Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Great and awesome people you meet in Group Finder

aerockyul
02.11.2016 , 01:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
All i meet is total nubs in tactical pops. and i'm queuing healer with hm and tacticals checked.
they do zero dps and the only thing they know about the game is how to click kolto.
Great contribution. Why don't you put this in the Weird people thread?
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Rebamcfan
02.12.2016 , 09:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
All i meet is total nubs in tactical pops. and i'm queuing healer with hm and tacticals checked.
they do zero dps and the only thing they know about the game is how to click kolto.
Don`t have anything nice to say in this thread? This is after all meant to be positive thread to counter "the Weird People you meet on Group Finder"
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

LordTurin
02.12.2016 , 03:42 PM | #13
Just had an awesome Kaon Under Siege run. Had hopped in GF hoping to get it or Lost Island (for the extra conquest) and luckily this popped up. Went in, said hellos, and went on our way (I'd joined solo, and just randomly a guildie was also in the run :-D). Tank was fantastic (and put guard on me right away which is a really good idea. Arsenal Merc in 224 gear...), and healer did a fantastic job keeping us all up and all alive the entire time (the only death was the healer, and that was me and the other dps's fault as he got stunnlocked by a mercenary and we didn't realize it until he was dead ). But we continued on through and beat all the bosses and the whole FP in under an hour. Didn't get to do the secret boss as not everyone had a relic, but was still a great run nonetheless (and I walked out with 9k conquest which is nice ).
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Red_Penny
02.16.2016 , 01:42 PM | #14
I had a really nice GF Explosive Conflict run this weekend on my gunslinger main. It was about half a guild run, i think 4 people were from the same guild. If i remembered the name, i would give them a shout out here. I didn't inspect anyone's achievements, so i don't know if anyone was new, though a couple of players said they were rusty on the details of the operation.

We made it through the first bunch of trash ok, with maybe a death or two, then one-shot the Drouk bosses, no problem.

We took 3-4 tries on Firebrand & Stormcaller, while people figured out their best positioning to handle the spikes and yellow circles.

On to the minefield, one of the tanks knew how to work the tower console, and one was more comfortable on the ground, and it went like a well-oiled machine. One-shot, no deaths.

It took us two tries to beat Kephess. Everyone knew the fight, we didn't lose anyone to reflective shields, but the first time we lost a couple of people to the fire from the walker, and we hit enrage. We had him down to like 1%. One more try, and it went fine.

Never any complaints or ragequits. Just a really pleasant group which made for a fun EC run, which seems kind of rare.

KhirsahRoshah
02.18.2016 , 02:06 AM | #15
I like to add competent people I've met through GF to my friends list and then poke them for future flashpoints. The other day, during Rakghoul week, something slightly different happened--one of them (DPS Guardian) was asking in gen chat for one more to do the Rakghoul heroic, so I joined him on my TK Sage.

As someone who has facetanked far too many things with a squishy class that relies heavily on channels/casting, it was a delight to have a fellow DPS who was aware of his utilities and taunted stuff off me. When I thanked him for it, he said "yeah, I'm not a tank, but it didn't seem like you should be the one getting hit".

Group-aware people are the best. <3

Also, new people who say they are new (altogether or just to a specific FP), ask for directions and then follow them? They are also the best.

mastersilndr
02.18.2016 , 06:09 AM | #16
for the 1st time ( and ive played since launch) i got a GF group on my sin with 2 other sins an op. it was Cad and we snuck through almost all of the trash and bosses melted.

PLynkes
02.18.2016 , 06:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Great contribution. Why don't you put this in the Weird people thread?
Because there's nothing at all weird about it, I guess. Need a third thread: "The People You Normally Find In Group Finder."

ShadowzGreymoon
02.18.2016 , 07:20 AM | #18
Now after reading some of these posts. I'm tempted to try my hand at a few now. It's nice to see a better way of helping players regardless of being new or just new to FPs and etc. I myself have Ops for Dread sitting in my log on a few players both Republic and Imp side. Mostly Imp though, along with Seeds and Shroud's. Been sitting there so long I forgot all about them actually until now. But I give you guys credit and applaud you all for bring a nicer group finder thread, as the other one I avoided because I suck at just about anything with a group mechanic in it. I am a solo player that doesn't group at all. But you guys give me an idea that I may have to come out of my comfort zone and give it a try ...I may..May not, depends.

aerockyul
02.18.2016 , 04:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowzGreymoon View Post
Now after reading some of these posts. I'm tempted to try my hand at a few now. It's nice to see a better way of helping players regardless of being new or just new to FPs and etc. I myself have Ops for Dread sitting in my log on a few players both Republic and Imp side. Mostly Imp though, along with Seeds and Shroud's. Been sitting there so long I forgot all about them actually until now. But I give you guys credit and applaud you all for bring a nicer group finder thread, as the other one I avoided because I suck at just about anything with a group mechanic in it. I am a solo player that doesn't group at all. But you guys give me an idea that I may have to come out of my comfort zone and give it a try ...I may..May not, depends.
If you're not already in one, if you join a PVE guild there are more often than not plenty of people that would be happy to take you through them. You don't have to use the GF alone to get through group content. Guilds are more often than not patient, helpful, and supportive.
I would bet that most vets feel the same way I do about helping people with content. I feel more satisfaction getting through a FP that took time to explain and a couple of hard learning experiences via wipes than a zergfest faceroll with three other vets who can't even bother to respond to a simple "hi" in the beginning. Guess which one makes me fall asleep at my desk.
I'm happy to heal/tank the whole flashpoint for three new/mediocre dps (or one new tank) as long as they say they're new and they listen to advice. It's more manageable in guild runs but I've had similar experiences in GF, too. It only becomes a problem and turns into a story in the Weird People thread when the other people are rude (i.e. spacebar monkeys), fake "pros", completely silent despite efforts to elicit a response, or deliberately unwilling to follow advice if something isn't working.

I have another entry for great people: When I'm doing a guild run with two others and we have to queue for a random fourth. So far this week the randoms have been patient and engaging with the rest of the group, which is much appreciated since it is typically the first time for the two guildies I'm guiding through. No spacebar spam, rage quits due to a mechanic wipe that needs to be taught, or anything like that. It also gives a good example to the two new players that not all people in GF are weird.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

ShadowzGreymoon
02.19.2016 , 03:49 AM | #20
With most guilds atm not being too Alt friendly as I have 20 characters on Ebon Hawk alone, that well I tend to politely decline guild invites because I know if i don't log in on whatever name I put into a guild for at least 30 days, they have the right to Kick it, so to save myself some time and embarrassment I politely tell them I won't join because it's an ALT that I use to level up story content, and craft with, then move onto a new name. But I do see the point in joining a guild, other thing is too, I tend to use youtube as a source of learning mechanics for a fight, even when it's solo style like end of chapter class fights with Darths, and etc. I will go and watch how to move around and keep HP up without it declining fast. I usually stay out of the areas that are stuck on stupid. I won't deny I'm new to most stuff about the game, just also extremely shy to play with others. I guess past toxicity is what made me that way. But again thanks for the advice ,I still have a ways to go, and more research to do.