Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Static Barrier

winterforge
12.28.2011 , 03:37 PM | #1
Static Barrier. Does anyone know the damage absorption number for this ability? All the tooltip and Torhead say is "a high amount of damage" which really isn't that informative:

Static Barrier
Instant
Force: 65
Range: 30m
Surrounds the target in a lightning shield that lasts 30 seconds and absorbs a high amount of damage. Protected targets become deionized and cannot benefit from Static Barrier again for 20 seconds.

PiercerPro
12.28.2011 , 04:04 PM | #2
Not sure on the exact amount but it is as the tool tip describes a high amount and once it is Buffed to 20% with 2 pts of Lightning Barrier (2nd tier, Lightning Tree far right side), if you specc'd into it. It absorbs tons of DMG.

I have cast it on my companion while fighting 1 Strong +2 reg mobs and sometimes, depending on crits, the shield is still on my companion.
"A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer."
Kurn lvl 50 Corruption Sorcerer

Badgerpanic
12.28.2011 , 08:00 PM | #3
It's a LOT. Once you get the talents that buff it by 10/20% and reduce it's cost by 15/30 FP, it is far and away your best single target healing spell. As to how much exactly it absorbs...I don't know, a bunch? Just use it on CD.

Guestifass
12.28.2011 , 11:09 PM | #4
I read someplace that at 50 the barrier absorbs 1162 + 327% Force Healing.

So assuming even 1k force healing that's close to a 5k shield. No idea about lower versions.