Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BH Act 3 Bugged - GAMEBREAKING to BH Progression, no access to Illum/D7/ETC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
BH Act 3 Bugged - GAMEBREAKING to BH Progression, no access to Illum/D7/ETC
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GREVANT
12.29.2011 , 09:46 AM | #71
Character: Grevant
Server: Juyo

Same stupid bug, I've literally been PvPing for a week,and that can get old really fast.

Zakumene
12.29.2011 , 09:51 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by phlowbies View Post
Every single BH has hit this bug in my guild so far, and there's quite a few people piling up over here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=55025

Can we get some acknowledgement and response to this? All our tickets just get automatically deleted and it's the most infuriating thing in the world. We have no access to Illum, D7, ETC due to this.

Long story short, after talking to Darth Tormen, he does not send you on to Vaiken Spacedock to continue on to Illum. Dark side or light side option with the emp does not seem to make a difference. We don't have access to dailies or D7, and can not finish the act.
Does this prevent you from reaching level 50? Does this prevent you from PVPing? Does this prevent you from raiding? Does this prevent you from doing heroics? Does this prevent you from playing an alt?

Does it affect powertechs and mercenaries the same?

From an alternate point of view - if you're reached Act 3 you've probably put in 7+ days of play time. You should take a break from the game while they fix it.

JovethGonzalez
12.29.2011 , 10:26 AM | #73 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Diora View Post
Joveth, there IS a workaround for the bug for BHs who have not completed the Number One With a Bullet quest.

The workaround is to choose the light side option when speaking with the target of your bounty. This will result in the quests triggering properly....

Thank you for this! Our QA team has tested this and has confirmed that this is a valid workaround. We have updated the Known Issue thread accordingly! Rest assured that we are working on a fix for this!

EDIT: While the above is possible, we definitely want players to choose their own path. Please rest assured that no matter what choice you make for your character, this issue will be resolved soon.

Thank you!

Ithril
12.29.2011 , 10:28 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Thank you for this! Our QA team has tested this and has confirmed that this is a valid workaround. We have updated the Known Issue thread accordingly! Rest assured that we are working on a fix for this!
So, then the fact that I chose the light side options and now can not get the Ilum daily (or have it shared with me), means that it is some other bug that is not related to this bug? If so, anybody know a workaround for that?
Scoundrels Anonymous
A group of friends first, who happen to play MMOs together.

xyrmagus
12.29.2011 , 10:28 AM | #75
How do you get your bounty quest? I've no idea how to DO this workaround, because I simply had no quest option to pick.

EDIT: NVM, it said the workaround is for those who have not completed yet. What about those of us who already have?

Can we PLEASE get an ETA for those of us who already completed the quest? Instead of actually FIXING the issue, can't you just make a hotfix for those of us who are already broken to quickly provide us the lead-in quests to Ilum? Wasn't that one of the things Bioware was touting a few months back, how the game would allow for VERY quick/easy updates?
"...peace was atrophy. Only through conflict could potential be realized." -Darth Malgus

Joxur
12.29.2011 , 10:46 AM | #76
Good to know that there's a workaround. But most people won't even know this is an issue UNTIL it's already become bugged. Please provide a fix. I would love to do play my character over the holiday weekend.

JovethGonzalez
12.29.2011 , 10:47 AM | #77 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Ithril View Post
So, then the fact that I chose the light side options and now can not get the Ilum daily (or have it shared with me), means that it is some other bug that is not related to this bug? If so, anybody know a workaround for that?
Hi there! Just to be bit more clear, this workaround is a preventative measure. We apologize for the inconvenience, but know that this is a high priority issue for the dev team and a fix will be coming in soon.

Ithril
12.29.2011 , 10:59 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi there! Just to be bit more clear, this workaround is a preventative measure. We apologize for the inconvenience, but know that this is a high priority issue for the dev team and a fix will be coming in soon.
I appreciate that, and I'm sure it will help a lot of people, but that doesn't really answer my question.

What I'm experiencing:

I already did what is suggested as a workaround for this bug (I chose the light side option.)

I have a bug similar to the one presented in this thread, but not identical (I can not get Ilum Daily, but can get and complete the Ilum Weekly quest.) I am having no issues with D7 or other flashpoints.

Does this mean I have a separate issue that I should start a new thread about? I have a ticket open in game already with all the relevant details.
Scoundrels Anonymous
A group of friends first, who happen to play MMOs together.

JovethGonzalez
12.29.2011 , 11:16 AM | #79 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Ithril View Post
I appreciate that, and I'm sure it will help a lot of people, but that doesn't really answer my question.

What I'm experiencing:

I already did what is suggested as a workaround for this bug (I chose the light side option.)

I have a bug similar to the one presented in this thread, but not identical (I can not get Ilum Daily, but can get and complete the Ilum Weekly quest.) I am having no issues with D7 or other flashpoints.

Does this mean I have a separate issue that I should start a new thread about? I have a ticket open in game already with all the relevant details.
Thank you for this Ithril, we will investigate and I will get back to you shortly. Apologies for the inconveniences that you and others are experiencing.

demoncrat
12.29.2011 , 11:37 AM | #80
What is your definition of "soon" ?

I'm asking nicely. Should I expect to play end game this weekend?
Eternity Vault is one giant bug. Please fix it