Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New map is amazing.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New map is amazing.

Alericus
04.07.2016 , 06:15 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Iona_Var View Post
It's only boring if all you do is wander the hallways looking to death match. Honestly they could've just added Rishi and call it good but they added a map where you actually need to play objectives and people QQ. I'm not saying I love the map, I'd honestly prefer Huttball or Civil War but it's not terrible.
See maybe that's the issue and let me be clear I'm not complaining but the issue ive seen everytime is the teams that realize this map is 100% objective based, bam WIN. The deathmatcher/dueling/smash monkeys..OMG..they are lost and guaranteed loss every time.

I guess the only way I could be proven correct is if they did introduce a option to only chose arenas versus regular warzones to see how that would affect pops.

As it is once the rotation starts up hopefully it will breath a little life and energy into daily pvp.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

Zardar_Thrad
04.07.2016 , 06:23 AM | #32
I kinda agree on this one, with the first look it seemed terrible,and the forced promotion of the same wz loop didnt help. But give it time, it really is nice,i just think there are too many buffs(slices),there should be 2 tops(imo).
Zardar (Operative Dps) Radraz (Powetech Tank)

TRE - The Zardar Legacy

Lhancelot
04.07.2016 , 07:03 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
Hey, if a punch is thrown at me, I'm not exactly gonna just take it with a laughing face, if you know what I mean.

Do remind yourself of the generally distasteful and overblown manner people have shown against this new WZ. Consider the bit more toxic reactions from people like me a "counterweight."

(ps) weren't you the one who made a separate thread and exclaimed how a mere, single new WZ is supposed to be "the end of PvP" ?
You may not like how someone expresses their negative opinion on a topic, but that's no excuse to scoff and LOL at people and then proclaim how they are inferior because they called the map "complex".

That's not being a counterweight to differing opinions, that's being a condescending jerk.

Also, since when is being critical of a PVP wz map "toxic"?

I always viewed the word "toxic" as a word that describes social aggressiveness and/or anti-social behavior that involves verbally attacking other people to demean them etc.? You know, kind of like what some of your supporters who defended the map said when they called others stupid for not liking it?

Sure, hyperbole maybe in effect here, but when is it not on the forums? Often times it's the only way to get some attention, and that can be for a good cause or for simple trolling on an individual's part.

I still find it lowbrow to make fun of people's English, or their supposed diminished intellectual level due to them describing a map as "complex", etc.

But whatever. I am glad someone enjoys this new map, at least all the dev work didn't go to nothing, afterall.

I have adjusted to it, and do I find it the most revolting map ever? Yes, probably.

I still find it separates people too much, I don't like how it's so spread out and big, and I think the flashing buffs and floaty things are overkill. The map layout is not accomodating for melee, as a sorc/sin I can PW to so many safe spots to avoid death and no matter what enemies will not get to me.

I would also counter that saying this map is "amazing" is a bit hyperbolic too, or as you say, "overblown".
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

ChaosIsGolden
04.07.2016 , 07:45 AM | #34
I found it confusing the first few times, even after watching streamers, but after a few matches and learning the mechanics, I found it refreshing. Objectives are the key to winning, and its not quite so easy for a healer to kite if their guarding or trying to hold an objective. So while Novare is still my favorite, I'm happy to see this new map added to the roster. And if they keep putting some thought into new content, I'm hopeful for the next pvp map and operation.

ahzecklawd
04.07.2016 , 08:14 AM | #35
Those who call it complicated,are the ones running to their Line @Huttball.

Wait for Points > Go > Smash Buttons > Yell @your Team for interrupting your Capture-Point instead of Enemies (#Priceless) > Hope4Best > Move2Next Point > Repeat.
Tickled / TÓckled / TÓck
Reg Eclipse (Out / AD-/RQ)

Bubblegum

FlarvawkusTDH
04.07.2016 , 08:23 AM | #36
Amazing is a bit of a stretch.. After doing about 20 runs through it, it's really grown on me. If you're looking to max out dps numbers it's not the wz for you. But I do like the strategic elements to it, and it is a nice change of pace.

DarthOvertone
04.07.2016 , 10:50 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardar_Thrad View Post
I kinda agree on this one, with the first look it seemed terrible,and the forced promotion of the same wz loop didnt help. But give it time, it really is nice,i just think there are too many buffs(slices),there should be 2 tops(imo).
My only issue with the Battle Mods is their RNG factor. When properly utilized these buffs provide a very significant advantage, especially given the size of the map. Even if you want to displace a team using them, you may not have enough time to reach them. I don't mind them being RNG, but if they are going to be RNG, then the strength of the buffs needs to be toned down a bit.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

sumquy
04.07.2016 , 11:41 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
My only issue with the Battle Mods is their RNG factor. When properly utilized these buffs provide a very significant advantage, especially given the size of the map. Even if you want to displace a team using them, you may not have enough time to reach them. I don't mind them being RNG, but if they are going to be RNG, then the strength of the buffs needs to be toned down a bit.
my only issue is with the derps who spend the entire match running around with the buff because they don't know what it is, refuse to read the tooltip, and cry about how suck the wz is when they lose.

one thing i do like about it is, since most of my pvp toons are ranged, i can sit outside the node and shoot at the poor melee guarding it, and force them to come to me or die. lol.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

kweassa
04.07.2016 , 06:34 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
You may not like how someone expresses their negative opinion on a topic, but that's no excuse to scoff and LOL at people and then proclaim how they are inferior because they called the map "complex".
And where did I scoff and LOL at people when they simply proclaimed how they are inferior because they called the map "complex"? I scoffed and LULD at people who were using 'complextity' as an excuse to diss the new WZ, as in, "oh us premade guys are fine, but pugs will never get it because they're too stupid". There's a difference, and a big one.

Quote:
That's not being a counterweight to differing opinions, that's being a condescending jerk.
And what, the knee-jerk, unconstructive hater mentality running rampant is supposed to be an "opinion" now? You're headed in a very weak position where you're trying to paint classic internet tantrums and mass hysteria (which is certainly not unheard of -- quite common, actually) as some kind of public consensus, which it is not.

Notice which kind of remarks I refute -- do I target the people who're saying that they just don't like it? Do I target the people who say they hate playing the same map over again?

Or do I target those who spread misconceptions about the new WZ, which they clearly do not understand, and therefore flood the forums with biased and one-sided hate-opinions which may effect countless numbers of people who have not been to it yet by givint them a wrong preconception?

Quote:
Also, since when is being critical of a PVP wz map "toxic"?

I always viewed the word "toxic" as a word that describes social aggressiveness and/or anti-social behavior that involves verbally attacking other people to demean them etc.? You know, kind of like what some of your supporters who defended the map said when they called others stupid for not liking it?

Sure, hyperbole maybe in effect here, but when is it not on the forums? Often times it's the only way to get some attention, and that can be for a good cause or for simple trolling on an individual's part.

I still find it lowbrow to make fun of people's English, or their supposed diminished intellectual level due to them describing a map as "complex", etc.

But whatever. I am glad someone enjoys this new map, at least all the dev work didn't go to nothing, afterall.

I have adjusted to it, and do I find it the most revolting map ever? Yes, probably.
"Toxic" is simply another word for "spicy".

Quote:
I still find it separates people too much, I don't like how it's so spread out and big, and I think the flashing buffs and floaty things are overkill. The map layout is not accomodating for melee, as a sorc/sin I can PW to so many safe spots to avoid death and no matter what enemies will not get to me.

I would also counter that saying this map is "amazing" is a bit hyperbolic too, or as you say, "overblown".
And that's your opinion.
My opinion? You still don't get it.
"To everything, there is a first step. The first steps in becoming better at PvP, is to acknowledge the fact that you totally suck. There's no shame in this -- even the greatest of players have been there, done that.
Stop complaining. Ask more questions. People are happy to help."

Arodtwelve
04.07.2016 , 07:13 PM | #40
I don't like the map. When I queue solo and it comes up I'll leave it just like I leave arenas when I get those solo. To those of you who do like it. Enjoy
Dyin aint much of a livin, boy - Josey Wales