Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear Rewards from Eternal Championship

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gear Rewards from Eternal Championship
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
01.14.2016 , 04:54 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

One of the things Ben mentioned on the live stream, is that the dev team is looking to get some feedback regarding rewards from the Eternal Championship. Currently there are weekly quests for defeating 5, 7, and 10 encounters. Here is what Ben was looking for:
  • What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 5 encounters?
  • What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 7 encounters?
  • What level of gear should be rewarded for clearing 10 encounters?
Feel free to answer by comparison (this should drop gear similar to a HM Flashpoint) or in Item Rating.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MorgenBlue
01.14.2016 , 04:56 PM | #2
How difficult are said encounters? Will clearing all 10 encounters be on par with NiM raids or face roll SM? I'm not sure we can answer what kind of gear they should drop without knowing how hard they are.

Transcendent
01.14.2016 , 04:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
With Level Sync, I'm fairly sure it isn't important to have anything aside from cosmetic shells Eric.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Jerba
01.14.2016 , 04:57 PM | #4
That's a tough question. In general, I'd hope that the Eternal Championship teaches players how to play their class; this has been lacking in the story chapters. I'm not just talking about maximizing DPS (since that depends too much on the gear) but also how to use stuns and interrupts. IMO, at least one of the bosses should only be beatable if you use an interrupt.
While I applaud your efforts to make the final bosses a challenge, I doubt it will be challenging for anyone on my raid group but I like to be proven wrong. After all, the fights have to be tuned not just for DPS players but also for healers and tanks so I can't see you putting in a 5k DPS check for the final challenge.

Regarding the gear that should drop, I'm thinking along the lines of purple 208-216 gear. There's nothing wrong with admitting that Tactical Flashpoints and HM flashpoints are the wrong way to gear up. Considering how easy it is to get 216 gear from SM operations, I don't mind players getting like MK-2 216 gear from the Eternal Championship. At least that way, they'll be able to gear up and have a big motivation to learn their classes, because you don't need to know your class for SM operations.

I don't see a point to have the 5th challenge drop less gear than the 10th challenge. Players who can complete the 10th challenge can easily clear HM raids and get 220/224 gear. If anything, this should focus on getting better gear for casual players who have at most seen SM raids. So let all challenges drop the same type of gear - maybe have 7th challenge drop MK-2 216 and the 5th challenge only 208 to offer a incentive to get better.
Progression players will run this for fun, they are already BiS and need no more gear.

EricMusco
01.14.2016 , 04:58 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgenBlue View Post
How difficult are said encounters? Will clearing all 10 encounters be on par with NiM raids or face roll SM? I'm not sure we can answer what kind of gear they should drop without knowing how hard they are.
That's a great question! Since that is still in flux, I would say include that as part of your answer, how you feel the rewards should be reflected in difficulty.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarkLordSnake
01.14.2016 , 05:00 PM | #6
Hey folks,

One of the things Ben mentioned on the live stream, is that the dev team is looking to get some feedback regarding rewards from the Eternal Championship. Currently there are weekly quests for defeating 5, 7, and 10 encounters. Here is what Ben was looking for:
Feel free to answer by comparison (this should drop gear similar to a HM Flashpoint) or in Item Rating.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
What level of gear should be rewarded upon killing 5 encounters: *I would say rating 218
Upon killing 7 encounters: *Gear Rating 222
Upon killing 10 encounters: *Gear rating 224

Jamtas
01.14.2016 , 05:00 PM | #7
Complete all 10 and you're rewarded with a new operation?
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Peace out.

znihilist
01.14.2016 , 05:00 PM | #8
208 I guess?
One 216 none-ops gear, players can choose one piece to cannibalise for parts to complement their SM OPs gear.

One 216 ops token if it is hard, players can choose one token to complement their SM OPs gear.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

Jamtas
01.14.2016 , 05:01 PM | #9
That's a great question! Since that is still in flux, I would say include that as part of your answer, how you feel the rewards should be reflected in difficulty.

-eric
if difficulty is equal to SM OP, all 10= 208 MH

if harder, maybe a 216 OH or relic
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Peace out.

Swordy
01.14.2016 , 05:02 PM | #10
FFS stop giving out raid gear for solo content.

You're killing guilds by doing this.