Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

psandak
02.19.2016 , 02:24 PM | #21
Yet another...but this one was slightly different (both good and bad)

So I get into a HM Hammer Station on my guardian tank and the group is already at the first boss (not a good sign, but I'm optimistic). We engage the droid and right away I can tell why the last tank either left or was kicked: the healer is not cleansing the targeted laser. I hang in there blowing every CD I have when I have them, and we get the boss down to single digit percentages and I die. I get a battle rev and we win.

So after that fight is over, I comment in group chat to the healer that he would be advised to learn how to cleanse that laser debuff. Not nasty, but firm. He responds by saying that he does not cleanse because the fight is not a challenge if he does.
My - half-joking - retort was, "So are you going to pay my repair bill?"
Another group member chatted, "lol".
The healer said, "how do you feel about getting kicked?"
My response, "GO AHEAD."
the fourth stepped in and said, "shut up <real name>." (obviously they knew each other IRL)

I do not know how long they were waiting for a tank, but I it can be inferred that it was a while and the other did not want to wait again.

The group was smooth after that. I gave the healer a challenge by never stopping after that. During another pull one of the dps died and the healer joked, "now you have to pay her repair bill."

Thank you to the group. Specifically the two DPS for forcing cooler heads to prevail
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

SebastiaanZ
02.19.2016 , 07:29 PM | #22
Yeah this isn't as fun as the original thread ... though I did do five solid HM flashpoints in a row ... Black Talon, Hammer Station and Foundry (Black Talon three times actually). Good thing was definitely that it was a full guild group. Mmmm, sometimes it isn't always bad stories
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

aerockyul
02.19.2016 , 07:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
Yeah this isn't as fun as the original thread ... though I did do five solid HM flashpoints in a row ... Black Talon, Hammer Station and Foundry (Black Talon three times actually). Good thing was definitely that it was a full guild group. Mmmm, sometimes it isn't always bad stories
Maybe it won't achieve well over 7,000 posts like the other thread, but maybe it will get some people interested in doing group content when they read some good stories instead of all the terrible ones. A lot of people see that weird post and don't want to be "in it", so to speak, and stay away from the content, which in turn makes the GF pops longer and gives Bioware more fodder in proving that the community is not interested in group content and should therefore continue to be ignored (or at least pushed to the extreme margins).
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Rienami, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Bookworm_Jedi
02.19.2016 , 11:17 PM | #24
I actually have 2

First was battle of Illum. Zone in, mention I haven't done this one in a year. The jedi guardian ( I think) I'll call him "G" was super supportive and took charge. He gave out simple instructions for the boss "Lik Boss A get adds, avoid circles etc" or "Boss B tank and spank kill adds etc" we did the bonsuses, we joked, the other teammates he gave out roles too and they listened! I was on my dps guardian, so naturally I took the adds, G would tank, and the others did their roles.

I ended up joining G's guild, and whispered we should do more content together. Side note to end a great run, I popped the req levels so I could upgrade my mods soon as I got back on fleet. Wins for all

Second was Directive 7. REALLY hadn't been here in a long time. Last time I think I wa a healer, and being a healer vs dps in FP I barely remember was incredible. Once again I'm on my now Lv. 48 dps guardian, and a very kind 65 jedi gave me clear instructions how to tackle each boss.

Cleared it all in record time, no big glaring deaths and everyone walked away with creds, gear, and no if very little repair bills.

psandak
02.20.2016 , 06:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post
I actually have 2

First was battle of Illum. Zone in, mention I haven't done this one in a year. The jedi guardian ( I think) I'll call him "G" was super supportive and took charge. He gave out simple instructions for the boss "Lik Boss A get adds, avoid circles etc" or "Boss B tank and spank kill adds etc" we did the bonsuses, we joked, the other teammates he gave out roles too and they listened! I was on my dps guardian, so naturally I took the adds, G would tank, and the others did their roles.

I ended up joining G's guild, and whispered we should do more content together. Side note to end a great run, I popped the req levels so I could upgrade my mods soon as I got back on fleet. Wins for all

Second was Directive 7. REALLY hadn't been here in a long time. Last time I think I wa a healer, and being a healer vs dps in FP I barely remember was incredible. Once again I'm on my now Lv. 48 dps guardian, and a very kind 65 jedi gave me clear instructions how to tackle each boss.

Cleared it all in record time, no big glaring deaths and everyone walked away with creds, gear, and no if very little repair bills.
You've hit two VERY important factors:

#1 you said from outset that you were unfamiliar with the FP. While some will up and quit (ignore those), most will be supportive and give instructions.

#2 but equally important is that you and your teams FOLLOWED the instructions given.

I will take three newbs who follow instructions over veterans who try to blow through and/or skip trash and/or ignore mechanics, EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

LonelyWookiee
02.21.2016 , 02:52 PM | #26
Yeah, it's the people who don't follow instructions that really annoy me.
Want free 7 days of subscription time?
And a free server transfer? With a bundle of goodies? Usable every 90 days!
Then use my referral link and login to an existing account or create a new one for these rewards! Details are here.

PaxSithari
02.21.2016 , 11:06 PM | #27
Actually have two stories of awesome people in GF. One a FP, the other an Op.

For the FP: Queued with a guildie, trying to get him some XP. We got Maelstrom, with a 65 Sage, a tank Guardian (don't recall level), guildie is on his 30-something Guardian, I'm on my 65 Scoundrel healer. The other guardian queued as tank, so we treat him as one. Except, he didn't know how to tank, didn't have the gear for it, and was generally not the best player overall, even with coaching. After the 3rd or 4th wipe, I whispered the other sage to apologize for this (not my place, but hey, he was doing well, and didn't want him to get discouraged). He whispered back, and we chat a bit. As it turns out, the sage was in full PVP gear, had transferred to the server a few months ago from a PVP server, and had never done PVE anything. So I'm explaining the place to him, and when it was over offered to run with him again. Long story short, he joined our guild, raids with us, and is having a ball. A great find, thanks to GF!

The OP: The other evening EV was the GF for the day. So a few guildies and I decide to get in on that for some gear for alts, and in my case, some alt leveling. So 4 of us in group from our guild, and we search for a tank and some dps. I get a whisper from a Shadow who said basically "I've never tanked before, and I've never done EV, is that ok?" Well our guild leader, who was on his Sent, also runs a Shadow tank, so I whispered him back that it would be fine, we'll teach as we go, and So-And-So can give pointers on tanking. So he comes, and brings a guildie with him. The run is smooth, a few snafus here and there, but it goes very well. We start talking to the tank and his guildie, and we're hanging out in EV around Soa's corpse chatting for a good 45 minutes afterwards. Guild leader is giving tank some tips, I give the other player some Sage healing 101 lessons, and we're chatting about the game and other MMOs. In a nutshell, made some friends that we can invite for alt runs and open spots, again thanks to GF.
We've forgotten what it is to be Jedi. So I'm going to do some real Jedi work now, and help someone in trouble rather than talk big concepts and run errands for politicians - Bardan Jusik

The Shadowlands, home to awesomeness

KhirsahRoshah
02.22.2016 , 08:19 PM | #28
I had a fantastic first op (outside one-boss ops like Eyeless/Xeno) last night. GF Ravagers, Begeren Colony, advertised on Fleet, with three people from the same guild, including the op leader.

The op leader explained every boss in detail, the trash was LOSed, the tanks didn't lose aggro, the healers were on point. We one-shot everything except Master and Blaster, because most of the raid was unaware of the cleave bug. They were quick to explain it and we proceeded without issue.

After the Cora fight, when one of the tanks had DC'd, and the guildies were quick to put down the one rather derpy DPS who "had done the op before" (and yet kept failing well-explained mechanics) who wanted to rush to Ruugar without waiting, because "ops shouldn't take two hours". Maybe they wouldn't if you followed instructions, buddy...

I got praised by the op leader for my performance when we finished. They already knew it was my first Rav run, but then I told them that it was also my first op, and that my guild doesn't run them, so I don't get a chance to do this kind of content--at which they invited me to join the three of them on raids.

All in all, it was a really good experience, with competent, patient people, who did a great job in leaving me wanting more.

psandak
02.25.2016 , 02:44 PM | #29
Got two more...

Tactical Red Reaper...100% business like. Three 65s and a 61. We all go in, we all know what we are doing, Some minor miscommunications (what direction we are going), and I messed up some pulls, but no one died and no one got angry. And I even learned a few new tricks (to skip trash)

SM TfB - smooth as silk, one shot everything, only two deaths but battle revs happened quickly. Loot rules were explained at the start, everyone was amenable. Ops Leader gave good instructions, and everyone listened.

When things go well, there is not much to say

Edit: make that 3...

Again Tactical Red Reaper...Two 65s (me and another), a 21 DPS and a 42 tank. At the start the tank stated that this was their first tank and first time doing this FP. the other 65 DPS and I said thank you . We walked him through what to do. We had some trouble after the arch shortcut (no one had arch so we had to go the long way), but it was not a wipe. We taught the tank a new term: LOS = Line of Sight...they knew it as "cornering".

The tank asked how they did. we all said pretty good. The other 65 commented that they held agro well considering both 65s were overgeared and bound to pull agro from a 42. I made the comment the the biggest deal was that the newbie tank followed instructions, other 65 agreed.

Rebamcfan
02.26.2016 , 03:07 AM | #30
Sharing one bit story again here
Last night I was queing on GF for a tactical fp and I popped to a Rakata Prime. The group was a level 65 Powertech tank (from same guild as I), a 61 Mercenary damage and a 27 Sith Juggernaut tank. I was playing on my main, a level 65 Sith Sorcerer healer.
The whole run went truly smoothly, we one shotted all the bosses, with no one dying (which seems to be rather common Rakata Prime these days). So yes, it was truly a memorable fp
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn