Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Glitch causes game to crash - help!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Glitch causes game to crash - help!

Darknerd
12.13.2011 , 02:30 PM | #1
Hi guys, I have an ATI Radeon HD 5770, with Catalyst version 11.12, and my problem is that whenever I play the game for a few minutes, graphical tearing will happen, then the entire game will just crash, and turn the display into a series of lines matching the general color of the scene. This bug usually happens within ten minutes of starting the game, I haven't even gotten to make my character yet. Once the game crashes, computer freezes and it's impossible to minimize or close the game, so I have to restart my computer. I had this same problem with the very last beta session, but I tested for an earlier session, and this issue was totally absent. In the beta session, the game would freeze every few minutes, redraw the landscape, do this a few more times, then crash and turn into those colored lines I said. PLEASE help, I really want to play
Darknerd - veteran SWG player, home server of Naritus, now defunct.

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 02:34 PM | #2
Try repairing DirectX, just in case? You'll want the full redistributable package from Microsoft's download site.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris)
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

Darknerd
12.13.2011 , 02:56 PM | #3
That was my first guess, I checked dxdiag and it says I have DirectX 11, so I don't know?
Darknerd - veteran SWG player, home server of Naritus, now defunct.

krispynpixi
12.13.2011 , 05:39 PM | #4
Try turning off Vertical Sync and lower your refresh rate in the in-game settings to 60.

I was having similar issues and/or crashes. Im not sure which change fixed it for me, but it was one for sure. If it doesn't fix for you, I'm sorry