Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Producer Livestream Recap 3/9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Producer Livestream Recap 3/9
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.09.2016 , 05:15 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned into the Livestream this afternoon. Here is a recap of what we talked about:
Community Topics
  • Eternal Championship - As many of you know we have decided to delay EC, more on this later.
  • Chapter XI Launch - Yesterday was our Early Access launch, tomorrow is the full launch. We know that there were a few pretty nasty bugs present with launch. We will be doing a patch tomorrow to correct some of them, with more changes likely incoming next week.
  • Community content - Just a shout out to all of you great content makers out there. Blogs, podcasts, youtubers. streamers, and more!
Chapter XI: Disavowed
  • Chapter XI is live as of tomorrow.
  • Venture deep into enemy territory and change the course of the war on the Eternal Throne.
  • Disavowed Cartel Market pack is also live.
Odessen Proving Grounds & Rishi Arena
  • Both will launch April 5th
  • Thank you to everyone who tested and provided feedback in making Odessen a great Warzone.
Quality of life improvements coming with Chapter 12 in April
  • Stronghold limit and decoration limit changes
  • Guild Improvements, including a raised cap to 1,000
  • Updated naming which allows spaces
  • PvE and PvP Instance types
  • Updated server select UI
  • Social window improvements
Eternal Championship
  • We will announce the new launch date on the next Producer Livestream
  • PTS planned for the end of March
  • Blog planned for the same time
Chapter XII: Visions in the Dark
  • New information leads to a potentially deadly mission for the Alliance
  • Valkorion, the Eternal Emperor, has brutal plans for the Outlander
  • Special return appearance from some fan-favorite characters!
  • Akghal Usar Recruitment Mission
Thank you everyone for tuning in!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jerba
03.09.2016 , 05:15 PM | #2
Thanks for the stream! Here are my questions:

How does the conquest bonus work for the 5th stronghold? There are plenty of players from my guild interested in that question.

What is your policy on names, and will it be strictly enforced by Customer Service in the future? (like having Jedi or Lord in the title)

With the upcoming PvE/PvP instances, how do the open-world PvP areas on Ilum and Tatooine work in PvE instances? On the PTS, players are not flagged inside those areas, so what will happen to the PvP quests from the Gree event?

Are the new HK-55 weapons from the April subscriber reward bound to legacy?

SolarSaenz
03.09.2016 , 05:16 PM | #3
How will the stronghold conquest bonus be affected now that our max number of strongholds is increased?

squirrelballz
03.09.2016 , 05:16 PM | #4
Eric can you please address why slicing nodes were nerfed from prototype lockboxes to premium lockboxes? Thanks for the update as well.
Referral Link
Referral Benefits
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to
depend greatly on our own point of view." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Pietrastor
03.09.2016 , 05:19 PM | #5
Let's talk Legacy Names sorting in guilds and Main-Character tags:

Legacy Names are NOT unique. What happens when multiple guild members have the same Legacy name? This happens often especially with friends/spouses/families playing in the same guild. Still no way to tell which characters belong to which Player.

You should instead create Main-Character tab and automatically flag first character that joins guild as the Main. If the player brings in more character to the guild they could change it, but since Character Names are actually unique (while Legacy ain't) this would ensure no 2 accounts could be mistaken as the same one due to idential Legacy name.

Warrgames
03.09.2016 , 05:24 PM | #6
When is Rakghoul event coming back?

When am I going to kill Koth?
"I don't like Tatooine, but I do like saying Tatooine." Theron Shan
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/fSvsyK Click for free stuff.
"Nonsense repeated doesn't make it truth." Arcaan

FluxAC
03.09.2016 , 05:24 PM | #7
Please fix force user companions so they can use vibroswords again like pre 4.0.

I have no chars I would want to use the reward on, yet I'd like to have it for Ashara.

Ceinwyn
03.09.2016 , 05:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Chapter XII: Visions in the Dark
So it's a bug that it's called something different currently in-game?

Special return appearance from some fan-favorite characters!
But no reunion with an old companion?

Akghal Usar Recruitment Mission
Does this guy replace Khem Val or we will get two Dashades (which I find unlikely)?

Elyon
03.09.2016 , 05:25 PM | #9
A lot of guildies approached me and voiced concerns and confusion about that legacy name thing. There are options to hide legacy name for a reason, so not everyone can/should be able to read them and know. The question is, who will be able to see that. I seem to recall something about "GM only" which could mean guildmaster only? If anyone has any more details, would be appreciated!

Jerba
03.09.2016 , 05:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyon View Post
A lot of guildies approached me and voiced concerns and confusion about that legacy name thing. There are options to hide legacy name for a reason, so not everyone can/should be able to read them and know. The question is, who will be able to see that. I seem to recall something about "GM only" which could mean guildmaster only? If anyone has any more details, would be appreciated!
Everyone inside the guild can see the legacy name, and it is immediately visible when you open the guild window, you don't even need to change some columns around to see it.