Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can't romance Lana


JarvisW's Avatar


JarvisW
04.24.2016 , 08:31 PM | #81
I'm pretty sure mine didn't say that. In fact I'm pretty sure it was a still of Therons mug while saying "Flirt [Theron]"

I may be wrong about the dialouge..But I'm pretty sure I was looking AT Theron, NOT past him... I'm going to try to redo all my choices on another alt and see if I can get a pic.

PLUS, with CSRs admitting its a bug, I'm going to wait to finish my main's chapters.
...Could be worse... Could be raining!

Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
04.25.2016 , 02:18 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by DesertusRatticus View Post
I will never understand how people can interpret this as "exclusively flirting with Theron".
The camera aims at your character, and it says "one of you", not "you".
Its because people don't read the options properly before chosing, me I read it about 10 times before clicking just to be certain.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

katanaacredus's Avatar


katanaacredus
04.25.2016 , 04:59 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey everyone,

We have seen quite a few reports about the Romance system being broken, . . . . .

I have also seen mention of not being able to romance one of the new characters (Lana, Theron, Koth) being a bug. As far as we can tell, this is not bugged at this time. In order to romance these characters, you must consistently choose flirt options with them throughout KOTFE (having a relationship with Theron or Lana back in Shadow of Revan also contributes to their romances, but is not required) and you must choose a particular option in Chapter IX to pursue a full romance with one of them. If anyone finds that this is not the case for their character, definitely let us know!

Best,

Tait
Tait,
So you say to let you know, so I'm doing just that with the details I feel are of benifit. On character Qel'sana (Jedi Covenant), I have taken every possible flirt option with Lana from the first of them in prelude to revan all the way through until "Relax in the Cantina" (Chapter IX). When I try to do Chapter IX, the normal dialog about "wasn't sure you would join us" starts up, then where is the typical "I need to see one of you" (with flirt option) script is normally at, it is replaced with “I was hoping to have a talk with one of you first” (no flirt option here) followed by Koth getting all indignant with me and gets in my face then storms off, Lana says she will reason with him later, then Theron says "I hope he was not the one you wanted to talk to." This has happened before where Koth and my character dislike each other and it made no difference in romancing Lana. This time however, again where the normal pre-romance flirt option normally happens, I only get the options to talk to Lana or Theron but neither has any flirt available, and the chat after that point is different than in the expected flirt sequence I have experienced before. I escaped out prior to completion so it did not lock me into the bugged sequence.

I tried resetting the chapter hoping that may fix the bug, it did not. The option to lock in a romance is simply not offered even with consistently opting for all flirt chances with Lana.

The only difference in leveling I can note as different from other toons I have pushed through here is possibly that I waited to do the cantina part of Chapter IX until I had secured my HK51 (I just really enjoy the interaction with him and Tora) and did not get back to finish it for some time. The other likely contributing issue is the same bug many people have noted was introduced with a patch, like things getting reset behind the scenes so at the conclusion, all of our choices are not tallied appropriately.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
04.25.2016 , 08:20 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
Its because people don't read the options properly before chosing, me I read it about 10 times before clicking just to be certain.
NO. It is because the two lines have the same text on the dialogue wheel, and because the screen shows Theron's not-so-handsome fizzog. In all other scenes with a flirt, the target is the one you are looking at.

Well, all except one (two?) on Rishi, the one where you choose whether to continue flirting with Theron or Lana. You have:
1. [Flirt] Lana, (blah blah blah)
2 [Flirt] Theron, (something else)
3 Gibber about some crap.

So you can flirt with either of them, and it is clear which line goes with which person.

In the cantina, you have two identical lines (except one has [Flirt]) and the camera shows Theron. It is entirely logical to proceed on the basis that we first flirt with Theron then choose a person to talk to.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

NovemberAllthing's Avatar


NovemberAllthing
04.26.2016 , 07:34 AM | #85
I don't have any issues with the new companions however Kaliyo is pretending to be in love with my agent in Knights, who never flirted with her and it is ruining everything... I've not seen a dev respond to this issue except to say a couple of times that other agent issues were fixed, so i replay the chapter, only to find out it's still broken....
<3 Blame ONeil <3

EEE

Will pay 1000 CC for /lick emote

XiamaraSimi's Avatar


XiamaraSimi
04.26.2016 , 02:57 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
NO. It is because the two lines have the same text on the dialogue wheel, and because the screen shows Theron's not-so-handsome fizzog. In all other scenes with a flirt, the target is the one you are looking at.

Well, all except one (two?) on Rishi, the one where you choose whether to continue flirting with Theron or Lana. You have:
1. [Flirt] Lana, (blah blah blah)
2 [Flirt] Theron, (something else)
3 Gibber about some crap.

So you can flirt with either of them, and it is clear which line goes with which person.

In the cantina, you have two identical lines (except one has [Flirt]) and the camera shows Theron. It is entirely logical to proceed on the basis that we first flirt with Theron then choose a person to talk to.

Not true, in SoR, when you get to the birdman village where your talking to the birdman elder, a flirt pops up, your still looking at the birdman elder, but the flirts for lana.

I was looking at mr birdman, so by everyone heres goofy logic, i should have been flirting with mr birdman, not pre kotfe Meltymethface Beniko

(Id rather flirt with the birdman then someone who looks like shed been using meth for a decade or two...)

AmyBA's Avatar


AmyBA
04.27.2016 , 01:21 AM | #87
I wanted to link another thread about this here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=870477

This is just straight up bugged for some people and not all people just making mistakes about which option they chose. I've taken two characters through the last few weeks, did nothing but flirt with Lana all through FA/SOR and KOTFE, told her the truth about Valkorion and never sided with him, but there is no flirt option in the cantina at all, with anyone. Not with Theron, not with Lana, not with Koth. For some people resetting works, for others like me, resetting does nothing. For another group it does make a flirt option show up, but the moment you pick it it defaults to Theron, you don't get to choose who to flirt with, it just automatically goes into the scene with him.

“Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's simply cowardice.”

AnisaBadgett's Avatar


AnisaBadgett
04.28.2016 , 07:45 PM | #88
Can't romance Theron, either. I've done everything that other players have, and yet I did not get the flirt option that starts the romance on Odessen.

I am also VERY TIRED of being told I DID IT WRONG when I did the same things others did.

Find some way to let us reset. I will GLADLY go through all nine chapters of KOTFE again on my Jedi Knight to avoid being stuck for all eternity with Doc, who I dumped but he still send me a kriffing letter. Ugh. I refuse to play any further with this character, or bring any but my Trooper through KotFE until this gets addressed and not BLOWN OFF.

Zandilar's Avatar


Zandilar
04.30.2016 , 07:28 PM | #89
I just came back after a longish absence from the game (since IX was new). I just started to play my SW again today, and came across this bug.

Prior to my leaving, I had started Chapter IX with her, but not finished it. She was at the stage where she had to go to the war room to talk to Theron and get introduced to her other allies (the Hutt Doctor, the Bothan General, the Mirilan Smuggler)... So I did that, did all the associated side-quests, and went to the cantina to "relax"...

Now, prior to my leaving the game, this SW had taken every single possible flirt with Lana Beniko in SoR and KotFE (to that point). I am pretty obsessive about this, so I KNOW I did it because Lana is pretty much my only flirt option in the whole game (long story short, I only do wlw romances). (I think I might have taken flirt options with Senya when presented with the opportunity, but other than that I took all the Lana flirt options I could. Not sure if that has some effect or not.)

Anyway, (another) long story short (too late!) - I didn't get a flirt option in the Cantina. I could say "I want to talk to one of you" and then select Lana from the three options - but there was no specifically flirt option (which I remember from other characters I had completed IX with before I stopped playing). So, of course, I reset the quest.

Tried again. Same thing.

Tried again. Took a flirt option with Theron (who is the only character who presents a flirt option during Chapter IX), just to see what would happen (ick)... And I get the option to flirt with him and only him.

I've reset and logged out from the character, she won't be played again until this is fixed.

Together with the solid week I spent trying to get the game patched, the ridiculous problems with mobs aggroing from halfway across zones and the continuous ambushes seeing through my agent's (companion's) stealth making it worthless in most situations (hello, my opening attack relies on stealth?), I'm on the verge of cancelling my account altogether and giving up on this game. (I have played through the two characters I got things locked in with Lana prior to my break, I basically have nothing to do right now in the game. ETA: Nope, I have two more characters I can play, both got IX finished before I took a break, yay?)
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Ephrial's Avatar


Ephrial
05.01.2016 , 02:55 AM | #90
I played Chapter 1 - 7 a few months ago with my smuggler und had the same issue when I continued chapter 8 a few days ago.

During the fight with arcann koth saved me instead of Lana, which was very weird since I flirted with Lana every time since the revan Expansion.When I reached the cantina-scene there was no flirt-option.

It worked in the past with different characters so I am 100% sure its a bug.
“That’s a straw Tali.”

“Emergency Induction Port.”