Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

MasterCboath
12.28.2011 , 11:45 PM | #1
I'm guessing I am not the only one to complain about this, BUT why in the WORLD is there no option for a Bounty Hunter to go Rifles? I would think that would be automatic for tanking tree, and I was originally going to go the tank rout until I found that out and went 2 blasters instead. It just seems foolish as all the popular BH in the SWars Uni all have blaster rifles besides Jango Fett.

Was there a reason why they went a different way with this? are there plans to add them maybe in the future?
For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is.

KetMalice
12.29.2011 , 12:03 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterCboath View Post
I'm guessing I am not the only one to complain about this, BUT why in the WORLD is there no option for a Bounty Hunter to go Rifles? I would think that would be automatic for tanking tree, and I was originally going to go the tank rout until I found that out and went 2 blasters instead. It just seems foolish as all the popular BH in the SWars Uni all have blaster rifles besides Jango Fett.

Was there a reason why they went a different way with this? are there plans to add them maybe in the future?
8 year olds that saw Jango Fett.

Pretty sure the most well known and bad *** Bounty Hunter in the entire galaxy uses a Blastech EE3.

MasterCboath
12.29.2011 , 12:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
8 year olds that saw Jango Fett.

Pretty sure the most well known and bad *** Bounty Hunter in the entire galaxy uses a Blastech EE3.
Right. Thats why I figured blaster rifle would be automatic for the non-dual wield tree. Why would a hunter want to use a single blast pistol. Give me a break!
For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is.

-Leon
12.29.2011 , 01:07 AM | #4
And Dengar uses a heavy blaster, oh yea!

Give us a heavy blaster.

Sericus
12.29.2011 , 01:25 AM | #5
I'd even be happy with a LLC (Light Lightning Cannon).

spiey
12.29.2011 , 02:44 AM | #6
100% agreed i would go PT but having one little blaster is embarrassing i feel like a child with it

DarkKnightCuron
12.29.2011 , 03:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by spiey View Post
100% agreed i would go PT but having one little blaster is embarrassing i feel like a child with it
I don't find it embarressing, but then again, I managed to find a pistol that makes me look like I'm compensating for something.

I'll go ahead and voice my opinion on the matter though. Due to the playstyle of the Powertech, pistols are actually ideal for the kind of close-quarters fighting we find ourselves in. For longer-range fighting, I wouldn't mind having a blaster rifle, but for the extreme close quarters I find myself in, pistols are a godsend. They allow you to maneuver during melee combat, and pistols are more 'environment friendly' in the fact that they don't have a lot of bulk to deal with when making tight turns in starships and buildings.

While I would love to see blaster rifles become a viable option (perhaps a particular specialization tree for Powertech and/or Mercenary?), I can see why the developers wanted Powertechs in particular to carry a pistol.

Trust me, there's some awesome looking pistols in this game.

Thargrim
12.29.2011 , 03:32 AM | #8
I do think BHs should get an option for rifles, I mean Powertech was based off Boba Fett who used a rifle, whereas Merc was based on Jango who used dual blasters. Bioware really sucks at giving players customibility and options.

davidpop
12.29.2011 , 04:22 AM | #9
Bioware knew that BH would be a popular class, because of Boba, so why they decided we should use blasters insted of riffels is beyond me.

A bounty hunter without his riffel is as stupid as a jedi without a light saber.

Subetai
12.29.2011 , 07:26 AM | #10
Honestly, as a Powertech BH I don't even find myself firing my blaster all that often. Most of my attacks make use of the left-hand weapons platform, so using a single-handed blaster pistol makes more sense.

Rifles would still be cool, though.