so this is very fun ... but those of you "we love to play with friends" ...

AlCorazon

Well i have been monitoring and reading threads on the forum about balance, premades, etc etc etc....

I have to say, that the amount of people going: "We wan't to play with friends, bla bla bla" is amazing, actually no, they are the same people.

So here is how it really works..... a group of pugs goes in to a reg match, lets say at 65, this is where i play mostly. And they are faced with a Take a Seat or Big in Japan premade.... they will get pooped on, obviously. Because premade will have skilled players, in top quality balanced gear, communication and all those little things.....

A lot of the time, these guilds, when faced with a republic premade of same strength, quit with entire group, when they see enemy leading by 2 or 4 damn points....they just go. Before they go, however they **** toxic crap on their 4 pug teammates, because it is obviously their fault.

Now have any of you thought, why is que for ranked so long? Why these who claim they love competition and challenge are not q-ng for it? Because face-rolling pugs is fun... they don't go there to have fun... most often if premade is facing pug, they will win...it is a fact, i am not talking premade vs premade but premade vs pugs....

Now imagine when a player who has never pvped in his life, decides to get in to a match, having basic 204 set, and he goes regs, because he assumes that he is not ready for ranked, and he is faced with pvp guild premade, who will beat him in to the ground. Now just take a moment and thing about this, so whenever someone who does not like to face elitist PvP guilds who will crap on you whether they are opposing you or on your team. There is no learning, there is just beating. If you like to que with friends, que ranked? Why are you not q-ng ranked then? Friend loving people? Huh? There will be challenge there, so go on take it. But you simply won't, because it presents a challenge, and your ego will not survive it, if you lost.

So when people post their complains about premades, many lovely people come straight away, start to insult, tell to learn to play, and put down about getting friends... etc etc... everyone likes to play in a different way, i don't like grouping, ill take my chances alone, and surprisingly do well by now.

So once again, when people come here to say how they feel, don't go insulting them, with your we love to play with friends crap, because you know and i know, it is ********, you like the numbers you make in regs, the kills you make and its fun to **** all over those who are learning, which regs are essentialy for.

But hey, soon you will not have anyone to kill, i have seen on 3 occasions on hypergate, when a team of pugs just quit entirely, they minute they got to middle zone and found take a seat, Big in Japan or other full premade, created with synchronized q.

Team just quit.... and it happens more and more.

So when someone does complain that they can't learn while being beaten to the ground, you do not need to rush over to tell those people to learn to play, or call them noobs... just because you fear that oh boy, i won't be able to beat up learning pugs any more, *** will i do with my life then, id have to fight someone my own strenght...

Now let the hate begin! Im Ready!

Edited by AlCorazon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If specific premades are ruining your experience, just continually drop the WZ when you see them and try to convince your pug group to do the same. I'm sure matches being forfeit is less fun than the rolling that those premades are doing. That's about all you can do, because there will probably never be a premade vs premade queue.

Personally I've found premades to be overrated. A few of them are highly coordinated and not fun to play against, but the vast majority (that I've come across) were just as disorganized as their pug teammates or pug opponents. Most premades consist of guildies hopping on together to get their dailies/weeklies done, and it's 2-3 less people that can explode on you in chat for making a simple mistake. And if it's just friends playing together as you say, that's even LESS likely to happen. The match is less stressful this way and easier to take the rage of one idiot on the team when you're in there as a group. You're also more likely to get words of encouragement for saving the match or doing something great than the others who will just stay silent as if nothing happened.

Not every premade has VOIP, a trinity/idealized group makeup, nothing but FOTM, a desire to farm newbs, spawn camp, etc. Avoid the ones that do, find a guild/friends to play with, and your experience will almost never lead you to become so stressed/angry that you have to post in the forums about it (you may even post about the positive experiences, which would be a refreshing change from most of the stuff that's posted here)

If specific premades are ruining your experience, just continually drop the WZ when you see them and try to convince your pug group to do the same. I'm sure matches being forfeit is less fun than the rolling that those premades are doing. That's about all you can do, because there will probably never be a premade vs premade queue.

Personally I've found premades to be overrated. A few of them are highly coordinated and not fun to play against, but the vast majority (that I've come across) were just as disorganized as their pug teammates or pug opponents. Most premades consist of guildies hopping on together to get their dailies/weeklies done, and it's 2-3 less people that can explode on you in chat for making a simple mistake. And if it's just friends playing together as you say, that's even LESS likely to happen. The match is less stressful this way and easier to take the rage of one idiot on the team when you're in there as a group. You're also more likely to get words of encouragement for saving the match or doing something great than the others who will just stay silent as if nothing happened.

Not every premade has VOIP, a trinity/idealized group makeup, nothing but FOTM, a desire to farm newbs, spawn camp, etc. Avoid the ones that do, find a guild/friends to play with, and your experience will almost never lead you to become so stressed/angry that you have to post in the forums about it (you may even post about the positive experiences, which would be a refreshing change from most of the stuff that's posted here)

You misread my intention ... i don't get stressed about this stuff im fine, however i object when other people complain, a storm of people who come to forums, to put them down. I just clarify, i deeply don't care premade or not.... im fine, it is only a game.

A lot of the time, these guilds, when faced with a republic premade of same strength, quit with entire group, when they see enemy leading by 2 or 4 damn points....they just go. Before they go, however they **** toxic crap on their 4 pug teammates, because it is obviously their fault.

tbh i've not seen that yet either from BiJ nor from Take a Seat, but from republic side (forgot which) in their "arena composition", going mid, doing their arena stuff, farming numbers, ignoring inc calls, then blaming the rest. Made me prefer to be teamed with pugs who at least try to play objective. I wondered why one guy left immediatly at the beginning. Now i know why.

Most premades consist of guildies hopping on together to get their dailies/weeklies done

This is usually the case for me, but outside of ranked I rarely group up with 3 others anyway.

It's usually just me and a buddy getting some dailies done, but I continue queueing for like 20 matches while he logs off.

Most of the time it's not intended, we just meet up in match and if on opposing sides we target each other for the entire thing. Then we queue together.

Edited by Ruhun

What BW needs to do is add the regular WZ maps to ranked as well. Then they need to disable group queuing from unranked. Problem solved. The way I see it, these premades are actively discouraging pugs from enjoying this content and that hurts the game (and BW/EA) in the long run.

What BW needs to do is add the regular WZ maps to ranked as well. Then they need to disable group queuing from unranked. Problem solved. The way I see it, these premades are actively discouraging pugs from enjoying this content and that hurts the game (and BW/EA) in the long run.

Exactly.... and every single one of them will solo que, trust me... 99% have massive egos, and wil; not que for group content... at the minute seeing entire pug team just outright leave, before match starts is very sad..the onlly way they will suppress the ego and join ranked 8 on 8 is for seasonal rewards ....

I wonder, why is it that our "we love to group up with friends" people object to that idea so hard? This will nto deny them to group up, it will however deny them to simply faceroll new people ... which of course will take away majority of the fun of playing with mates in unranked...

You guys assume a lot of these premades care or even put a lot of thought into stomping pugs. I usually queue solo, but for groups; In my guild, it usually goes like this:

"Anyone got room?" or "Got room for __."

Role and spec isn't really considered aside from "anybody healing?" Otherwise it's just "Play what you want."

Then we queue up and play. Win like 90% of matches. Never once have I heard "let's queue a full trinity OPFOTM comp and terrorize regs." No one cares. The real problem with regs is the overwhelming saltiness from the losing side. We're all sore losers. And we should be. Most normal people hate to lose. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

You guys assume a lot of these premades care or even put a lot of thought into stomping pugs. I usually queue solo, but for groups; In my guild, it usually goes like this:

"Anyone got room?" or "Got room for __."

Role and spec isn't really considered aside from "anybody healing?" Otherwise it's just "Play what you want."

Then we queue up and play. Win like 90% of matches. Never once have I heard "let's queue a full trinity OPFOTM comp and terrorize regs." No one cares. The real problem with regs is the overwhelming saltiness from the losing side. We're all sore losers. And we should be. Most normal people hate to lose. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Some amount of thought has to go into making these groups, or I wouldn't see 4 *********** healers per match because 2 premades have 2 healers, a tank and a dps.

Oh, and very rarely are these healers anything but a Sage.

Edited by Ruhun

apart from the social aspect of grouping and playing together with friends and guild members in pvp

Running Premades or groups is just the natural progression of pvpers, just like gearing up a character you Don't stop at teir 1 pvp gear you work for the highest and it's what everyone who pvps in this game regularly should be working towards. so find some friends, join a guild or make your own and start running groups. Get on the level.

Edited by denpic

Heh, you guys have never played on POT5.

There are two specific guilds (I won't mention names to protect the "innocent"). One is pub side, the other imp, which literally ONLY play regs with double synced triple healer, tank groups cause they are individually **** players. Hence why I moved to Harbinger.

a) Nobody ques ranked on that server, ever. But don't worry everyone is a Reg Hero. (You can sit in que for ranked any time of day, weekends, for HOURS and it will not pop.)

b) The egos in regs are real.

I've played a few mmos over the years on many different servers and I have never encountered such a toxic atmosphere. You guys need to get gold stars on the try hard effort.

they are playing the game they can play regs or ranked and group up with whoever they like.. you can name call all you want if it makes you feel better but that doesn't change anything.

The level of autism in this game is tooo stronk. I normally run with a "premade" of sorts in regs (3-5 RL friends in the guild Stop Resisting on Harb), we do so because we all prefer objective based PvP over constant 4v4 TDM on the same small maps. This is an MMO, the point is to play with other people. Find yourself a guild. Or continue to cry on the forums about some **** that will never be changed, either way.

Stop Resisting.

The level of autism in this game is tooo stronk. I normally run with a "premade" of sorts in regs (3-5 RL friends in the guild Stop Resisting on Harb), we do so because we all prefer objective based PvP over constant 4v4 TDM on the same small maps. This is an MMO, the point is to play with other people. Find yourself a guild. Or continue to cry on the forums about some **** that will never be changed, either way.

Stop Resisting.

Again, if the only viable way to pvp is queueing with a group solo would not exist.

One of the worst things that they did was removing 8v8 ranked, but I assume premade groups would still farm regs to laughs.

And if they only intended people to que up solo in regs, they wouldnt allow you to que regs in a group. Crazy how that logic carries over huh?

So ranked groups farming regs is working as intended?

Do you not see that ranked is where competitive grouping should happen and solo queueing/casual play in regs?

And if you and several friends played the game for the sole purpose of pvping together, would you be happy with that being the only PvP you partook in? Its literally just parsing numbers 4v4 Team Death Match.

Which is why I said they should have never removed 8v8s.

What I think should happen is either ranked 8v8s or proper matchmaking, where people who were grouped together are more likely to face others who have done the same.

They could also just remove solo all together, so we all play with our 'friends'.

Edited by Ruhun

Well thats all fine and dandy, but you have to play the game the way it exists not the way you wish it was. As is, you cant blame people for grouping up with their guildies for some objective pvp. Edited by Janglor