Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Eternal Championship

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.04.2016 , 04:27 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We have been doing a lot of internal playtesting on the Eternal Championship and it is currently not at a level that we believe our players deserve. In keeping with our commitment to offer the highest quality experience possible with our latest expansion, we have decided to delay the launch of the Eternal Championship. We are focusing on overall balance, ensuring each boss fight is challenging, endeavoring to exceed quality expectations, and most of all, making sure it is a fun experience. Please note Bowdaar will also be delayed, but will continue to launch alongside the Eternal Championship.

To help ensure we deliver on the deeper experience we promised, we have decided to make the Eternal Championship available on our Public Test Server (PTS) prior to releasing it. We are eager to make this feature as high quality as possible and would love to get your feedback as we work to strengthen it. Once we nail down the release schedule we will let you know how to get access on PTS.

I will provide more information as I have it; our goal is to have more information in the next 4-6 weeks. Thank you.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
03.04.2016 , 04:29 PM | #2
thank youi

Now I expect people to throw a fit about this.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Rankyn
03.04.2016 , 04:30 PM | #3
Disappointing, but better to hold it 'til it's right than release it broken and never fix it.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

MadDutchman
03.04.2016 , 04:33 PM | #4
run eric, they're getting the torches and pitchforks!

on a more serious note, please do release it on PTS sooner rather than later.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

DentMasterson
03.04.2016 , 04:35 PM | #5
This is both disappointing and, hopefully, encouraging. Let us hope that when it is released, the bugs are at a minimum.
8[▀|=====|▀[*]▀|{██████████████████)

SFDebris
03.04.2016 , 04:36 PM | #6
I'm absolutely fine with this, make it something fun and challenging. And since you'll have extra time, hopefully someone can devise some nice rewards to buy with the tokens we'll get instead of just the armor.

"Arthur watched it go, as stunned as a man might be who, having believed himself to be totally blind for five years, suddenly discovers that he had merely been wearing too large a hat."

Referral Link: Not Free Candy

DreadtechSavant
03.04.2016 , 04:39 PM | #7
Ok, its far better to delay this than put out a version you are unhappy with.

Will another companion be available instead like Bliz was last time?

Nightfrogger
03.04.2016 , 04:40 PM | #8
I would rather have it be polished and ready to go personally, but since we are not getting bowdaar this chapter any way we can get a little sneak peak of who we get in their place this chapter?

eriksarcasm
03.04.2016 , 04:41 PM | #9
Relax.... this is a good thing. Noone rational will get riled over this. No pitchforks are being sharpened here on Sarcasm Ranch.
This is communication, and testing, and quality control... exactly what I like to see. More, please
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

Blitz-wing
03.04.2016 , 04:43 PM | #10
So how do i go about getting a refund on this month Sub? The Eternal Championship was the major reason i sub'ed this month.

If it's going to take 4-6 weeks for you to have more information, then you knew 2+ weeks ago that the content was not up to standard & this announcement should have been made then.

Bait & switch from BW again this month.
"Story is flavor. Content is substance....." - KBN '15

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...8&postcount=81