Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition: Server Transfers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aeristash
05.06.2016 , 02:23 PM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
You're making up ridiculous assumptions now. My business as a customer is to make the most of my subscription, and to also have some knowledge on how the game is doing financially, which in fact, does help/hinder people (maybe not you) in deciding whether to make a purchase. I can ask as many questions as I'd like about the company.
Disregarding the facts you asked if server mergers over server transfers was a opportune financial gamble, not how the game was doing over all. EA has public ledgers detailing that and if they were shutting down, they'd stop taking money and give months notice ahead of time-- How often do you make a purchase and ask the store directly how well they expect to do through the fiscal year?

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
I never asked how much money they get. I simply asked "would Bioware benefit from this financially". It doesn't go into specifics. I don't need to be an accountant to ask those sorts of questions. If Bioware see no financial gain from keeping a dead server, then they might shut it down and merge those accounts onto other servers. Which begs the question, is there any point in paying for transfers or just waiting for a server merge to save money?
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeristash View Post
But then again, you don't really care about their finances anyway. You were simply attempting to probe their financial status as ammunition for your server merge agenda.
^ Like I said.

Aeristash
05.06.2016 , 02:26 PM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
actually knowing if a company is in good or bad shape with their product can have an effect whether or not you continue to sink money funding it. I know I don't want to buy a product that may be discontinued in near future before i invest time and money into it.
When mmos are about to go out of business, like the recent scarlet blade and moonlight, they give plenty of advance warning and stop accepting purchases. These things are usually decided at the beginning of a new quarter.

BenIrving
05.06.2016 , 02:35 PM | #333 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?
Ben Irving | Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
05.06.2016 , 02:38 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by BenIrving View Post
To be honest, I haven't read all 34 pages of this thread, but if we reduced transfer prices for a week, would that allow you all enough time to organize your guilds to transfer to the place that makes the most sense for your guild?
Thank you for responding and I (my opinion) I would hope that would go over well with most of the people. You to me are at least trying to help.

Edit: I would also suggest sending a email to people so they can't come back (one would hope) to say they didn't know.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Jadescythe
05.06.2016 , 02:40 PM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeristash View Post
What business is that of yours? You're not their chief financial officer nor their tax accountant. Worry about enjoying your sub and let them worry about managing their financial affairs. Obviously if they aren't here complaining about server pop with the rest, they must have things well in hand.
Not sure why you have this reaction to questions that the OP obviously did not expect BW to answer. Some players would love to play on a server with just their hand picked friends. But that obviously isn't realistic. I don't think it's at all a problem to question how small of a server population is acceptable to BW.

Not to mention BW/EA's financial affairs directly impact my enjoyment of my subscription. If they don't have the finances to continue creating new content, I will enjoy the game less.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

CrazyCT
05.06.2016 , 02:41 PM | #336
If you change your settings, you can get a lot more posts per page - it's only showing 9 pages for me
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

Jadescythe
05.06.2016 , 02:44 PM | #337
I'm really starting to like this guy posting here all the time. Whether it's helpful like this or totally irrelevant duck stuff, it's just nice to see.

Another week is a nice start, but have you all taken a look at the number of active players on some of the servers now that the transfer prices have increased? I can't imagine anyone at BW would realistically recommend someone coming to SWTOR today should roll a character on Prophecy of the Five or Bastion. Perhaps the experience of the players on the servers isn't accurately reflecting the numbers you all see?
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

LordBritain
05.06.2016 , 02:49 PM | #338
If you reduced them back to 90CC's for a week, (when I saw the price of 1500 NA to EU, my heart sank). I'd move almost all my American toons to my UK server and delete some of each.

I've been selling stuff on Harby and Bastion in the hope that since NA to EU went live, I'd be able to move the characters for the 90cc's like before. Getting my bags pack and ready if you will.
A forum is for people to vent opinions and ideas, regardless of how some may feel about that.

Aeristash
05.06.2016 , 02:54 PM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Not sure why you have this reaction to questions that the OP obviously did not expect BW to answer. Some players would love to play on a server with just their hand picked friends. But that obviously isn't realistic. I don't think it's at all a problem to question how small of a server population is acceptable to BW.

Not to mention BW/EA's financial affairs directly impact my enjoyment of my subscription. If they don't have the finances to continue creating new content, I will enjoy the game less.
Op? What are you talking about? That was a reply to wode. And anyways, if bioware doesn't think a server is worth keeping, they set up transfers and announce the server closure as they have with the dozens of other servers over the years. To this day none know how small is too small or if servers are even judged by such a metric. Why? It's irrelevant to anyone not on the boardroom side of things.

RikuvonDrake
05.06.2016 , 02:54 PM | #340
Thankfully I moved mine before you increased the prices, but would you consider refunding for players who payed 1000 CC for each transfer if you reduce the price? I know a few who payed that.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango