Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Weapon Tunings

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jadescythe
05.04.2016 , 08:19 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Screenshot of the pack I opened yesterday:
http://roll3d6.com/images/auction/Pack-Contents.jpg

I think this goes a bit farther than being disappointed there wasn't a Tuning inside.
There was almost nothing inside.
Only three possibilities here. You altered the screenshot, removed some items and reopened (not sure if possible), or the most likely issue, it was a bug. All packs give you at least some junk you don't want with them and if that was missing, it should be easy enough to log your ticket to BW.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

ShawDou
05.04.2016 , 08:24 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Screenshot of the pack I opened yesterday:
http://roll3d6.com/images/auction/Pack-Contents.jpg

I think this goes a bit farther than being disappointed there wasn't a Tuning inside.
There was almost nothing inside.
This can be done if you open pack with just ONE free space in inventory. It will place only one item from pack into your inventory while gift will stay in pack. And if you open same pack again it is there.
If you like my posts click my referral link for free 7 sub days and more.
(whether you're a new or returning member, you'll get all sorts of goodies)

Xina_LA
05.04.2016 , 08:28 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Only three possibilities here. You altered the screenshot, removed some items and reopened (not sure if possible), or the most likely issue, it was a bug. All packs give you at least some junk you don't want with them and if that was missing, it should be easy enough to log your ticket to BW.
I didn't alter the screenshot, nor did I remove some items. It's not a problem with inventory space, because that screen would show all the items in the pack, regardless. I just wouldn't have been able to claim them all. (Plus, I'm one of those neat freaks who cleans up their inventory before logging out each day.)

I have reported it as a Bug, in the dim hope that it actually is a bug and not simply possible if you're really unlucky. I've heard from a couple of other people in PMs that they had this same result, just one item. Maybe it's a new bug and I'll get a nice message back from customer service. Maybe this is how packs work now if you're just wildly unlucky. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Andryah
05.04.2016 , 08:34 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
Thanks, but I did quote Dan's response in my post you quoted.
And if you read Dan's answer to that question, how are people getting this:

And this:

There are more but I'm not going to search back further but i've seen quite a few since the blog went up last week.
Learn studio speak, IMO. This is a common communications practice by corporations.

They use the word "may" so that what they do, when they do it, and how often, is completely up to them. A simple word inoculates them from all manner of complaints from emotional players, and gives them wide flexibility as to how future weapon tunings are released into the game.

Besides.. if they used the word "will" it would spawn all sorts of forum demands for them to drop via X, Y, or Z.

Note that they have not committed to a future expac either, only hinted around a bit about it. Yet we all know that one will come.

Of course in this case... the use of a vague word gets some players very emotional.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Andryah
05.04.2016 , 08:36 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Venea View Post
Something I don't particularly care about, since Bioware felt like only putting the slot on Cartel Market weaponry. Sorry, but I LOVE my Lord Kallig's Scorching Lightsaber.

I'm somewhat amused they didn't even give the Chapter 12 weapon a tuning slot.

Anyhow, they dropped the ball on that, so I shan't be throwing my money at the screen any time soon for a graphical effect on my lightsaber.
Except I have seen weapon tuning slots on a good number of non CM weapons since the patch.

So, no.. it is not CM weapon specific, nor did all CM weapons receive tuning slots.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

EricMusco
05.04.2016 , 02:05 PM | #96 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I wanted to stop in to this thread and address some of the questions/concerns that have arisen since we introduced Weapon Tunings yesterday. First off, please keep the feedback coming. We have seen a lot of feedback relating to things like drop rates, adding the tuning to Collections, etc. The team is actively looking at all of your feedback and considering what future changes, if any, need to occur. Here are a few of the common questions we have seen:

Is the Weapon Tuning more rare than other rare items?
The Weapon Tuning's drop rate is on par with most other rare items found in a pack. At times there are rare items which are exceedingly rare, such as the Unstable Lightsaber, but the Weapon Tuning is not one of them. As a note, we are looking at more clearly designating that extra rarity as Platinum in 4.5.

Are Weapon Tunings only going to drop from the Cartel Market?
Although we introduced the system through the Cartel Market, there are plans moving forward to have Weapon Tunings that are not a part of the Cartel Market. That being said, future packs will likely contain them as well.

My favorite item doesn't have a Weapon Tuning Slot, will you be adding more?
Yup! In fact, we will be making a thread in the Suggestion Box forum where you can let us know specific weapons that you would like to see a Tuning Slot added to.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Warrgames
05.04.2016 , 02:09 PM | #97
You want feedback?
Stop wasting resource on stupid **** and add things that players have been asking for since launch.
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

Kremsau
05.04.2016 , 02:21 PM | #98
Currently on the fence for a hypercrate, waiting to see GTN prices, but I'm really looking forward to more effects and more applicable items! Keep it up BW!

alceleniel
05.04.2016 , 02:22 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
You want feedback?
Stop wasting resource on stupid **** and add things that players have been asking for since launch.
Weapon customization?

The only thing I would like to see is that they are added to the collection so that I can unlock it for my dual wielders. And make the drop rate higher - silver item.

VelRathis
05.04.2016 , 02:27 PM | #100
In terms of weapons requiring tuning slots;

1. Gree Weapons from the Rep/Event Vendor
2. Vibroswords - especially the classic, fira and Cathar Honor Swords and Polestaves.
3. The Chapter 13 reward weapons (or better still make the special ability a tuneing power)
Im a purist, I like my sabres red and my sith darkside!
No Referral Link - Don't Support the Cartel Market!
(Nightlife Packs, Chance Cubes, Cartel Slot Machine Nerf Grrrr)