Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Exploit Action

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.19.2016 , 04:18 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

As many of you may have heard rumor of, there was an exploit which was introduced in Game Update 4.3. We have since addressed the issue and the exploit is no longer possible. However I wanted to share some details on what happened and what action we are taking. Without going into too much detail, there was an issue tied to certain players accounts which allowed them to very easily create large quantities of credits through use of in-game mail and trading. We got reports over the past few days that players randomly received very large sums of credits and this was instrumental in helping us find isolate who had participated.

As of this post, many of the offenders have had their accounts banned. If at any time since 4.3 launched you received a very large and unexpected quantity of credits through in-game mail, trade, the GTN, or saw them moving through your Guild please send me a PM with the following information:
  • Your character name
  • Server
  • Character who sent you those credits
  • Guild (if applicable)

Similarly, if you received a large quantity of credits do not move those credits. As with previous exploits, players who knowingly help exploiters avoid detection will also have action taken against their accounts. We are still investigating the accounts which used this exploit and we are in the process of removing that currency from the economy. As always, thank you to the vast majority of our players who did not participate. Many of you messaged us privately regarding the issue and were instrumental in us isolating and addressing the issue.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

gabigool
04.19.2016 , 04:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As many of you may have heard rumor of, there was an exploit which was introduced in Game Update 4.3. We have since addressed the issue and the exploit is no longer possible.

-eric
Good stuff; GJ & thanks.

BenKatarn
04.19.2016 , 04:26 PM | #3
I hope sending money from one of my characters to another won't cause any problems. I sent like a million credits to a new character I had created the other day to buy character perks that way instead of spending Cartel Coins.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -

Deshiel
04.19.2016 , 04:31 PM | #4
Never heard of any exploit like that, but my guess that its related to the credit sellers??

OrionSol
04.19.2016 , 04:37 PM | #5
Thank you! I was wondering why prices seemed to be out of control
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

SirUrza
04.19.2016 , 04:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
I hope sending money from one of my characters to another won't cause any problems. I sent like a million credits to a new character I had created the other day to buy character perks that way instead of spending Cartel Coins.
It won't, they're looking for specific activities that generated these credits and then tracking these credits as they were filtered out to the general population.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

usctrojans
04.19.2016 , 05:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
Honest players getting trampled by cheaters' actions? This is one of the reasons I dislike MMORPGs.

TX_Angel
04.19.2016 , 05:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
I was rather surprised when all the packs and chance cubes that I listed sold. Not even for crazy prices, 450k for the packs and 250k for the chance cubes, neither of which strikes me as a crazy price, but they all sold in about an hour.

If it turns out those are "hacked credits", I'm happy to give them back, but I'd like the packs and cubes back please.
Want 7 days of free sub? Want a box of free stuff? Want to say thank you to whatever I posted above? Click here to use my referral link.

Jeweledleah
04.19.2016 , 05:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TX_Angel View Post
I was rather surprised when all the packs and chance cubes that I listed sold. Not even for crazy prices, 450k for the packs and 250k for the chance cubes, neither of which strikes me as a crazy price, but they all sold in about an hour.

If it turns out those are "hacked credits", I'm happy to give them back, but I'd like the packs and cubes back please.
I can guarantee you that not all of those were bought by exploiters. for example 450k per pack (for new packs) is my threshold to buy them and if I hop into a game and see them listed? i WILL buy them, becasue that comes out to 13 mil per hypercrate which, again is my buying thershold with new prices.

the weird part was when items were listed for 80mil, items that don't usually even go for nearly that much.. and would sell within minutes.

Theeko
04.19.2016 , 05:27 PM | #10
Oh wow so it really was an exploit, kind of odd to see all those high priced items selling again so fast i guess