An idea for new class(es)

PatrickTheTroll

I wrote this a few hours ago and I wanted to give it to the devs. Vulkk told me to post here.

SWTOR - Class(es)

Please note this is just an idea I came up with that will require NO voice acting and will keep it KOTOR style.

The idea is to add new class(es). I have currently 3 ways that you could add it.

Requirements

-F2P/Pref/Sub (whatever you feel is the best, I would say sub, but some people would prob be upset, could make it sub for the first 6 months then for everyone or whatever works, please note these are just ideas)

-Level 65 (I will explain a bit below)

-Made it to a certain chapter to be able to unlock class(es)

Option A:

The classic way. 2 new classes, one for the Republic and one for the Empire.

You start at lets say chapter 18 where you meet this new specie or old specie (whatever that works for you) And you play from there.

Option B:

The World Of Warcraft way.

You see at 0:17 where you pick also feel free to look here http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Pandaren_(playable) Is like option A, here you are just neutral and have 1 class and can either go Republic or Empire.

Option C:

The Third Faction? As we all know, there are currently the Republic, the Empire and the Hutts faction.

Option C.1:

Sorta the same like Option B, you work for the Hutts or maybe some Zakuul thugs (maybe fallen siths and jedi's?). And you meet the Empire and Republic and one of them makes you leave the Zakuul thugs to join them. You pick a side.

Option C.2:

This one will actually require voice acting (sorta)

Works like Option C.1 But here you will NOT join the Republic or the Empire. Here you will stay with the Hutts, Zakuul or whichever faction you come up with. And you fight to kill certain people etc. The main problem with this will be PvP and splitting up the community even more by having 3 factions but just an idea.

Why level 65? Why a certain chapter?

If you want no voice acting and want to keep it KOTOR style/feel then this idea would work. Only voice acting will be the NPCs. Certain chapter, is pretty much to show this new/old specie, the new class(es), perhaps a new world where they live? There are so many ideas.

I hope you can use any of this to maybe finally get some new classes out.

Its 6am, if any typo's etc, im sorry.

EDIT: Changed title.

/Discuss ?

Edited by PatrickTheTroll

Patrick shared this idea of a new class with me recently and I thought it's worth a discussion. I personally liked the idea of a lvl 65 new (sub)class that will spawn after you unlock a specific chapter in Fallen Empire. Maybe to add a layer - that class's background and perks could depend on what side the player has been playing - dark or light. It could spawn its own little side mini-story, because we know there's no budged for a real new class and we'll likely never see one added to the game.

I put up an idea while back for a start at 60 character - useable with the token - where you play as a Zakuul Knight, with that sweet saber staff. It would avoid any need for the original story to be changed - just jump in at the start of KotFE.

For the backstory, have him (or her) as someone captured as a child (fits the "Outlander" title), and Valkorian taking notice when he/she fights free of the guards, maybe kills a couple, so Valko is impressed, and puts him/her in a training program, ends up with him/her in his elite guard before he/she finally takes revenge and kills Valky and gets put into carbonite.

Only extra thing is they would need to change a couple of things around Lana and Theron and how they know the player. The romance options would be limited to Lana, Theron and Koth (or maybe possibly Senya?)

I put up an idea while back for a start at 60 character - useable with the token - where you play as a Zakuul Knight, with that sweet saber staff. It would avoid any need for the original story to be changed - just jump in at the start of KotFE.

For the backstory, have him (or her) as someone captured as a child (fits the "Outlander" title), and Valkorian taking notice when he/she fights free of the guards, maybe kills a couple, so Valko is impressed, and puts him/her in a training program, ends up with him/her in his elite guard before he/she finally takes revenge and kills Valky and gets put into carbonite.

Only extra thing is they would need to change a couple of things around Lana and Theron and how they know the player. The romance options would be limited to Lana, Theron and Koth (or maybe possibly Senya?)

Sounds like an great idea.

Hello DEVS?

why start a class at 60? the point of starting a class is to get an entire new story line in game. Lazy levelers urk my nerves

Developers said more than once that they will never do a new class because it would be too expensive.

Suggestions like this make more sense because starting directly at lv60 or lv65 with a brand new class means they don't have to write new content for older parts of the game. The whole Outlander setting with a single generic hero would help in this regard because you wouldn't have to re-record every cutscene to aknowledge the player as Lord, Agent, Master, Hunter, etc.

But it will never happen anyway, so gg on wasting your time in writing something that will never be taken into consideration.

5/7 and a fat Jawa for the effort. https://burrellosubmarine.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fat-star-wars-jawa-2-color1.jpg

Edited by JeKoCZ

why start a class at 60? the point of starting a class is to get an entire new story line in game. Lazy levelers urk my nerves

Read what JeKoCZ wrote =]

Developers said more than once that they will never do a new class because it would be too expensive.

Suggestions like this make more sense because starting directly at lv60 or lv65 with a brand new class means they don't have to write new content for older parts of the game. The whole Outlander setting with a single generic hero would help in this regard because you wouldn't have to re-record every cutscene to aknowledge the player as Lord, Agent, Master, Hunter, etc.

But it will never happen anyway, so gg on wasting your time in writing something that will never be taken into consideration.

5/7 and a fat Jawa for the effort. https://burrellosubmarine.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/fat-star-wars-jawa-2-color1.jpg

Haha, honestly it took me less than 30mins to write, its fine man =]

I agree we won't ever see new 1-50 class stories again. But when this season of KotFE ends, there's a lot of potential to add a new start-at-60 (or 65) class. Maybe a Zakuulan who has seen what Arcann has done to their world and wants to follow the Outlander's Alliance? Could have a Force-using AC to be a former Knight like Senya, using the polesaber and shield as was suggested above, and a tech-based AC to be a former regular Joe like Koth was. They follow along after the Alliance breaks up or whatever happens at the end. Could have the same male/female VA for Imp or Pubside since they're choosing where to go...

I agree we won't ever see new 1-50 class stories again. But when this season of KotFE ends, there's a lot of potential to add a new start-at-60 (or 65) class. Maybe a Zakuulan who has seen what Arcann has done to their world and wants to follow the Outlander's Alliance? Could have a Force-using AC to be a former Knight like Senya, using the polesaber and shield as was suggested above, and a tech-based AC to be a former regular Joe like Koth was. They follow along after the Alliance breaks up or whatever happens at the end. Could have the same male/female VA for Imp or Pubside since they're choosing where to go...

Could easily work. We just need to hear from BioWare themselves :(