Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eternal Championship - Boss 6 and 7 Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Eternal Championship - Boss 6 and 7 Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jedi_riches
04.12.2016 , 02:44 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JediUmbra View Post
Experience: Skillful. Majority of HM/NM cleared
Companion: Overall, I still find the difficulty level too low, even in 192 gear.
You say that yet you also say that you done the majority of HM/NM ops, your skill level balances out the lesser gear, just like how when I first started the game I could not complete the stater planet without gear after a while I found that it was super easy to run around in all orange shells for about 12 levels (this was even before 4.0 when it got even easier).

But then again, I am totally struggling to see who exactly Eternal Championship is aimed at, I know what Bioware stated but I am not sure it satisfy's either criteria.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

CommanderKeeva
04.12.2016 , 09:09 AM | #12
I've just finished these two bosses on all classes, so here's the feedback. I was using a set of legacy 224 gear on all these characters with companion influences ranging between 40 and 50.

Breaktown Browler & King Crush & Mister Ripper:

General:

No matter how many times I do this, regardless of gear, skill and companion Influence level, I still find this boss the most difficult by far in the entire championship. This stems from the fact that you need to simultaneously control the aggro of three enemies, which you can only do with taunts/melee attacks. This makes the entire encounter very ranged unfriendly. This is a lot easier on melee classes I think, especially classes with taunts. I strongly suggest giving temporary taunt abilities for classes that lack them, similar to the ones we gain by picking up Drake Raven's belt. Also, I think the adds have too much HP and they die too slowly. The whole fight is tedious because of that, so maybe consider dropping their HP somewhat.

Guardian / Juggernaut - Vigilance/Vengeance:

Spoiler

Sentinel / Marauder - Annihilation/Watchman:

Spoiler

Shadow / Assassin - Serenity / Hatred:

Spoiler

Sage / Sorcerer - Balance / Madness:

Spoiler

Vanguard / Powertech - Plasmatech / Pyrotech:

Spoiler

Commando / Mercernary - Gunnery / Arsenal:

Spoiler

Scoundrel / Operative - Dirty Fighting / Lethality:

Spoiler

Gunslinger / Sniper:

Spoiler
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

DarthThuzad
04.12.2016 , 07:49 PM | #13
Class: Sorcerer
Spec: Madness
Gear: Mixed. Average about 220.
Experience: Majority of HM and some NiM cleared.
Companion: Lana, inf 50 heal spec

About my fourth time running the arena. Picked up Deathless this time around.

Boss 6 has improved with the adds being susceptible to CC and whatnot. I can simply send Lana over to the add I'm not focusing, have her do her mez, then I'm all set for a little while. If I regain threat on that add, I can toss an electrocute and/or knockback on him and I'd be fine. Another complaint's more of a frivolous annoyance, but what's the point of the Brawler channeling his "Unbeatable" (forgot what it was called) immunity spell for nearly 20 seconds when the adds are dead and there's literally nothing else for us to do?

Boss 7's become a little more tolerable with the visible mines. True, there is still high damage, but this fight's just about good to go.

I still say if you are not going to buff the damage of Boss 8, that encounter should be boss 6 with Brawler being 7, Nocturno being boss 8.
Azear- Sith Juggernaut Sinshara-Sith Assassin
Melee Forever- Powertech Vashara - Sith Sorcerer

<Morons and Mayhem >