Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loading Stopping At 50%. Won't Move.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Loading Stopping At 50%. Won't Move.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Silly_Wulf
12.28.2011 , 11:39 PM | #1081
I would very much appreciate and like to see an update on what work is being done on the issue.

Are they rewriting hordes of script? are they troubleshooting step by step? are they trying to widdle it down to which system it is one by one? are they throwing together junk parts from frakenstine computers to try to replicate ours and the issue itself? Are they on the phone contacting customer support sayin "hey! this isnt working? howcome?!.... yes, ill hold.."

Even if they just gave us a timeframe or an idea of what to expect.. will we need to buy new computer components? will they patch it for us? will they shrug and say "sorry its broke, try buying ME3!" will they reimburse us for our subscription time? will they reimburse us for our Monies?

...are they out partying for the holidays/new year? if so.. are we invited? D;

~Swulf
Dying is just nature's way of saying "hey! you're not alive anymore!"

Xaene
12.28.2011 , 11:45 PM | #1082
Quote: Originally Posted by Evigilant View Post
What has worked for me every time is the following:

Press Ctrl + U once BEFORE the loading bar reaches 25% or 50%. I have found that the best time to do this is immediately after character selection, when the load screen pops up. I immediately press CTRL + U once before I see the progress bar even move.

If you fail to do it in time, ALT+Z and log out, go back to server selection, select character and try again. This has worked for me every single time.

Don't press Ctrl + U twice, don't press alt + z unless it fails.

Hope this helps at least a few of you.

Edit: I should note that if you fail to do it in time and press alt+z and nothing comes up, press ctrl + u one more time and try alt+z. What CTRL + U is doing is hiding your UI, pressing it twice brings it back (but screws up your quest tracking if you do this in game), so I imagine the problem relates to loading your UI, and that press CTRL + U before it gets loaded is causing a refresh.
Well, I hope this helps some people, but it did nothing for me.
I know, I have too much time on my hands.

Skarekroww
12.29.2011 , 12:01 AM | #1083
Bumping for some serious justice.

BioWare needs to make this their #1 priority.

Stop messing around with Quest bugs, or Chat bugs, when you have a fairly large amount of your playerbase who are NOT able to even play the game we paid for!

None of this started happening till I got the most recent patch. How hard is it to just go back and fix something like this?

cctman
12.29.2011 , 12:12 AM | #1084
Quote: Originally Posted by Evigilant View Post
What has worked for me every time is the following:

Press Ctrl + U once BEFORE the loading bar reaches 25% or 50%. I have found that the best time to do this is immediately after character selection, when the load screen pops up. I immediately press CTRL + U once before I see the progress bar even move.

If you fail to do it in time, ALT+Z and log out, go back to server selection, select character and try again. This has worked for me every single time.

Don't press Ctrl + U twice, don't press alt + z unless it fails.

Hope this helps at least a few of you.

Edit: I should note that if you fail to do it in time and press alt+z and nothing comes up, press ctrl + u one more time and try alt+z. What CTRL + U is doing is hiding your UI, pressing it twice brings it back (but screws up your quest tracking if you do this in game), so I imagine the problem relates to loading your UI, and that press CTRL + U before it gets loaded is causing a refresh.

I don't know how or why but I closed my game restarted it and then very quickly after clicking my selected toon I hit CTRL + U and it ran through my load screen perfectly... at least this time it worked. Thank you so much for temp fix!

Try this option once more very quickly after selecting your toon. It took me 3 trys to click fast enough.

Wardword
12.29.2011 , 12:17 AM | #1085
I believe Thursday is patch day, so I expect this will be resolved soon.
It happens to me as well every time I exit and or leave my ship. It takes me 40 mins of random relog attempts to get past the 50% lockup loadscreen despite everything.

Grumble......

blurplemoon
12.29.2011 , 12:25 AM | #1086
Quote: Originally Posted by Wardword View Post
I believe Thursday is patch day, so I expect this will be resolved soon.
It happens to me as well every time I exit and or leave my ship. It takes me 40 mins of random relog attempts to get past the 50% lockup loadscreen despite everything.

Grumble......
yep atm im stuck on my ship .... the door and everything tells me not rdy yet

my ui and chat all not useable O.o

SniprsGetMorHead
12.29.2011 , 12:31 AM | #1087
I'm depressed to see that Bioware has taken little interest in this besides, "please post your DXDIAG." Clearly it's a sofware problem and not with people's hardware. Considering that this bug has existed since beta it gives me little confidence that bioware will happen to fix it tomorrow. That being said if they do fix it, they'll have my eternal thanks.

I tried loading into Nar Shaddaa earlier and now I am stuck in this loading loop making my toon impossible to play. The game has clearly loaded as I can walk around and hear sounds but the loading screen overlaps everything. I can create a toon and load it without any problems.

Xaene
12.29.2011 , 12:35 AM | #1088
Anyone who has this problem to the point where you can't log in at all, do you notice that after you logout the progress bar starts moving?
I know, I have too much time on my hands.

SniprsGetMorHead
12.29.2011 , 12:43 AM | #1089
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaene View Post
Anyone who has this problem to the point where you can't log in at all, do you notice that after you logout the progress bar starts moving?
I have noticed this too. I'll click log out and notice that the bar loads before fully going to the character select screen.

Artthen
12.29.2011 , 12:44 AM | #1090
Because this thread has exceeded 1,000 posts, a new version has been created here. Please continue discussion within the new thread. Thanks!