Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition: Server Transfers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

peter_plankskull
05.06.2016 , 11:48 AM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Last week we announced our next Digital Expansion: Knights of the Fallen Empire. Since announcing, we have seen a lot of players coming back and getting into The Old Republic. Whether you are a new player, an old subscriber coming back, or a player who has been around a while, you may have been looking for an opportunity to move to a new server. Maybe your friends transferred servers in the past or you’re just trying to find a new Fleet to call home.

In honor of our Fallen Empire announcement, we wanted to make it a bit easier for you to play on the server you want to. Starting tomorrow, Tuesday June 23rd, all character transfers will be discounted by over 90%, for a limited time. Each character transfer will only cost 90 Cartel Coins each. This promotion will run for a while, and we will make sure to give you a couple weeks of notice before the price goes back to normal.
I hope jade is still online to find this from the actual dev post... ugh man ill see you in 30 hours when I find it officially.

DarthWoad
05.06.2016 , 11:53 AM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
I hope jade is still online to find this from the actual dev post... ugh man ill see you in 30 hours when I find it officially.
http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-...r-your-friends

Is this what you were looking for?

Thoronmir
05.06.2016 , 11:54 AM | #313
Things I've learned in this thread:

1. Two weeks' notice would have solved all the problems. Grandpa was right, the difference between comedy and tragedy is time.

2. From now on, all future announcements from EA/BW will say: "We will give some indeterminate period of notice, possibly ranging between a few minutes to several months, within our sole discretion, prior to <insert future change>."
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Becky Pepper never forgets

Jadescythe
05.06.2016 , 11:55 AM | #314
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

peter_plankskull
05.06.2016 , 11:55 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post

Is this what you were looking for?
Yep... and I really wish I saw your post before I started that search, but thank you going through the trouble with me.

Lenlo
05.06.2016 , 11:56 AM | #316
It seems the failure to react in time is a common theme with the Bioware SWTOR team.

It happened in the first few months of the game when after the initial player loss people began leaving in droves due to low server populations and Bioware's failure to merge the servers. By the time they finally did merge them, it was already too late. Since that initial mismanagement SWTOR has been dying a slow and painful death...

Now they're yet again being slow to react and the player base suffers for it.
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug
Our brains can't withstand mangled english of that magnitude!

Jadescythe
05.06.2016 , 12:02 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
AND refund my 5000 cartel coins in the process. People already started paying 1000 per transfer, you are disregarding them now, because you are selfish.
I've paid probably 5k worth of cartel coins moving characters to various servers since the price drop to 90 CC. And I got my coin's worth, so to speak, by having the increased population for the last 10 months. I agree that BW should have never lowered the price and just allowed free transfers from the start, but that is an issue you should bring up with them. If they allowed the remaining players on servers with a population unable to support normal gameplay, I wouldn't have an issue with having paid them to move before. Just like I didn't complain that I transferred a character for 1,800 cartel coins one week and 90 the next.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

DarthWoad
05.06.2016 , 12:05 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I've paid probably 5k worth of cartel coins moving characters to various servers since the price drop to 90 CC. And I got my coin's worth, so to speak, by having the increased population for the last 10 months. I agree that BW should have never lowered the price and just allowed free transfers from the start, but that is an issue you should bring up with them. If they allowed the remaining players on servers with a population unable to support normal gameplay, I wouldn't have an issue with having paid them to move before. Just like I didn't complain that I transferred a character for 1,800 cartel coins one week and 90 the next.
I think people are more annoyed with the sudden announcement than the price.
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here

masterceil
05.06.2016 , 12:13 PM | #319
I think this thread serves as all the more reason to have server merges as a lot of these problems can be solved and avoided rather than cheesing it all with server transfers. Why should the players have to move off a dead server... why cant Bioware merge them?
Because I don't want to merge into a larger server. I prefer my quiet little community.
New resident of Ebon Hawk. Livin' the dream!
~¤{ Celestial Argonauts }¤~
~¤{ S · e · r · e · n · i · t · y }¤~
~¤{ Celestial Dreadnauts }¤~

DarthWoad
05.06.2016 , 12:22 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Because I don't want to merge into a larger server. I prefer my quiet little community.
But is Bioware okay with having a quiet little community? Does running a server with a small population give them an advantage financially?
Founder of The Old Republic
Returning to the game? Get 7 days FREE subscription by clicking here