Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic 4 quests should be redesigned

Zedkuss
12.29.2011 , 08:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelith View Post
This ^

No point doing them, they take awhile todo and getting 4 people takes a while.

Personally I think forcing people to group is a stupid mechanic and just makes people skip the content (look at aion, you had to group to finish a area which meant if noone was around you had to grind....look where the game is now.)

I watched a guy last night asking in /1 for over an hour for people to join him in a 4+ quest....he eventually gave up.
Why didn't you help him? You complain that its so hard to find groups, but you do nothing to help other people find groups? Any complaint about this from you is now invalid.

brunen
12.29.2011 , 08:21 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelith View Post

Personally I think forcing people to group is a stupid mechanic
Skrim is thataway. This is an MMO. You might want to look up what that means.

Katahn
12.29.2011 , 08:24 AM | #13
He might not have been able to help him. What I see over and over again in general chats as regards to heroic-4s is "LF1M (heroic quest here) - Need healer!". Based on this I would infer a general lack of healers which is either due to an inability for tanks to sufficiently hold all of the aggro in a fight or because not enough people find levelling as a healer "doable".

I play a tank and my plan is to make use of my ship droid (its a healer - just needs to be equipped as it starts with nothing) and do those quests with a couple of DPS when I am a couple levels over them if I can't find a player-healer to do them before that.
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Valcutio
12.29.2011 , 08:24 AM | #14
On the way to 50 I pretty much had to skip every group quest in the game.
~*~*~*~Snowstorm~*~*~*~
-Mask of Nihilus Server-
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I'm a good guy, I just do bad things." - Valcutio

MareLooke
12.29.2011 , 08:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
I have absolutely no problem getting a group for any heroic 2-4+ quests. I just type in General and within 15 seconds I have at least 3 whispers, and the group is formed and we mow down the quest objectives with ease.
This comment is pretty useless without you specifying what planet you're on. Starting from Alderaan just grabbing 4 random people wasn't exactly enough to be able to do heroic 4 quests. You really needed a tank, a healer and 2 dps which is and was a real pain to find, as dps I generally don't even bother making groups, if I see one I'll jump in, if I don't I move on to the next planet.
Alanya - Sorcerer [50]

Katahn
12.29.2011 , 08:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by brunen View Post
Skrim is thataway. This is an MMO. You might want to look up what that means.
Actually it is an MMORPG where the RP means Role-playing, so if you want to insist that the "MMO" portion has to equate with "group or play something else" you open yourself up to the "RP" portion equating with "if you aren't going to role-play go play something else".

The MMO portion of MMORPG just means that it has a lot of people playing in the same game world at the same time - it says no more about "you must be forced to group" than the RP portion says "you must be forced to role-play".
Katahn
- Just an aging geek that remembers seeing Ep4 in the theater as a kid and knows that Han shot first!

Sivri
12.29.2011 , 08:27 AM | #17
The biggest problem I've had with the heroic 4 quests is getting a new player in, if someone disconnected and didn't come back. Let me give you an example from last night:

We were doing the first Heroic 4 quest on Taris yesterday around midnight GMT, me and my quest-buddy had been in the zone for a couple of hours and had been placed on Taris 2 when we zoned in. We took with us one guildee and one random healer into the quest-zone, and it went well, right until our healer disconnected in the middle of the quest-update-dialogue. She was gone for almost ten minutes, during which we decided to kick and replace (because well, if people don't come back within that amount of time, they're usually not coming back) but we were wrong, and she did 4 minutes after her kick, log back on and whispered us upon where we -tried- to re-invite her, but we had conflicting group phases apparently (even though she disconnected inside of our group phase, it wasn't where she appeared when she got back in) which we solved with that little button-thing the game has for it.
.. The second problem is that now, she couldn't get to Taris 2 because it was depopulating, and we were stood in the middle of this thing not having so many viable for running out without a massive case of sudden death. She did try to get into our phase from Taris 1 but it was impossible, and so she gave up trying and we had to look for a replacement and we decide that since there's the problems with Taris 2 depopulating, we should move to Taris 1 - which we run outside the instance to do.
By the time we found a replacement, the whole thing had reset -.-
So all in all it ended up taking ages instead of being a smooth run, and it really bugs me that it seemed we couldn't be re-united with our returning healer :/

So atop of the fact that it's hard enough to get a group for some, in my eyes you're also dependant on people not disconnecting, which unfortunately happens now and then.
Leader of The Clandestine Community - The Clandestine Recruitment
Siara - Republic Human - The Progenitor
For profit and freedom

Alcarinn
12.29.2011 , 08:29 AM | #18
Bunch of crybabies really...

I am lvl 32 Trooper Vanguard and i did every single heroic 2 and heroic 4 quest.... either by joining groups or making them myself...

Never took me longer than 5 min to create or find a group for the quest...

And i got the game the day it officially started so 20th...

Dont complain about quests since you have enough to skip anyway and come back for story later

TheSwamper
12.29.2011 , 08:30 AM | #19
While I have little trouble finding groups (it's easier for any you can access from the fleet station), I wouldn't like to see longer missions.

My preference would be that they let you take 3 of your companions with you instead of a max of 1.

fluffydelusions
12.29.2011 , 08:32 AM | #20
I never had an issue finding groups. I've done +4 with 2 companions and it worked out fine.