Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Chapter: Visions in the dark - Post your thoughts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Chapter: Visions in the dark - Post your thoughts

Codedrago
04.05.2016 , 06:38 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
The Emperor was beaten and only got a spark left, he got back only because Revan messed it up. Are you saying the Emperor's Voice, his host body, was weaker than Arcann?
Yes, The Emperor's voice was extremely weakened by that point.

Quote:
Because this "better way" is discrediting both the Jedi and the Sith, I chose to play a Jedi/Sith, not to see the character gives up the way and try some stupid new thing I've never heard of
It doesn't discredit the jedi and sith, it saids ''You know, this guy has curbstommped both these orders even without his fleet. Maybe we need to do more then just trying to do the same thing". Plus, you have the option to not give up your ideals.
It's not that you disagree, it's how you disagree
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

Slowpokeking
04.05.2016 , 06:40 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Codedrago View Post
Yes, The Emperor's voice was extremely weakened by that point.
It's still strong than his son. It's not like the Emperor's voice would be owned by Lana/Koth.

Quote:
It doesn't discredit the jedi and sith, t saids ''You know, this guy has curbstommped both these orders even without his fleet. Maybe we need to do more then just trying to do the same thing"
He didn't curbstomp the orders with his Force skills, just his fleet was too strong.
Would Exar Kun, Revan, Exiled, Naga Sadow, Darth Nihilus lose to him? NO, then it simply means you are not strong enough in your own way. The game did it simply because it was putting different classes into one storyline.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Max_Killjoy
04.05.2016 , 06:41 PM | #123
The Jedi and Sith orders both have their faults and their dogmatic/ideological blindspots. However, both have very valuable and important things to teach a force user.

I'd think by now with everything we've seen in the movies, animated series, and these games... that wouldn't be an item of contention. In the movies alone, we see the Jedi and the Sith come up against the limits and faults of their respective dogmas.

Codedrago
04.05.2016 , 06:41 PM | #124
Arcann himself is garbage if we form a team to get in and defeat him
Arcann is a powerful threat that raided both Korriban and other core worlds without the Eternal Fleet, he's defeated the Outlander in battle, coupled with even Valkorion telling you how powerful Arcann and Vaylin are, he's more then just garbage.

Quote:
She was able to help against Revan, so was Theron
We also got
Senya, a elite Zakuul knight.
Xalek
Scorpio
Qyzen Fess
A powerful ancient Dashade.

Plus those who were recruited during the Star Fortress missions

I don't see how we weren't able to defeat him, actually, stomp him with these people.

What do we need to get to Arcann? Force skill? NO, infiltrate to the throne.
What do you need to get to Arcann? Resources, armies, ships, power and an opening to get to the throne. Which is defended by the Eternal Fleet. We at this point have absolutely no chance of getting to Arcann.
You're a white knight if you like Bioware, you're a whiner if you hate them, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle.
Why don't go and click this referral link . Please? Pwetty Pwease with a Vette on top?

Jillak
04.05.2016 , 06:44 PM | #125
I do ultimately think this chapter felt a lot more inline with 1-9, which is nice.

Spoiler

Slowpokeking
04.05.2016 , 06:44 PM | #126
Arcann is a powerful threat that raided both Korriban and other core worlds without the Eternal Fleet, he's defeated the Outlander in battle, coupled with even Valkorion telling you how powerful Arcann and Vaylin are, he's more then just garbage.
Without? Without the Eternal Fleet's blockade and destroying the enemy's fleet, how would he have got the chance to step on Korriban? Even though, without his brother he would have been dead.

He was able to defeat the SI only because he/she was having a lightsaber duel with him, if you pay attention to the scene.

Quote:
What do you need to get to Arcann? Resources, armies, ships, power and an opening to get to the throne. Which is defended by the Eternal Fleet. We at this point have absolutely no chance of getting to Arcann.
No, infiltration is what you needed, if you can take the Eternal Fleet head on, you don't even need to aim against the throne.

My Referral Code.

JennyFlynn
04.05.2016 , 06:44 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
The Jedi and Sith orders both have their faults and their dogmatic/ideological blindspots. However, both have very valuable and important things to teach a force user.

I'd think by now with everything we've seen in the movies, animated series, and these games... that wouldn't be an item of contention. In the movies alone, we see the Jedi and the Sith come up against the limits and faults of their respective dogmas.
So true, well said.
♥♥LORD SCOURGE & DARTH MARR FOR ROMANCE!!♥♥
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one eh?"
Click my referral to start your own story now incl. 7 days of subscriber level access and many other goods!

Codedrago
04.05.2016 , 06:45 PM | #128
It's still strong than his son. It's not like the Emperor's voice would be owned by Lana/Koth.
No, the voice is weaker then most of the villains we face post-50.

Quote:
He didn't curbstomp the orders with his Force skills, just his fleet was too strong.
He did this before in the raids, without using the fleet. He personally went into battle and slayed hundreds of jedi and Sith. Yes, he used the fleet when he conquered the galaxy, but that doesn't discredit him as a fighter.

Quote:
Would Exar Kun, Revan, Exiled, Naga Sadow, Darth Nihilus lose to him? NO, then it simply means you are not strong enough in your own way. The game did it simply because it was putting different classes into one storyline.
Exar Kun, Naga Shadow and Nihilus are as powerful as Valkorion, which again, does not make Arcann any less threatening. And I think Arcann would have a pretty good chance against Revan.

Codedrago
04.05.2016 , 06:48 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post

Yes, they are valuable. But that doesn't mean a new approach wouldn't be useful. Besides, what Marr and Satele saids isn't definate as you can still stick to your dogma and still achieve the same powerful weapon that supposedly will help.

Slowpokeking
04.05.2016 , 06:50 PM | #130
No, the voice is weaker then most of the villains we face post-50.
How? The Voice got the Emperor's power and will with him, even at a weakened state, there is no way such a planet eater would be weaker than Arcann, someone almost got killed by a bomb/machinery.

Quote:
He did this before in the raids, without using the fleet. He personally went into battle and slayed hundreds of jedi and Sith. Yes, he used the fleet when he conquered the galaxy, but that doesn't discredit him as a fighter.
He led tons of Zakuul knights with him, plus his brother, and he still almost died..

Quote:
Exar Kun, Naga Shadow and Nihilus are as powerful as Valkorion, which again, does not make Arcann any less threatening. And I think Arcann would have a pretty good chance against Revan.
So why should Satele Shan/Darth Marr, the wise jedi master/Sith lord, ask you to give up the Jedi/Sith way since they knew these great figures? It's like Yoda asking Luke to give up the Jedi way to defeat the Emperor, you know the Jedi way indeed failed.

My Referral Code.