Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Livestream Updates

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.24.2016 , 01:16 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Thanks to all of you who have posted feedback on our Livestreams. Based on your feedback we have some changes planned.

The monthly Producer Livestreams, scheduled the second Thursday of each month have been well received as we are able to address community concerns and offer information into what is coming – so that is going to continue in its current form. The Story Livestream hosted by Charles Boyd, offers insight into the upcoming story chapters. Unfortunately, this is simply not working in the Livestream format. When you guys come to a livestream you are typically there for a few things; a dialog with us, answers to some of your questions/concerns, announcements around content, etc. The focus on sharing story insights just didn’t work in the interactive format of Twitch.

Based on this feedback, we are going to do away with the story livestream. In its place, the team is going to work on a vlog which will provide similar insights in a video format posted on our YouTube channel. This means that if you love getting that information, you will still get it! Plus, the Story vlog will now include gameplay footage and some “first looks” into the next Chapter. This may mean that Charles will crash Ben’s stream now and again to talk a little bit of story, but ultimately that insight will be moved to the video.

Again, thank you all for your feedback on our livestreams. Make sure you don’t miss our next Livestream, the March Producer Livestream, coming March, 10th on Twitch.tv/SWTOR. Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OranoQuanteras
02.24.2016 , 01:33 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
~snip~
Well poodoo...I enjoyed the in-depth discussion about developing some of the personalities involved in KoTFE. I will definitely be checking out the SWTOR Youtube for the vlog. Thanks for the update Eric.
<3 from the Shadowlands <3
Pub sideCadima [JK] Plumma [GS]Valkessa [RC]
Imp sideChantiri [BH]Pri'mera [SM]Sha'reela [IA]
Referal Link 4 Free Stuffs---> http://www.swtor.com/r/tsDwL3

Arkanthos
02.24.2016 , 01:34 PM | #3
Where can we find the Vlog for the story updates again? I have forgotten.

Thanks
Referral Link
http://www.swtor.com/r/ChZM9X

"True strength is the flower of Wisdom, but its seed is action."

squirrelballz
02.24.2016 , 01:36 PM | #4
Thank you for the update Eric much appreciated.
Referral Link
Referral Benefits
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to
depend greatly on our own point of view." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

OwnerJord
02.24.2016 , 01:36 PM | #5
I've enjoyed both the Producer streams and Story streams through Twitch. Particular because they generally go live around when I get into bed, so I have something to watch. That said, I always keep Twitch chat closed, so I had no personal idea the team was getting that sort of feedback in regards to the Story stream.

That said, the new format you're suggesting sounds great. As well as being a Vlog tt sounds like it'll basically be a Patch Trailer of sorts, similar to what other MMO's do (And I'm sure Swtor have done it in the past, but stopped. Might need clarification on this), and personally, this sounds great.

Sound's like it'll be a blast. I'm guessing the first Youtube Story trailer will be around Chapter 13...so Patch 4.3? Again, clarification would be appreciated, but if I am right, I'm looking forward to seeing the way the video get's presented.
"It was not your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war. It was by the actions of one person–the Jedi Revan–that you prevailed. Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity, and the subtlety of Revan's plans."

Jerba
02.24.2016 , 01:38 PM | #6
Somewhat understandable but after looking forward to Thursday's stream, I feel disappointed now. Hope we'll still get a vlog for it sometime soon.

I'm a little worried that you are using part of the Producer Livestream to talk about story. I enjoyed that there is a stream dedicated to game mechanics and system changes; after these updates, I fear time from the producer segment is taken away to talk about story. I hope this is not the case and instead you'll extend the stream time to make sure all the producer stuff is covered in detail.

Will wait and see how the new stream format turns out though, it's too early to judge yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arkanthos View Post
Where can we find the Vlog for the story updates again? I have forgotten. Thanks
Just bookmark this URL: https://www.youtube.com/user/swtheoldrepublic/videos

BlueShiftRecall
02.24.2016 , 01:42 PM | #7
Will we be getting a Story vlog for Chapter 11 or will Chapter 12 be the first?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

Arkanthos
02.24.2016 , 01:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Somewhat understandable but after looking forward to Thursday's stream, I feel disappointed now. Hope we'll still get a vlog for it sometime soon.

I'm a little worried that you are using part of the Producer Livestream to talk about story. I enjoyed that there is a stream dedicated to game mechanics and system changes; after these updates, I fear time from the producer segment is taken away to talk about story. I hope this is not the case and instead you'll extend the stream time to make sure all the producer stuff is covered in detail.

Will wait and see how the new stream format turns out though, it's too early to judge yet.

Just bookmark this URL: https://www.youtube.com/user/swtheoldrepublic/videos
Thanks a bunch
Referral Link
http://www.swtor.com/r/ChZM9X

"True strength is the flower of Wisdom, but its seed is action."

Tobero
02.24.2016 , 02:21 PM | #9
This is sad. I was looking forward to thursday. When will we get the first video? Still on thursday or will it take longer now?

Costello
02.24.2016 , 02:28 PM | #10
After 1 story live stream it is decided it didn't work and its scrapped.

How come community feedback in nearly every other aspect of the game is never acted on so fast. People have been giving feedback on the new chance cubes but they seem to be on offer. People give feedback on bugs and lack of content but nothing is done. People found a guy obsessed with scorpio and Kaylio to be creepy and wrong and suddenly the community has spoke there shall be no more story live streams.

Might it actually be that the idea that every month coming into the live stream and saying how this is the best chapter yet, and that unpopular companion is incredibly popular and really makes you have some tough choices was even too much for you guys to stomach.

I get it, but to suggest that this is driven by player feedback is crazy. It wasn't that it was in a live stream people had problems with it was being lied to. A choice that really matter, there were only 2 choices in the entire story, one is meaningless cause the way the game is set up you seem to be forced to use a new companion for the new content and outside of that have so many companions one less makes no difference. While the second choice made no game play differences and may or may not have a line of dialogue difference in some future chapter.

I'm going to hazard a guess chapter 12 will have no choices and the big reveal will be that scorpio's long lost sister that we saw in chapter 7 controls the eternal fleet and if we can just take out the spire the fleet will fall and then all the amazing eternal empire will turn out to be is a bunch of rich kids and some droids. Still can't work out how they conquered any planets other than orbital bombardment and in that case you could trap the fleet between the planet and a fleet arriving from hyperspace and destroy. Yes it would be costly but to suggest the empire and republic who went down fighting couldn't have worked that out is a bit sad.