Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to Character Transfer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What happened to Character Transfer?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tolkyyn
04.14.2016 , 02:39 PM | #1
When I try it says: "The character transfer service is currently unavailable.
Please check back later."

Anyone know about this?

ArkhaanPremiare
04.14.2016 , 02:42 PM | #2
It means it's currently unavailable. Please check back later.

TaitWatson
04.14.2016 , 02:42 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey there,

Over the past few days, we’ve noticed some issues with the Character Transfer service that caused players to be unable to use their newly-transferred character. While the team investigates the issue, we have taken Character Transfers offline.

Players who have a character in an unusable state following a transfer, please submit a ticket to CS so that we can get the unusable character fixed. If you have already submitted a ticket to CS, the team has been given the information and is working to get you back in a good state.

Thank you for your understanding, and we will keep you updated on the return of transfers!

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
04.14.2016 , 02:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
Hey there,

Over the past few days, we’ve noticed some issues with the Character Transfer service that caused players to be unable to use their newly-transferred character. While the team investigates the issue, we have taken Character Transfers offline.

Players who have a character in an unusable state following a transfer, please submit a ticket to CS so that we can get the unusable character fixed. If you have already submitted a ticket to CS, the team has been given the information and is working to get you back in a good state.

Thank you for your understanding, and we will keep you updated on the return of transfers!

-Tait
Are you bringing it back with the free transfers from the other day(night)?
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Klintrin
04.14.2016 , 02:59 PM | #5
I'm hoping they give us free transfers to make up for the downtime. I wanted to finish transferring my legacy but now I have toons split across 3 servers.
klinti

<nerd on nerd violence>

JWagner
04.14.2016 , 03:01 PM | #6
The transfers were never intended to be free. It was a side effect to one of the changes they made, so when it's back up, it'll likely be at its normal price

Tolkyyn
04.14.2016 , 03:05 PM | #7
Thank you, Tait, I appreciate the message. I hope it's fixed soon!

TUXs
04.14.2016 , 03:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
The transfers were never intended to be free. It was a side effect to one of the changes they made, so when it's back up, it'll likely be at its normal price
You don't really believe that do you? They had a web page built for it and everything - the free moves were from certain servers to a certain server only.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Banthabreeder
04.14.2016 , 03:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ArkhaanPremiare View Post
It means it's currently unavailable. Please check back later.
Ha ha ha ha. You couldn't have been any clearer in your response.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

CrazyCT
04.14.2016 , 05:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
You don't really believe that do you? They had a web page built for it and everything - the free moves were from certain servers to a certain server only.
Every server was available for transfer. I may have (ab)used it for a few character name changes, but there definitely was every server to every server available. The list had "pre-choice" buttons at the right with servers I had characters on, so I didn't need to select a server, wait on it loading, select the character, then wait on the transfer server list to load up - but every server was available on both sides of the list.

The "web-page" they "built" for it was just a list of available US servers that someone copy/pasted from the Transfer page, and the list obviously changed from it being copy/pasted to me seeing it, cause I double checked after people asked - it didn't have EU servers on it, but they clearly were when I went to the page.
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?