be more useful there, but even still, you cant use it while fighting.
I hate that =p
Well, this is a PvP forum...

Why do you think this DCD is bad, yet no one thinks stealth out by sins/ops is bad? Truth is they're both good. While camo doesn't take you out of combat, CC immunity is great. If you were the focus target of the enemy team, this is the best way to drop FF. 50% DR for 4-6 seconds (from all damage taken, not just an armor increase) is quite powerful too.

If you're alone, this is a good chance to run a way. If you have heals, you just bought them a couple of seconds to stabilize you before you leap back in. You can also use this to mitigate predictable burst (Energy burst/heatseeker missiles/ambush). So yes, this is a strong coolodown overall if used correctly.

AlCorazon
06.25.2016 , 09:14 AM | #16
Carnage seems to be very fun to play... but i am misusing it Massacre should not be main damage dealer But who cares, i just finished ROTHC anywa, god love me...

Fury, granted an easier spec to play, but i don't know Carnage is just much more fun.

Romeugues
06.25.2016 , 03:57 PM | #17
Carnage seems to be very fun to play... but i am misusing it Massacre should not be main damage dealer But who cares, i just finished ROTHC anywa, god love me...

Fury, granted an easier spec to play, but i don't know Carnage is just much more fun.
Hmm? Massacre is your spam move, going to be your top damage dealing ability, you really only don't use it during gore windows, dev blast and vicious throw during them usually. Sometimes you can manage to find people in pvp who don't interrupt/stun you during a beserk'd ravage,vicious throw and dev blast gore window combo btw, which is excellent burst. You prob won't be able to fit the last attack in during gore without lots of alacrity btw.

RACATW
06.25.2016 , 05:51 PM | #18
Why do you think this DCD is bad, yet no one thinks stealth out by sins/ops is bad? Truth is they're both good. While camo doesn't take you out of combat, CC immunity is great.
Yes, you can adapt the ability and turn it into something it wasn't necessarily meant to be, a 'fake' DCD, whereas it was likely intended to help a marauder approach an objective. A 'real' DCD would be endure pain, which allows a jugg a 50% DR (and 30% internal/elemental) while it lasts 10s (4-6s longer) making it better on average to force camo by a fair margin while allowing them to do what they're supposed to do- deal damage. Whereas marauders are almost always entirely useless when in force camo, not to mention gimping their damage output in comparison.

In short, I'm not sure whether you meant to call it good but let's be honest, it's just an ability with a very short period of stealth which has a few mostly useless gimmicks. Said gimmicks are rarely worth the loss in dps. If you could attack while in force camo, that would make it a 'good' DCD for the 4-6s it lasts.

Greezt
06.25.2016 , 11:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
Yes, you can adapt the ability and turn it into something it wasn't necessarily meant to be, a 'fake' DCD, whereas it was likely intended to help a marauder approach an objective. A 'real' DCD would be endure pain, which allows a jugg a 50% DR (and 30% internal/elemental) while it lasts 10s (4-6s longer) making it better on average to force camo by a fair margin while allowing them to do what they're supposed to do- deal damage. Whereas marauders are almost always entirely useless when in force camo, not to mention gimping their damage output in comparison.

In short, I'm not sure whether you meant to call it good but let's be honest, it's just an ability with a very short period of stealth which has a few mostly useless gimmicks. Said gimmicks are rarely worth the loss in dps. If you could attack while in force camo, that would make it a 'good' DCD for the 4-6s it lasts.
I'm not gonna argue this point. I haven't played my jugg in quite a while, which spec is it that gains the DR from endure pain?

Force camo is good. No, you can't deal damage with it active. That doesn't make it bad - it is a defensive cooldown. It does just that - defends you against damage. You want jugg cooldowns, play a jugg.

RACATW
06.26.2016 , 12:54 PM | #20
Well fortunately there's nothing to argue about from my point of view, a short gimped period of stealth isn't a 'good' DCD as a DCD is something which would apply to both PvE and PvP. Not to mention stealth isn't a true DCD, it's just meant to help get to an objective. It even shows you that in the jedi knight story.

Veng gets that DR. Immortal spec gets endure pain for 20s (double) and an increase of 5% DR for internal/elemental damage. Rage doesn't have any boosts to the base DCD though it is a very damage heavy spec in comparison while having the self heal etc that the mara doesn't.

Veng also has an advantage in being able to switch to shien for extra DR (20%) after force leap, then soresu for an even larger base DR (51-52%) in addition to any DCD's they use. So they'll have 71% DR and if they used endure pain in addition to their shien leap + switched to soresu right after they'd have 85% DR. Of course it takes a lot of 'know how' to do that sort of thing and it won't always work perfectly, plus veng has pretty bad damage/burst compared to rage and is something of a shank tank spec by default. Rage is a better PvP spec all round while an immortal skank tank is pretty good as well with better sustained DCD's and pretty good damage output. Frenzied sabers is a good DCD as it suits the mara (pure dps while having a DCD up) but force camo? No. That's just to help you get to an objective.