Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost legendary player status

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GrayWatchman's Avatar


GrayWatchman
03.10.2016 , 03:53 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by lwsupremacy View Post
I just got a response from customer service suggesting that I spend my cartel coins to transfer any missing classes around to get my status back. Frankly, it's incredibly insulting that they expect me to pay for their mistake. I already paid a lot of ccs to get my status the first time around since I play characters on a few different servers. Sigh.

That's a pathetic response and still doesn't help those people who deleted their classes after having played the story. For anyone who completed all the stories on one sever and then decided to refine their playtime down to two mains, deleting all alts, this is a kick in the teeth. Not to mention that there's no promise that this kind of thing won't happen again in another patch. This is their mistake, don't spend a dime of your money or cartel coins to fix it. They need to resolve it.

I know more than a few already disgruntled founders & subscribers who will be quitting within the next fortnight if this isn't sorted out. It may seem liike a trivial response but that 'Legendary Status' is symbolic of the time (and money for me) that people invested into this game. If they do nothing on this issue it tells me that they don't really care about their customers. I've been here and subscribing since day 1 but it that's the response we get (or no response at all) I'll be walking from the game.

GrayWatchman's Avatar


GrayWatchman
03.10.2016 , 03:29 PM | #32
Just an update on this, for anyone still in my position - missing their well earned Legendary Status. I sent a ticket to Customer Services and they contacted me to confirm that I wasn't using some kind of boosted 60+ character to run through stories. Of course I hadn't done that, I've run through all stories to completion from level 1 up. They said that they are investigating accounts that have legitimately completed all the stories even if they don't have the actual characters any more. We need to bear with them til it's sorted.

But gawd this game seems to punish anyone who went wild and completed all stories but then decided to delete 6 and keep 2 mains. Playing in moderaton is not welcome it seems! I have no problem paying for a game I enjoy (if the service is good) no matter how many/few toons I have. I'll stlll support this game as long as we can regain the recognition that we're due.

Anyone else still having problems?

Robeex's Avatar


Robeex
03.10.2016 , 03:48 PM | #33
I also have the problem. Many months ago, I ran all 8 class stories from lvl 1 to lvl 55. Had my gold star name tag, and full heroics. After that last patch, I lost my trooper and my gold star, as well as an heroics attack. I would p[ost on the thread, but see nothing that allows me to post to the topic.

lwsupremacy's Avatar


lwsupremacy
03.10.2016 , 09:39 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by GrayWatchman View Post
I know more than a few already disgruntled founders & subscribers who will be quitting within the next fortnight if this isn't sorted out. It may seem liike a trivial response but that 'Legendary Status' is symbolic of the time (and money for me) that people invested into this game. If they do nothing on this issue it tells me that they don't really care about their customers. I've been here and subscribing since day 1 but it that's the response we get (or no response at all) I'll be walking from the game.

I know what you mean! I'm also a founder/been playing since beta and this is just the latest slap in the face.

This afternoon customer service replied to me again:

Quote:
After reviewing this issue I have investigated your achievements to see if you are still missing the status after the latest patch, upon my inspection I was able to see according to our system all the chapters have been completed as such your Legendary Status has returned.
Relieved, I logged in to check my characters and lo behold... I am still missing legendary status. Sigh.

Nytehisagi's Avatar


Nytehisagi
03.11.2016 , 12:11 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by lwsupremacy View Post
This afternoon customer service replied to me again:
How did the contact you? Was it by in-game ticket or by email? I have sent in both- a ticket in game, and a bug report.
the In-game ticket response was that it was not something that CS could do about it and they told me to submit a bug report, which I did, and have heard nothing back yet...
LEGENDARY PLAYER
A'Sharad Hett Legacy
Click my referral link here for free goodies and game time
"You presume limits to my power...There are none." ~Valkorion

LG_XxLegacyxX's Avatar


LG_XxLegacyxX
03.11.2016 , 03:40 AM | #36
Just logged in after the 4.2a patch and my legendary status is gone. It says my Smuggler class story isn't complete (which it is). I'm in the same boat.
OPA GUNGAN STYLE
Daedra (Karagatzu) [The Harbinger]
<Blood Bath and Beyond> PvP/PvE guild

rklontz's Avatar


rklontz
03.11.2016 , 08:58 AM | #37
I deleted my smuggler and sage and still have my title. Looks like it affects some people and some it doesnt.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
03.11.2016 , 03:25 PM | #38 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

We have seen quite a few reports of players who have lost their Legendary Status following Game Update 4.2 on Tuesday. First, a reminder of what Legendary Status is. This system was put in with Knights of the Fallen Empire as a reward for players who had completed all 8 Class Stories all the way through Act 3. We wanted to make sure that their efforts were rewarded, beyond just Achievements alone.

Along with the KotFE launch, we also introduced Start at 60 tokens. Unfortunately, there was a bug where sometimes a character made from a token would grant a completion for Legendary Status. This was not intended as that character never played through and completed Act 3. With Game Update 4.2, we corrected that bug and along with it, removed any unintended progress from Legendary Status. At this time there are a few specific issues that have been raised:

I have a <insert class> that has completed their Class Story but do not have Legendary Status Credit
  • First, please ensure that you have completed that Class story all the way through completion of Act 3, post-Corellia.
  • If you have, log into that Character. We have seen reports that simply logging into that Character will re-grant Legendary Status Credit.
  • Again, Start at 60 Characters will not grant you this credit.

I completed my Class Story with <insert class> but have since deleted that Character
  • Please contact CS.
Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

RiVaN_'s Avatar


RiVaN_
03.11.2016 , 03:39 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We have seen quite a few reports of players who have lost their Legendary Status following Game Update 4.2 on Tuesday. First, a reminder of what Legendary Status is. This system was put in with Knights of the Fallen Empire as a reward for players who had completed all 8 Class Stories all the way through Act 3. We wanted to make sure that their efforts were rewarded, beyond just Achievements alone.

Along with the KotFE launch, we also introduced Start at 60 tokens. Unfortunately, there was a bug where sometimes a character made from a token would grant a completion for Legendary Status. This was not intended as that character never played through and completed Act 3. With Game Update 4.2, we corrected that bug and along with it, removed any unintended progress from Legendary Status. At this time there are a few specific issues that have been raised:

I have a <insert class> that has completed their Class Story but do not have Legendary Status Credit
  • First, please ensure that you have completed that Class story all the way through completion of Act 3, post-Corellia.
  • If you have, log into that Character. We have seen reports that simply logging into that Character will re-grant Legendary Status Credit.
  • Again, Start at 60 Characters will not grant you this credit.

I completed my Class Story with <insert class> but have since deleted that Character
  • Please contact CS.
Thanks!

-eric
I love how this post automatically assumes that the player is wrong and that there isn't a bug with the system....
Nikolete, Scoundrel - Republic Flashfire
Drivan, Sentinel - Souls of Fate

Jedi Covenant

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
03.11.2016 , 03:45 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by RiVaN_ View Post
I love how this post automatically assumes that the player is wrong and that there isn't a bug with the system....
I love how you completely ignore the part where eric states how the issues (note, acknowledges the existence of an issue) can be solved, via re-logging or CS.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.