Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfers Important Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfers Important Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.19.2016 , 12:49 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Heads up on a change that is coming next Tuesday (4/26). Leading up to the Fallen Empire launch, we greatly reduced the cost of Character Transfers from 1,800 CC down to 90 CC. This was done to accommodate players who were interested in transferring characters to join their friends who were returning to or joining the game. This was a limited time offer which will be coming to an end. Starting Tuesday, the new price will be 1,000 CC which is adjusted to below the former rate of 1,800 CC. We feel this gives our players the option to Transfer at a reasonable rate while being in line with other services we offer, like name changes.

Anytime we talk about Transfers, players ask us about the possibility of removing the Regional Transfers restriction which is currently in place. The team is very actively investigating how we can lift this restriction, and hopefully soon. I will pass on updates (timing, pricing, etc.) as I have them, but know that the team is working towards making that happen.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AlienEyeTX
04.19.2016 , 12:52 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Heads up on a change that is coming next Tuesday (4/26). Leading up to the Fallen Empire launch, we greatly reduced the cost of Character Transfers from 1,800 CC down to 90 CC. This was done to accommodate players who were interested in transferring characters to join their friends who were returning to or joining the game. This was a limited time offer which will be coming to an end. Starting Tuesday, the new price will be 1,000 CC which is adjusted to below the former rate of 1,800 CC. We feel this gives our players the option to Transfer at a reasonable rate while being in line with other services we offer, like name changes.

Anytime we talk about Transfers, players ask us about the possibility of removing the Regional Transfers restriction which is currently in place. The team is very actively investigating how we can lift this restriction, and hopefully soon. I will pass on updates (timing, pricing, etc.) as I have them, but know that the team is working towards making that happen.

Thanks!

-eric
Thanks for the heads-up!

Don't get caught with your pants down, people! If you have characters to move, get on it!
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

JennyFlynn
04.19.2016 , 12:54 PM | #3
Thanks for the heads up! Should probably sticky this for the upcoming week.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

alexsamma
04.19.2016 , 12:55 PM | #4
90cc transfers was one of the best ideas that you ever implemented, it allowed players to move from server to server to play with different groups of friends, seek out competition (mainly in reference to pvp), or recover from an aborted raid group ---- it was a cheap method of dealing with the lack of cross-server technology.

I implore you not to raise the cost until the development team is ready to address the lack of cross-server infrastructure.

AlienEyeTX
04.19.2016 , 12:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Should probably sticky this for the upcoming week.
That is an excellent suggestion.

Still, there will be a small wave of fury from people who just don't pay attention and get stuck in the middle of a move.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

TUXs
04.19.2016 , 12:57 PM | #6
Wow...I thought the next move would be free, not $10. Bumping up the price is just poor management Eric. It's too bad you guys are doing this...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Jmenks
04.19.2016 , 01:01 PM | #7
Not a good idea, especially for pvpers doing this for ranked action because of lack of cross server or mega servers. Actually makes no sense........well I guess it does, gotta make that $$$$.

Star Forge
(bot)

JennyFlynn
04.19.2016 , 01:03 PM | #8
Well people have a week left to transfer over at a cheap rate and after that I guess we'll see how server populations stabilize or collapse with the rates cranked back up as people won't easily continue jumping back and forth across servers, not with those prices.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

SirUrza
04.19.2016 , 01:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jmenks View Post
Not a good idea, especially for pvpers doing this for ranked action because of lack of cross server or mega servers. Actually makes no sense........well I guess it does, gotta make that $$$$.
There are so few viable servers for pvp I'd argue serious pvpers should have 65s on all viable servers instead of transferring between.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Going
04.19.2016 , 01:04 PM | #10
Leave the price! Do not raise it. Wow
Not Null
Godlovesugly
Fahc