Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

January Producer Live Stream Wrap-up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
January Producer Live Stream Wrap-up
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wurst_Inge
01.15.2016 , 05:20 AM | #101
Please BW finally puts the power classes in PVP weaker balance looks different !

Kheeleb
01.15.2016 , 05:37 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Geeorgedk View Post
One sentence from the live stream really stood out, the developer said: 'We have no plans'. I forgot what the question was exactly, but I think it had something to do with Operations. That is not a good sign.
To me it seems "We have no plan" is their personal 42, read: The answer to everything

havikoro
01.15.2016 , 05:43 AM | #103
Quite disappointing stream, no surprise again tho.

Talking about class balancing: Make it more frequently and finally start listening to the community.
If you dont know how to balance pvp, reward people for testing stuff out for you on the pts. More people will do it that way and save you lots of time by giving you feedback.

Hombold
01.15.2016 , 06:36 AM | #104
Well, Bioware either still doesn't understand the problems SWTOR has or doesn't have have any possibility to fix them.

PVP is terrible and requires a MAJOR and i mean complete remake. The abilities are terrible and the technology behind it as well. It was obvious during the Illum "Open PVP" days (shortly after release of SWTOR) that the PVP system and the engine had major problems and as far as I can tell nothing has been addressed. It's simply not that obvious anymore due to the lack of players.

And continuing the KotFE storyline and ignoring missing group content? This will not work. Being "The One" in an MMO is a TERRIBLE IDEA. Turn the storyline into something focused on groups. Make every player feel like they are part of something but that they can only do it if they play together with others.

WoW lost about half it's subscribers in 2015 because they failed to provide a proper group experience. How many subscribers can you lose before you either seriously change your approach or go down completely?
You know what the chain of command is?

It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

Kheeleb
01.15.2016 , 07:19 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombold View Post
...Being "The One" in an MMO is a TERRIBLE IDEA. Turn the storyline into something focused on groups. Make every player feel like they are part of something but that they can only do it if they play together with others....
Exactly this. Imagine you could play LotRO as Gandalf or Frodo, that's ridiculous. Despite all the flaws LotRO got over the years, this one thing they did right.

NuRhoPhi
01.15.2016 , 07:29 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Thank you for tuning into our Producer Live Stream with Ben and myself. Here is a recap of the things we talked about, for those of you that couldn't tune in.

State of the Galaxy
  • Group content - We know that group content is something that is very important to you guys. Although we have no further updates at this time on the PvE side, we did talk a bit about the new Warzone which is coming (more on that shortly). Also, we will have even more detailed information on the new Warzone in next month's Producer Live Stream.
  • GTN Search - Thank you to all of you who helped us gather information on the issue. With that information in hand we were able to resolve the GTN search issues yesterday afternoon.
  • Events- As mentioned previously on the forums, due to the issues in December we are re-running all three recurring events in January.
  • Conquest Rewards - By the end of the day today (Austin time) everyone should be receiving their missing Conquest rewards.
Changes Since Last Stream
  • The Eternal Championship and Bowdaar Recruitment have been moved to coincide with Chapter XI (Update 4.2)
  • A Blizz Recruitment Mission has been added into Chapter X (Update 4.1)
  • Reminder that Chapter X is launching on February 11th. Be a subscriber by February 1 to get the HK-55 Jetpack and 2 days of early access.
New Information:
Crafting
  • Skill increase to 550
  • New Materials
  • New craftable Gear and Mods
  • Mission re-organization
  • *more details coming via forum posts towards the end of January
New Warzone
  • Located on Odessan
  • New Game Mode - King of the Hill
  • Multiple Hills
  • Hills randomly spawn
  • More details coming in the February Producer Live Stream
Eternal Championship
  • It is a solo challenge
  • Contains ten encounters
  • Weekly Missions reward progress
  • Rare drops from encounters
  • Recruitment Mission for Bowdaar

If you have any questions or comments about the things we talked about, feel free to post them in this thread! Thanks everyone.

-eric
Just for you Eric, things that don't work, and will never work out, currently in SWTOR :
The DoT-spread for operative/scoundrel: needs to be removed from that idiotic carbine burst, and given to the thermal grenade instead. While we're at it: the utlity that gives carbine burst +25% dmg: make it also improve thermal grenade by +25%.

The Pyrotech spec: what does this spec offer, for pvp or pve? Needs a complete redesign, with flamethrower removed. Channeled melee ability:= FAIL. BAD BIOWARE. Flamethrower replacement: an instant ability; a conal series of flames, each dealing high damage vs target within 10m, and 50% to everyone within 5m of him.
Or, how about that "heat beam" animation that black hole NPC's have? Copy animation, 2s channel on the move, heavy slow and increasing damage to the target, no new animations.
AP gets the better DFA (why??), so even for AoE I wouldn't be keen to pick Pyro..
This spec is similar to Annihilation: sustained, melee dot. Why did you forgot to add dps?
And for F sake, change that awful 30s DoT. I don't want to keep track of DoT's for 30s. Make it a 10s DoT, 20s cooldown. 50% uptime: so massively increase the ticking whilst it is up.
Option: In Pyrotech discipline: half cooldown on the +25% crit chance buff.
So many options ...

IO: likewise.. why pick this over arsenal?
Further buff incendiary (EDIT: I mean the Plasma grenade one.. I forget the name, because I don't use it much..) missile. Serrated shot no longer DoT-spreads; this becomes the DoT with 50% uptime, dealing more damage and providing a semi-burst window.
Half cost of unload: gone are the heat issues.

Personal preference:
Melee DoT-specs lose the DoT-spread; their radius is small centered around themselves etc.
In return, compared to ranged DoT they should have better burst, and higher single target sustained.

New PVP rework: all stuns/mezzes etc now only work 3/4's as long vs other players.
So, a 4s stun grenade only stuns a player for 3s.
a 6s mezz stuns for 4.5 s.

That sorc teleport? 2 min cooldown, stat.
Operative teleport: then remove the 2x roll. Or, put it on "shared" cooldown. : cannot use whilst roll is on cd; using this ability puts roll on 10s cd.

Halinalle
01.15.2016 , 07:48 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by NuRhoPhi View Post
The Pyrotech spec: what does this spec offer, for pvp or pve? Needs a complete redesign, with flamethrower removed. Channeled melee ability:= FAIL. BAD BIOWARE. Flamethrower replacement: an instant ability; a conal series of flames, each dealing high damage vs target within 10m, and 50% to everyone within 5m of him.
You just don't know how to play Pyro.

Also your suggestion would cause annoying heat issues.

Stradlin
01.15.2016 , 08:08 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Thank you for tuning into our Producer Live Stream with Ben and myself. Here is a recap of the things we talked about, for those of you that couldn't tune in.

State of the Galaxy[LIST][*]Group content - We know that group content is something that is very important to you guys. Although we have no further updates at this time on the PvE side,
-eric

I checked my Dev Speak - English dictionary.

Basically, if portion of the game you enjoy gets the " we know you guys..." speech, it means you'd save yourself lot of trouble if you developed a talent to start loving every single second you get to watch a head talks. Cause nothing you hope will happen is going to happen in foreseeable future.

It remains utterly INSANE how we are stuck with enjoying an MMO in live dev, where MMO features take a freaking community revolt to end up in things-to-do list of Devs.
Iota Squadron - iota.enjin.com

EricMusco
01.15.2016 , 09:30 AM | #109 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordSnake View Post
So just two questions,
Is slicing increased to 550?
Can you bring companions to the eternal championship or does it. Have to be just you?
Good questions:
  • Yes, all crew skills, including Slicing, will have their skill caps increased to 550.
  • It is you and your Companion.
-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
01.15.2016 , 09:37 AM | #110 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

One of the questions that came up on the stream was around Loot in Nightmare Operations. I said I would post the answer on the forums after the stream, so here is the update that I have.

Starting in Game Update 4.1 (with Chapter X) the final boss in a Nightmare Operation will now have a 100% chance to drop a 224 item. All other bosses in the Op will still have a chance to drop 224, but it is not guaranteed.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]