Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic 4 quests should be redesigned

QDMcGraw
12.29.2011 , 08:34 AM | #21
yeah! It's unheard of that in an MMO, playing with literally over a million people, I should be forced to interact with other people and be challenged by the game! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! I should just be able to hit Auto-Attack and go ask my mom to make me mac & cheese while the fight is finishing.

What is BioWare thinking? This is game breaking and if they keep this up, this game will die!!

/am I doing it right?

Maeleena
12.29.2011 , 08:34 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MareLooke View Post
This comment is pretty useless without you specifying what planet you're on. Starting from Alderaan just grabbing 4 random people wasn't exactly enough to be able to do heroic 4 quests. You really needed a tank, a healer and 2 dps which is and was a real pain to find, as dps I generally don't even bother making groups, if I see one I'll jump in, if I don't I move on to the next planet.
You are higher level than probably 80% of the playerbase, and that is why. I am rolling each toon and getting them all to at least 15-20, and that is what most people are doing, because the game is about the story right now, because the concept is new and exciting. Give it a couple months and there will be plenty of people in the 30-50 range, but right now most are under 25 because they are switching between 4+ characters.

Ravaran
12.29.2011 , 08:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
I never had an issue finding groups. I've done +4 with 2 companions and it worked out fine.
Yeah doing +4s with two people with a companion each works out just fine.

I think part of the issue is that there no way to summon party members. Some of the planets are just so large that people don't want to join groups for quests if it will take them 15 minutes to get there and 15 minutes to get back to where they were.

lueckjathom
12.29.2011 , 08:42 AM | #24
These quests are entirely optional. Either its worth it for you to take the time to do them, or it's not.

As many other people have said, it's just a matter of zone population right now. In Coruscant where there are 200+ people doing all the quests right now, groups form for the 4+ quests left and right. Then you jump to Taris/Nar Shadda and there's 40 people there; it takes some time but it's doable. But then you get to Tattooine and beyond and you see 18 people in the whole zone. Not so easy to find 4 of those people all on the same quests and with the time to do them, and of the right role to make a proper group.

Bioware isn't doing anything to "stifle" the community. All they could do is add a real LFG window where you could flag yourself properly and search for people easier. Which I would hope would be coming sooner or later. But for the zone dailies that wouldn't help populate the server with more people your level with the proper role to suit your needs.

Lokai
12.29.2011 , 08:42 AM | #25
bigger issue is that in origin worlds is a miss balance of heroic areas...

Korriban: 2 heroics
Tython: 1 heroic(maybe 2? i forget)
Ord Mantell: 3 heroics but all in same spot so really 1 heoric area
Hutta: 3-5 heroic areas...

worse part is devs baically demand you to do these areas, if you don't do them come up short of lvl 10 at end of the zone... which is infuriating for a new player after everyone has lvl 50 and aren't many people doing starter areas.

I don't mind heroics but the devs always need to assume that players aren't doing them when comes to exp curve otherwise players hit walls and cant get past them as far as exp goes. Now once your on next planet your fine, and heroics become mostly optional.

To OP's questions though... Heroics are a great idea i don't think need redesigned i do however think that should buff up companions to fill in for gaps in a party. Right now a dps companion works fairly well, and is a great addition but, real issue comes with healing and tanking companions... epsecially tanking ones becuase while can hold threat super well... have NO tanking buff! means take stupid damage later on...that said i managed to tank all 4 man areas up til alerraan when enemies were hitting to hard for a HEAL spec'd SI to heal through the damage being delt.

If just buff companions up a little so could fill in as a tank/healer i think problem would be alleviated...because while requires alot more micro managting to use companion to do this stuff it was fairly fun to do.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Nemmar
12.29.2011 , 08:44 AM | #26
Honestly im not gonna even read this Whine fest.

Every Heroic 4 can be done with just 2 players + companions, they are fine. L2P

fluffydelusions
12.29.2011 , 08:44 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by lueckjathom View Post
But then you get to Tattooine and beyond and you see 18 people in the whole zone. .
I'm on Tattooine atm and still had no trouble grouping. I suspect it depends if maybe you're on a light server? I usually play on Anchorhead during the day time and yesterday there was around 80+ there. I grouped up with 2 others + my companion and we did 3 heroics in one go.

Maeleena
12.29.2011 , 08:46 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
I'm on Tattooine atm and still had no trouble grouping. I suspect it depends if maybe you're on a light server? I usually play on Anchorhead during the day time and yesterday there was around 80+ there. I grouped up with 2 others + my companion and we did 3 heroics in one go.
Same. On Tatooine yesterday, there was two instances of the planet, with 150 people at least on each instance. Easy as hell to find someone to group with.

If you choose to play on a server with no queue (aka light/medium population) then you will have to put up with less people. That is your choice, not anyone elses. Re-roll on a higher pop server if it bothers you that much.

Urgas
12.29.2011 , 08:47 AM | #29
I disagree with the OP.

I am Level 37 Imortal Juggernaut that has just started the Taris Bonus quest Series.

One of my favorite things about leveling in this game have been the Mini-dungeons (Heroic Quests.) They remind of actual dungeons in other games.

Maybe I am on a super-high pop server (I do believe I am), but as I am doing my quests I watch the chat frame for the LFG/LFM for the heroics, or I just spam "Tank LF Heroics."
(If you are in the chat bar and hit the "UP" arrow, it retypes your last statement, easy for sending this message out as I am questing.

The rewards are good, the feeling of a mini-instance is nice. The only thing I wish is that the color of the quest triangle was different or was a square or something, so when I am in an area overnight, I don't think it is a new quest.

TL;DR

Heroic Quests are snazzy, easy to get groups for, and fun. You, sir, aren't actively trying to get groups, you want one instantly, instead of actively looking for a group as your quest.
Darth Drauka
<Deserve Victory>
CE VIP 07/21/11 - Squadron 11/11/11

Mandrax
12.29.2011 , 08:48 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravaran View Post
Yeah doing +4s with two people with a companion each works out just fine.

I think part of the issue is that there no way to summon party members. Some of the planets are just so large that people don't want to join groups for quests if it will take them 15 minutes to get there and 15 minutes to get back to where they were.
It doesn't help when after a couple of minutes, even though they can see your position on the map, that people start moaning that you aren't there yet...
Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space...