Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Weapon Tunings

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MrBorsh
04.21.2016 , 08:44 AM | #111
QUESTION: As there are all animations for all kind of weapons stored in game, will we be able to modify our primary weapon to be another weapon? For example Gunslingers double blasters, if you modify the primary one, are you able to modify it to be a sniper rifle?

aeterno
04.21.2016 , 09:10 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by MrBorsh View Post
QUESTION: As there are all animations for all kind of weapons stored in game, will we be able to modify our primary weapon to be another weapon? For example Gunslingers double blasters, if you modify the primary one, are you able to modify it to be a sniper rifle?
Don't do this to yourself lol.

Don't expect anything more than fancy visuals.

Also expect them to bug out when you use an ability.

Astaldoath
04.21.2016 , 09:22 AM | #113
they are picking out the suggestions that are good and they can take advantage of for the cartel market to make them more money from the people who spend 1k a month on cartel coins

Twin
04.21.2016 , 09:23 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Don't do this to yourself lol.

Don't expect anything more than fancy visuals.

Also expect them to bug out when you use an ability.
And ofc, expect PvP to instantly bug out in new or old gamebreaking ways, that will be ignored and left live for a month or so...

But hey, you can also expect the CM to stay intact and solid as ever!
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

DanBunten
04.21.2016 , 10:15 AM | #115 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We have seen a lot of questions come up about Weapon Tuning and I wanted to address some of the bigger ones we keep seeing.

Is Weapon Tuning purely cosmetic?
Yes, they do not affect the stats of the weapon in any way.

Will we be able to modify existing weapons?
Many of the existing weapons you have will support the Weapon Tuning slot, but not all. We will continue adding them to existing weapons over time and all new weapons introduced will have this slot.

Are they exclusive to the Cartel Market?
The Lightning Weapon Tuning is exclusive to the Cartel Market, but there may be future Tunings available from other sources.

Are they affected by Color Crystals?
Yes.

Will Tuning effects stack with existing weapon effects?
Yes.

Can we turn the effect on and off like a flourish?
No, similar to existing weapon effects, when the weapon is drawn the effect will always be shown.

Are Weapon Tunings destroyed if removed from a weapon?
No, they are removable from weapons just like other mods and for the same cost as extracting a Color Crystal.

Please keep the questions coming.
Dan Bunten | Cartel Market Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Osgorion
04.21.2016 , 10:37 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Calarand View Post
I swear this is THE most toxic game community I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of. The amount of bile, vitriol, hate, and juvenile anger is overwhelming here sometimes. No matter what the devs are working on - it's wrong, reeks of desperation, and is basically a failure even before it actually goes live. No matter what the devs offer - they're immediately flooded with "waaah, I did not want this toy, I wanted that one, so eff you BioWare". I understand customer rights, I understand wanting the game to get as good as possible, but this? This is a bunch of frustrated, entitled people killing all the fun for themselves and everyone else in the process.
That's because people are tired of how the Cartel market bussiness litterally overdominates all other things in this game.
People, even on the internet, are more than just numbers. They like to be treated with a sense of mutual respect and common sense. And while you'll always have haters, you will find that when a community is the recipient of such respect and sensibility, it also becomes much easier to return these traits.

The "respect" lately shown by bioware leaves me with the stereotype impression of a sly businessman smiling at you while trying to sell you a bad bargain.
In the run of the latest year especially I've began wondering weither Bioware's SWToR team consists of people who primarily studied Game Development... or Marketing..

I've lost alot of my faith in Bioware as a whole over the last years. The only reasons I stay are because;
1) I *Love* the Star Wars universe.
2) I Like the SWToR community. Aside from a few rotten apples which can be easily ignored, there's a wealth of wonderful people still playing this game.

As for entitlement... Is it our money paying all the wages in the end or did I miss out a newsflash about EA becoming a charity? I admit there have been times where player feedback was less "whiny". But that's because so little seems to actually happen with said feedback!
The forums are filled to the brim with good ideas, suggestions, requests. Seemingly with the sole purpose of collecting Virtual Cyberdust.

My point is...; If all you see here is a "Toxic Community". Then you are quite likely missing the underlaying issue.

BoboHut
04.21.2016 , 10:38 AM | #117
QUESTION:

How did this feature get prioritized over adding weapons to costumes?

IanArgent
04.21.2016 , 10:41 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by DanBunten View Post
Hey folks,

The Lightning Weapon Tuning is exclusive to the Cartel Market, but there may be future Tunings available from other sources.

Please give some of these to Armstechs, just as Artificers have dye modules.

For the rest of it, thanks for the clarifications.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

josephxp
04.21.2016 , 10:42 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by DanBunten View Post

Well on the bright side, those other sources maybe a crafting skill like cybertech (seeing as artifice makes dyes cybertech i feel would be the most logical one imo) or something, or as reward from the eternal championship or something later on so i guess thats somewhat exceptable seeing as they wont be added to collections.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

frennky
04.21.2016 , 10:45 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by BoboHut View Post
QUESTION:

How did this feature get prioritized over adding weapons to costumes?
I'd like to know this as well? And when are we going to get this feature? I'm waiting to spend lots of CCs for weapon unlocks in my collections...