Patch 4.1a

TaitWatson

Hey folks!

Even though we had to cancel the maintenance window earlier today, we are still going to work to get 4.1a released sometime today. We have identified the issues with the patch and are going to have QA take a look and make sure they have been resolved. Once they have signed off, we will get the 4.1a show on the road.

I currently don't have any timing available, but I expect it to hit in the next few hours. I will post in this thread and edit this post once I have the exact times.

Thanks for your understanding!

-Tait

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks!

Even though we had to cancel the maintenance window earlier today, we are still going to work to get 4.1a released sometime today. We have identified the issues with the patch and are going to have QA take a look and make sure they have been resolved. Once they have signed off, we will get the 4.1a show on the road.

I currently don't have any timing available, but I expect it to hit in the next few hours. I will post in this thread and edit this post once I have the exact times.

-Tait

Thank you Tait appreciate the update looking forward to being able to craft again. :)

Hey folks!

Even though we had to cancel the maintenance window earlier today, we are still going to work to get 4.1a released sometime today.-Tait

No thanks, I would prefer you to put off the maintenance again until tomorrow otherwise the downtime is going to impact on prime time europe once again.

Edited by Jedi_riches

I'm not a Euro player but you guys sure are giving all the EU players a slap in the face by having these maintenance windows take place during their primetime hours. Wish you guys could've deployed the patch this morning. Would've been done by now.

nah, we're full decked and don't know what to do with our gametime..chapter was a joke from that pov

I would love to say I am shocked, sadly that would be a lie.

I do call BS on that a bug was found in QA. If you had QA, then many of these bugs you are fixing would not have been present in 4.1.

I think it is more than your one competent person was sick this morning and could not make it in to install the patch and you didn't trust the other flunkies not to screw up things worse.

Hey folks!

-Tait

Yes Dear

Edited by FlyingUsPoo

Hey folks!

-Tait

You may have cancelled the patch but my launcher is still looking for it, I am getting an

"Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection (208)" error

I have done nothing new since DL'd and played patch 4.1 yesterday. I have rebooted and checked that SWTOR is allowed through my firewall, so not sure what more I can do.

EDIT: Never mind, first try after posting and it launches! :rolleyes:

Edited by BrodieSolo

Wait, what?

They are pushing the maintenance to a LATER time TODAY?

Which means that when i am able to play, i might get kicked out because you can't fix your bugs on time (as usual)?

I do think you should push it to tomorrow morning and get some new people in the developer chairs.

It is ridiculous you´re not even trying to think about your European players.

Honestly, i am seriously thinking of canceling my subcription, after being an extremely loyal costumer since launch. I even got the Collector´s Edition. This game´s fun factor is going down, really really fast with all this `We don´t care about bug fixes, just push out the damn game update` mentality.

Thank you all

I'm happy European players get screwed and not American players. This is an American game after all, with an American development team. Bioware Austin is located where? Oh right, Texas. If this was a European game with a European dev team, I would have no problems being screwed over. Isn't this what happens in those Korean MMOs? Glad Americans are prioritized :D Edited by revcrisis

Well, that's at least partly good news.

Could we get a list of bugfixes in 4.1a please? It would be great to know this actually changes relics back to BoE, fixes the broken area loot in groups, replaces the schematics for Cybertech and so on.

Because if all you fix are the missing schematics for Synthweaving and Armormech, then you'll need a patch 4.1b tomorrow. ;)

Hey folks!

QA has signed off on the patch, and we are going to deploy it as soon as possible. There will be an in-game 15 minute warning at 830 PST (1630 GMT). We don't expect to be down longer than an hour and a half, and may come in shorter than that.

I apologize for the last minute notification, but we wanted to get this patch on the servers as soon as possible! The website will remain online, so I will give any updates here.

Thanks!

-Tait

*sigh* Gotta love it. People are pissed off when patches introduce bugs. Bioware delays a patch to work out the bugs, explains why they are doing it, people complain about the wait. I'm starting to think that maybe some people just want to be pissed off if everything doesn't go their way.

*sigh* Gotta love it. People are pissed off when patches introduce bugs. Bioware delays a patch to work out the bugs, explains why they are doing it, people complain about the wait. I'm starting to think that maybe some people just want to be pissed off if everything doesn't go their way.

No I would prefer it if they waited until tomorrow to patch, people in the EU already "lost" time once already this week and Bioware are gambling on a trouble free update otherwise EU players will loose more time to what they already have this week.

I am sure there is nothing so urgent this cannot be done tomorrow.