Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Changes in 4.1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

The-Kaitou-Kid
01.26.2016 , 01:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by docbenwayddo View Post
This sounds like a huge nerf to Companion Gift missions, or am I missing something? As it stands now I can send out 6 companions on Rich rank 5 gift mission and be guaranteed at least a blue prototype quality rank 5 gift with possible purples, but post change I'll only have 3 possible rank 5 missions and they have no "Rich" quality so even the greens will be possible?
As he mentioned in the post, there won't be a possibility to get green companion gifts from these missions. The standard is a blue companion gift with purples possible with a crit.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Companion Gift Missions are now only available in Grade 1-5, in order to be consistent with the Companion Gift Ranks. Example, Companion Gifts of Rank 4 are only available from Grade 4 Missions
  • Companion Gift Missions no longer reward Premium (green) Quality. These Missions now reward Protoype (blue) quality, or Artifact (purple) quality on a critical result
You can't have 6 companions out for rank 5 gifts anymore, that's true, but you're also guaranteed blue quality gifts or better.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

DomiSotto
01.26.2016 , 01:01 PM | #22
Eric, thank you for the detailed post.

One important question, please!

Where are the new Level 9 nodes located. I.e. which planets?

Thank you!!!
Deal.

Shwarzchild
01.26.2016 , 01:11 PM | #23
Relic question:

The relics we've already crafted from reverse engineering the relics found in operations....will those be included in the changes so they no longer mirror the (for example) 220 mk1s?

Tarackian
01.26.2016 , 01:12 PM | #24
What about schematics for old armor sets?

The last post on crafting said you would be bringing back the old looks for crafters, but it isn't mentioned here.

Exly
01.26.2016 , 01:15 PM | #25
Where will the new gathering nodes be located?

dscount
01.26.2016 , 01:18 PM | #26
Might be "Best Craftable", but it seems misleading.

We can still craft 216 and 220 gear/mods. That is still better than the listed 208 I would think.

Will Dark Matters and Exotics still be required to craft OPERATIONS 216/220 gear/mods or new stuff?
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

JMCA
01.26.2016 , 01:19 PM | #27
The FFXIV influence is strong.

I'm really glad that they're making crafting more important. This is going to be a big boost to the economy and adds more viability to the solo player approach. Now we can supply and profit from raiders and pvp players more effectively than ever.

BW finally knows what it's doing. It's great to see.

NermalDetonator
01.26.2016 , 01:22 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Kaitou-Kid View Post
As he mentioned in the post, there won't be a possibility to get green companion gifts from these missions. The standard is a blue companion gift with purples possible with a crit.

You can't have 6 companions out for rank 5 gifts anymore, that's true, but you're also guaranteed blue quality gifts or better.
You were always guaranteed blue with Rich missions anyways, so its basically cutting the tier 5 gift acquisition rate in half, as they were in both level 5 and 6.

Gwena
01.26.2016 , 01:23 PM | #29
The changes look good, thank you for the well laid out information!

I am really glad to see artifice getting some love and much needed streamlining for the color crystals. But what about the magenta color crystals? Please don't forget about magenta, it is a lovely color!
Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Please consider using my referral link if you are a new player or a returning subscriber! What you get and more info here.

EricMusco
01.26.2016 , 01:23 PM | #30 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
Where will the new gathering nodes be located?
The new gathering nodes will be located in all "public" areas of Fallen Empire. An example would be the Zakuul Swamp.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]