Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem with Lightning talent "Exsanguinate"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Problem with Lightning talent "Exsanguinate"

mankoop
12.28.2011 , 08:00 AM | #11
I just tried this a minute ago.
At level 44 my affliction did 166 damage with 1/2 exsanguinate and also 166 damage with 2/2 exsanguinate. At least 1/2 -> 2/2 is working fine. Don't know about 0/2 -> 1/2.

havocslayer
12.28.2011 , 10:24 AM | #12
Is this the same for lingering nightmares in the madness tree?(I guess it is so, right?)

spellegren
12.28.2011 , 11:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by mankoop View Post
I just tried this a minute ago.
At level 44 my affliction did 166 damage with 1/2 exsanguinate and also 166 damage with 2/2 exsanguinate. At least 1/2 -> 2/2 is working fine. Don't know about 0/2 -> 1/2.
Interesting, I wonder if it was silently fixed in yesterdays patch. Anyone else able to test this today?

Makes no difference to me, as I play hybrid and do not take the talent, but for the more DoT focused Sorcs this would be good news.

hardicon
12.28.2011 , 12:04 PM | #14
i think its just a tooltip error. i noticed last night my ticks were doing the same damage as they were before i got this. well they went up some because i got more willpower gear but overall more damage increase.

Badgerpanic
12.28.2011 , 09:16 PM | #15
I'm getting the same sized ticks but more of them. Is a small DPS increase because you now have to cast affliction less often.

Vreivai
12.29.2011 , 03:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by spellegren View Post
Interesting, I wonder if it was silently fixed in yesterdays patch. Anyone else able to test this today?

Makes no difference to me, as I play hybrid and do not take the talent, but for the more DoT focused Sorcs this would be good news.
It is just a tooltip error, and has always been a tooltip error. I can confirm that it did not decrease the damage done per tick by affliction, even prior to Tuesday's patch.
Why can't I electrocute everyone I meet?

ruckustata
12.29.2011 , 09:10 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SIowpoke View Post
The damage that affliction does is near meaningless for lightning.

What matters is that it's ticking, criting, and you have to cast it as little as possible
This. The real reason for affliction is the crit procs that interact with other powers. That's how I take it anyways. The small dot that it does is pretty underwhelming compared to even FL. Yes, every bit helps but the real reward for Affliction is the chance to crit which allows synergy with other spells. The more ticks from one cast of affliction means, less power usage, more chances at crit from one spell.

So overall, while it is arguable whether the increased occurances of ticks is a slight increase/decrease in overall damage, you can't argue that more ticks gives you a greater chance for crit.

ruckustata
12.29.2011 , 09:12 AM | #18
Question to those who say that the ticks aren't decreased with an overall same damage out. Is it possible that your gear and increased level has increased your overall damage which may account for the increased tick damage? Just asking.

takenleaders
12.29.2011 , 09:15 AM | #19
I re-specced, went out without a spec and casted it. I then specced normally, re-casted it, and it ticked for the samea mount, just had 2 extra ticks. The talent is working correctly.